• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

Chopper

I'd happily trade Game Gear support for Atari Lynx. In fact, I'd probably give you £100 right now for Chip's Challenge, California Games, Batman Returns and Bill and Ted.

Edit: I forgot Blue Lightning. £120, including Blue Lightning. That's my final offer.

MrDaravon

I can't believe I'm still asking this months later, after the game's SEQUEL is out in Europe but....what the hell is going on with epicross in the US? :(

serplux

I'd happily trade Game Gear support for Atari Lynx. In fact, I'd probably give you £100 right now for Chip's Challenge, California Games, Batman Returns and Bill and Ted.

Edit: I forgot Blue Lightning. £120, including Blue Lightning. That's my final offer.

I'd rather take Neo Geo Pocket/Color support. We need Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure.

zroid

Banned
If Nintendo can decide to publish a third party eShop game as random as Kersploosh! in North America, I'm SURE they can somehow manage to do the same for Picross-e. Unless Jupiter is tying it up, for some reason. I don't know whom to be mad at! :X

JavyOO7

Jupiter really sucks for not releasing it here. But so does NOA for not realizing that some of their fanbase wants the game to come to NA.

Chopper

If Nintendo can decide to publish a third party eShop game as random as Kersploosh! in North America, I'm SURE they can somehow manage to do the same for Picross-e. Unless Jupiter is tying it up, for some reason. I don't know whom to be mad at! :X
Serious question. What would it cost them?

GulAtiCa

Uhh...I don't know. :/ ESRB for digital titles is free and takes about 15 minutes (PEGI needs to catch up), they already have the dev kit...all they need to do is submit it to NoA, really.

Isn't that just for mobile/cell games? Handhelds still need to get full cert, I do believe.

@MUWANdo

Banned
To be fair, I don't think many people care about Game Gear stuff outside of Japan.

And Sega isn't awesome like Hudson was and just released everything anyway (memories of crazy good TG16 support on VC).

Sega's still OFLC-rating all these games, so they clearly plan to bring them out eventually, I just wonder why they stopped in the first place. NA didn't get a single GG game past those initial three, did it?

steveovig

I think it's mostly because NOA are totally inept at doing anything. Shouldn't the VC system be a lot like iTunes, with the ability to get almost any old games, within limits, at any given time? From what I can tell, the Japanese VC is a lot more like this. Shit, just give me a ton of them at once but I know I'm preaching to the choir on that front.

serplux

Sega's still OFLC-rating all these games, so they clearly plan to bring them out eventually, I just wonder why they stopped in the first place. NA didn't get a single GG game past those initial three, did it?

angry-maka-1.jpg

Yeah, about that...

Yeah, SEGA's paid a shitload to have a bunch of Game Gear VC games classified by the OFLC, but for whatever reason hasn't followed through by actually bothering to release them outside of Japan.

I mean, Master of Darkness was rated almost a full year ago and still isn't out.

I think it's mostly because NOA are totally inept at doing anything. Shouldn't the VC system be a lot like iTunes, with the ability to get almost any old games, within limits, at any given time? From what I can tell, the Japanese VC is a lot more like this. Shit, just give me a ton of them at once but I know I'm preaching to the choir on that front.

There's a lot of Nintendo's overall strategy with the 3DS eShop that makes little sense.

At first they wanted it to focus on handheld rereleases. GB/GBC/GG. Not long after they started adding Famicom games, which sorta defeats that "vision", but still seem pretty uninterested in extending it to SNES games or other consoles.

And if they want to have a handheld focus on 3DS VC, where are they GBA games? Yes, yes, Ambassador Program and all that. That was years ago now.

Sometimes they just feel like underachievers.

EDIT: Oh, and Sega? I'd really like those 3D Arcade Classics released outside of Japan.

serplux

In response to the news that the Wii U will have support HTML5 and Javascript, Acckstudios (Two Brothers, Project Y2K) said this:

"HTML5 and Javascript opens up a LOT of opportunities for rapid game design.... exciting times we live in! :D"

So good for Nintendo/indies.

steveovig

Nintendo, underachievers? Yea right! I maintain that Reggie needs to go. Hell, the whole damn company needs restructured. Reggie is funny and all for memes but man, is he a bummer.

BTW, what other 3D classics haven't come to the States?

backlot

Nintendo, underachievers? Yea right! I maintain that Reggie needs to go. Hell, the whole damn company needs restructured. Reggie is funny and all for memes but man, is he a bummer.

BTW, what other 3D classics haven't come to the States?

All the 3D Classics have been released in the US. They only made so many of them.

There's also Space Harrier...I don't think it's technically a "3D Classic" but that's basically what it is

Those are what I was referring to. Not a part of Nintendo's official (discontinued already?) line of 3D Classics, but Sega's arcade ports. Space Harrier, Super Hang-On being the first two.

Something happened with them for sure, last year when they had the summer of retro promotion, the Game Gear games that PAL has that aren't out on the NA eShop were meant to come to NA, they were announced and shown in the promo video but quietly disappeared for some reason.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Something happened with them for sure, last year when they had the summer of retro promotion, the Game Gear games that PAL has that aren't out on the NA eShop were meant to come to NA, they were announced and shown in the promo video but quietly disappeared for some reason.

I can only assume there's some bureaucratic reason for the delays and that they're just pushing them into different sales windows in order to make their expenditure seem more balanced or something.

If it I wanted to be really optimistic I'd say they temporarily diverted their energies so that they could ensure that all their Wii VC releases would be ready to go on Wii U the moment the VC arrives...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Some of the Game Gear titles have been recently rated from PEGI too, so they should be coming soon. Hopefully.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
In response to the news that the Wii U will have support HTML5 and Javascript, Acckstudios (Two Brothers, Project Y2K) said this:

So good for Nintendo/indies.
WebGL or bust.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I swear there's nothing good to download on 3Ds, i got pushmo which was good but I don't feel like playing another puzzle game, nothing else looks interesting.

serplux

I swear there's nothing good to download on 3Ds, i got pushmo which was good but I don't feel like playing another puzzle game, nothing else looks interesting.

Pick and choose, young sir:

Every title worth owning on the American eShop (NO PICROSS HERE DAMMIT):

Aero Porter
Art of Balance TOUCH!
ATV Wild Ride 3D
Bird Mania
Bloody Vampire
Bomb Monkey
Cave Story 3D
Coaster Creator 3D
Colors! 3D
Crashmo
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
Dot Runner: Complete
escapeVektor
Fluidity: Spin Cycle
Fractured Soul
Freakyforms: Your Creations Alive!
Gunman Clive
Ikachan
Kersploosh!
Ketzel's Corridors
Liberation Maiden
Marvel Pinball 3D
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Nano Assault EX
NightSky
Picdun 2: Witch's Curse
Planet Crashers
Pushmo
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave
Tokyo Crash Mobs
Unchained Blades
VVVVVV
Witch's Cat
Zen Pinball 3D

rjc571

Banned

Courtesy of Serplux:

Every title worth owning on the American eShop (NO PICROSS HERE DAMMIT):

Aero Porter
Art of Balance TOUCH!
ATV Wild Ride 3D
Bird Mania
Bloody Vampire
Bomb Monkey
Cave Story 3D
Coaster Creator 3D
Colors! 3D
Crashmo
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
escapeVektor
Fluidity: Spin Cycle
Fractured Soul
Freakyforms: Your Creations Alive!
Gunman Clive
Ikachan
Kersploosh!
Ketzel's Corridors
Liberation Maiden
Marvel Pinball 3D
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Nano Assault EX
NightSky
Picdun 2: Witch's Curse
Planet Crashers
Pushmo
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave
Tokyo Crash Mobs
Unchained Blades
VVVVVV
Witch's Cat
Zen Pinball 3D

A few of those are duds imo but the bulk of them are really good games.

Also this only includes 3DS eShop exclusives. There are also dozens of good DSiware, 3DS Virtual Console and 3D Classics games available.

Top Bottom