• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

I only count 10?

But even if they do, putting all the long tail mascot games that close together is vampire city, sucking each others' sales.
Originally I would agree but considering these are budget priced titles I don't think it'll have as much of an effect as a full priced release.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lol chronicles isn't spelled correctly in that fake leak

i know three syllable words are hard but still

also the game isn't called project steam ahahahah

omg

Crap I was gone a bit and now a Direct was announced! Where's the freakin' tickets!?

6cc.jpg

Hatchtag

Banned
Personal Expectations:
-Amiibo event at Toys R Us on Thursday. Get Pit and Captain Falcon Amiibos, save $10 on 3+. Maybe do more with it, since that's what they're already supposedly doing.
-Majora's Mask, Kirby, N3DS on the 13th. Wave 3 of Amiibos launches then as well.
-Codename Steam, Mario Party 10 and Amiibo Wave 4 launch March 13th. Some Amiibos compatible.
-Smash Bros' first big update announced. Adds Miiverse stage, tournament mode, and Amiibos on 3DS. Mewtwo trailer maybe?
-Mario Kart DLC mentioned again. Another update to add more Amiibo compatibility.
-Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Yarn Yoshi reconfirmed for first half of 2015. But not all 3. One pushed out.
-Xenoblade 3DS also confirmed for US. New Xenoblade X trailer as well.
-Star Fox or Zelda trailer to end the direct.
I will be incredibly pleased if any major new titles are revealed. I don't expect any after only getting MM3D in November.

finalflame

QoL isn't a games thing

It's like Sony announcing movie stu--it's like Sony announcing TV stuff---it's like Sony announcing insurance stuff at E3. It's not the venue for it.

Then, when? They just missed CES. Next year's CES? They are known as a game company, and only a game company. I have a feeling they will tie in QoL with their gaming platforms somehow. If it has been said otherwise somewhere else then please correct me, but that's what I personally believe for now.

mStudios

Guys start opening your gamestop/nintendo tabs before all the scalper start buying the consoles/games so you cant play it

I don't expect anything from Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem until E3. It's obviously a 2016 title given how loaded their 2015 lineup is already.

lol chronicles isn't spelled correctly in that fake leak

i know three syllable words are hard but still

also the game isn't called project steam ahahahah

omg

Fake leaks have really gone downhill. They can't even be bothered to come up with grimdark sounding subtitles for Zelda now.

Do they actually just write these down? For what? Rehearsal? It's pre-recorded. I don't know.

That list is obviously fake, but there almost certainly would be some sort of internal memo detailing the contents of the direct for various departments to reference.

I'm hoping to see Star Fox, more Virtual Console stuff (like the DS one that's long over due) and I imagine new 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D stuff.

Mory Dunz

Do you guys think Zelda U will be shown at all?

I'm going with no since it was shown at VGX.

I feel the next time we'll see it for an extedned period of time will have to be the "real" trailer...so....E3?

Volotaire

The time is now Next Level Games.

I think they would leave Next Level to E3, especially if they're developing a Wii U game. Also, since the Direct is for Spring titles, if there was to be a surprise at the end it would most likely be an already announced game. Then again, they could throw a spanner in the works. But I think if they were to announce something at this point it would be a title that is low key like a port or a remaster.

jholmes

Do you guys think Zelda U will be shown at all?

I'm going with no since it was shown at VGX.

I feel the next time we'll see it for an extedned period of time will have to be the "real" trailer...so....E3?

Maybe in some sort of a montage I guess? The real question as I see it is if we'll see StarFox.

Also acceptable: seeing what became of the Miyamoto Projects.

Top Bottom