• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

serplux

Turtle Tale is coming to the 3DS eShop, made by Saturnine Games (Antipole, Cosmos X2, Armless Octopus).

Screens:

turtle-tale-4.jpg

turtle-tale-7.jpg

Roto13

Finally. Of course, Nintendo botched the timing of this like they botch seemingly everything these days. Should have come out as a free download code if you picked up Mirror of Fate. I don't really understand it, but the VC has never really been used as a promotional tool for new games like it should have.

Oh well, I'll get this for sure. Love having great NES games on my 3DS. I just want more. And SNES. And GBA.

Yeah, man, whenever a company doesn't use my ideas, it can only be because they're major fuckups.

That was announced before launch. :( I think the whole Konami buyout kinda destroyed any plans for TG-16 games.

They still seem to have an interest in Hudson's back catalog, though. Almost every Famicom title coming out on VC in Japan in the past few months has been a Hudson game.

kiri

I unfortunately cannot post new threads, what with being a Juniour member and I'm not sure where to post this...so I'll do it here!

Today, on the Japanese Wii U eShop, a notice has just appeared that on;

2013/2/26 between 4am-10am (JST)

The service will be closed for maintanence. This could be the Spring update.....?

DaBoss

I unfortunately cannot post new threads, what with being a Juniour member and I'm not sure where to post this...so I'll do it here!

Today, on the Japanese Wii U eShop, a notice has just appeared that on;

2013/2/26 between 4am-10am (JST)

The service will be closed for maintanence. This could be the Spring update.....?

Could be, but most likely not. Updates usually come internationally on the same day, so if it is on the NA/EU eShop, then it may be important.

ngower

Beat Sakura Samurai earlier today. What a great little game! Frustrating at times, but the gameplay was enjoyable and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Had a fair bit of fun. I know I have so many retail games to go through, but I'm honestly enjoying eshop offerings more than retail at this point!

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Beat Sakura Samurai earlier today. What a great little game! Frustrating at times, but the gameplay was enjoyable and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Had a fair bit of fun. I know I have so many retail games to go through, but I'm honestly enjoying eshop offerings more than retail at this point!

Loved that game. Hope we get a sequel like we are getting for Dillon's Rolling Western. 3DS eShop is a great platform for Nintendo to experiment with new franchises, and they've been doing a great job so far. Hope they can keep up that same momentum on the Wii U eShop.

Tenki

3DS save data transfer tool out in Japan next Wednesday

Nintendo’s 3DS save data transfer tool, first promised for Japan in January, has an official release date. The app will be ready for release as a free download from the eShop on March 27.

One simple function is included with the tool: the ability to move save data between 3DS retail games and digital copies. It’s a one-way transfer – data can’t be moved from a digital title to a retail release.

Nintendo warns users that the tool is intended to move – not duplicate – save data. Retail saves will be deleted once the process is completed. If a digital game already has data, it’ll be overwritten if the tool is used.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/support/savedatatransfer/index.html

http://nintendoeverything.com/116800/3ds-save-data-transfer-tool-out-in-japan-next-wednesday/

Just from the cart to the digital copy wtf. I have some digital titles and I wanted to buy the retail version as well, but this bothers me much.

donny2112

Just from the cart to the digital copy

Once you go digital, they don't want to ever let you go back...

The MH3U save transfer is supposed to allow you to go back and forth between 3DS and Wii U, but this would seem to be a different process, then. It seems like there'd be no technical limitation preventing it, so it really must be just a "We don't want you going back to cartridge after digital."

Fake Edit:
Hmm. After thinking about this for a bit, there could be a legitimate (in Nintendo's logic) reason for this. You can back up your SD card, including the save for the digital release. Therefore, you could back up your SD card, transfer to cartridge, restore SD card, transfer to another cartridge, etc., etc. Maybe they're just trying to prevent save duping that would be possible since the digital save can already be backed up.

enishi

http://nintendoeverything.com/116800/3ds-save-data-transfer-tool-out-in-japan-next-wednesday/

Just from the cart to the digital copy wtf. I have some digital titles and I wanted to buy the retail version as well, but this bothers me much.

Is it possible to get the big system update on 3DS next week alongside with this transfer tool?

I know I might think too much......

And Japan got Luigi Mansion 2 street pass puzzle yesterday.

Oddduck

At PAX, Ackkstudios told Destructoid that Two Brothers is coming to Wii U eShop this summer. Not bad. Between Duck Tales and Two Brothers, the eShop should be fun this summer.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In case you hadn't checked the thread on the promotion the get a free game promotion on club nintendo is now active.

M3d10n

The transfer tool took so long to make because it's a possible security risk: digital games saves are strongly encrypted and can't be tampered, but cartridge saves don't have such protection and can be modified with the correct tools. Nintendo needs to make sure the process doesn't become an attack vector. It also needs to be tested with all existing games (newer games will probably support the transfer by using a newer version of the SDK).

Hmm. After thinking about this for a bit, there could be a legitimate (in Nintendo's logic) reason for this. You can back up your SD card, including the save for the digital release. Therefore, you could back up your SD card, transfer to cartridge, restore SD card, transfer to another cartridge, etc., etc. Maybe they're just trying to prevent save duping that would be possible since the digital save can already be backed up.

Correct, this prevents save duping, which would be a problem with online games.

This means one thing however. You can erase Mercenaries saves off the cartridge (take that Capcom). Only problem is you need a digital version to do so...or will it possibly let us transfer despite not owning (if its like copying a save off the SD card on the Wii, you can't do it unless you've played the game on that system).

zigg

...or will it possibly let us transfer despite not owning (if its like copying a save off the SD card on the Wii, you can't do it unless you've played the game on that system).
Seems really unlikely. This is not a save archival tool; it's for people who want to dump their game cards and go digital.

Frankly, I'm kinda surprised this whole thing is desired in the first place. A save archival/backup tool would be more useful for me.

donny2112

Frankly, I'm kinda surprised this whole thing is desired in the first place.

For people who bought games before digital was an option (or changed their mind on the digital option, after-the-fact), who want to go digital and keep their save. MK7 digital was the poster child for this early on, I think. A game that was cartridge-only on release, is a mainstay at 3DS meetups, and is now available in digital form. The timing also fits with the NOA CN digital promotion for download games for SM3DL/StarFox 64 (assuming the tool is coming this week for U.S., too), which were only cartridge, at first.

M3d10n

Seems really unlikely. This is not a save archival tool; it's for people who want to dump their game cards and go digital.

Frankly, I'm kinda surprised this whole thing is desired in the first place. A save archival/backup tool would be more useful for me.

If you buy a bundle with a DD version of a game you already own, you can re-sell the cart and keep your save.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just realized something -- 50 Classic Games was originally a retail release back in November. The cartridge currently sells for $20 (can't determine what the original price was), but the eShop release is only $5.

That's a pretty steep drop in price.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I want it for Mario Kart 7 because I got a free digital copy of that with my XL though I'll probably keep the cart for multiplayer purposes.

Holy crap there's a shit load of stuff for PALand.

Stolen from that Go site said:
Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo) - €59.99/£49.99

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo) - €44.99/£39.99
HarmoKnight (Nintendo) - €14.99/£12.99
Save Data Transfer Tool (Nintendo) - Free
Fire Emblem Awakening Demo (Nintendo) - Free
Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) - €29.99/£24.99
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom) - €9.99/£8.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Ubisoft) - €19.99/£17.99
Heroes of Ruin (Square Enix) - €24.99/£19.99
Code of Princess (Agatsuma) - €29.99/£24.99
50 Classic Games (cerasus.media) - €4.99/£4.49
Harvest Moon (Natsume, VC) - €4.99/£4.49
The Beet Party: Unidentified Flying Waffle (Redrover, download video) - €0.99/£0.89

Special deals

escapeVektor (Nnooo) - €5.00/£4.49 (Normal €10.00/£8.99, ends April 11)

GRW810

Resident Evil Mercenaries for £9 is good, right? I've never seen it below a tenner even at retail.

EscapeVector is mine. Promised myself I would get it the moment a few quid was knocked off. Half price? It's mine.

Harmoknight demo hasn't completely won me over yet, might have to wait for a discount there as well.

tsab

It's not the same content, it's not the same game. Really, it's only the card games or something. It says so in the description

I stand corrected. I thought we were talking about the DS/DSi Classic Games published by Nintendo.

Top Bottom