• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

TheMoon

Crossposting from the Wii U games thread where someone asked about what lies ahead.

Thought it might be a useful reminder for some people here, too. It certainly is for me since many of these games haven't been heard from in a while or might not have been heard of at all by some of you.

There are a ton. But you reminded me that I dropped the ball hard since I wanted to prepare a bunch of them for CS to add to the OP.

Here's a list:

Affordable Space Adventures (exclusive)
FAST Racing Neo (exclusive)
SYNC (exclusive)
Runbow (exclusive)
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (exclusive)
Swords & Soldiers II (exclusive)
Hex Heroes (exclusive)
Twisted Fusion (exclusive)

RIVE
Assault Android Cactus
Armikrog
Shantae Half-Genie Hero
Ninja Pizza Girl
Adventures of Pip
Hyper Light Drifter
format.8
Road Redemption
Giana Sisters 2
Dieselstörmers (Wii U version not 100% confirmed but the devs want to make one)
SteamWorld Heist
Hive Jump
Heart Forth Alicia
Mighty No.9
Another Castle
Candle
The 90s Arcade Racer
Nova-111
Izle
Dark Deception
Zombie Vikings (Wii U version hinted at but not really 100% confirmed)
The Legend of Lobodestroyo
Soul Saga
Hollow Knight
Midora
Imagine Me
Trine: Enchanted Edition
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut
The Castle Game
Sadness & Solitude
Ex Oblivione
Rex Rocket
The Deer God
Hover: Revolt of Gamers
Chromophore: Two Brothers Director's Cut
Dex
Red Goddess: Inner World
The Next Penelope
Frozen State
Y II K
A.N.N.E
Shütshimi
OlliOlli
Whoa Dave! Deluxe
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
Slender: The Arrival
Starwhal
The Swindle
Red Goddess: Inner World
Forced
Star Beast
Earthlock: Festival of Magic
Badland
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey New'n'Tasty
High Strangeness
Bizerta: Silent Evil
Forgotten Memories
Infinity Runner
Elliot Quest
Soul Axiom
Cryamore
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice
Aztez
ReVen
Nihilumbra
The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup
C-Wars
Anima: Gate of Memories
Dusty Raging Fist

Now there's a bunch of random games missing. A lot of those listed are kickstarter games so they're known to take forever to release, let alone get ported to all their stretch goal platforms and some have been MIA for a while or had far out 2016 dates anyway. Even with that in mind, there you have a sizable list of games lined up for release on the Wii U eShop at some point in time.

daydream

Banned
Yeah, I wonder how many of those will ever materialise. Not even talking about new KS games here but already released games where devs "expressed interest" in a WiiU version. Going from experience, ports are the most prone to being canceled, I feel.

Still, lots of excellent titles, both old and new, on the horizon.

wilflare

I feel your pain. Had to physically give up my system for a couple weeks to let my daughter play Ace Attorney 5. 😔

I wish Nintendo made this easier... but oh well :/
full digital is much better (definite coins for everything, no need to worry about games going out of print, etc)

maxcriden

In NA, the Wii U release schedule kinda barren with only Mario Party 10, which looks like a letdown

Tippin' Stars in March (eShop). Splatoon in May. I'm guessing Yoshi in June or July.

No reason to think MP10 will be a letdown IMO. I expect it'll be MP9 + HD + amiibo. MP9 was awesome and the car mechanic is really unfairly maligned IMO.

The wait for Assault Android Cactus is literally killing me. Aside from Assualt Android Cactus these are titles I'm very interested in.

Shantae Half-Genie Hero
SteamWorld Heist
Hollow Knight
Midora
The Next Penelope
Beat Buddy
OlliOlli
The Swindle
Hover: Revolt of Gamers
The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup

I'm also keeping my eye on these.

The Legend of Lobodestroyo
Canvaleon
Nefarious

That's from what I know, I have to go through that huge list about games I'm unfamiliar. I'm probably forgetting some games too, but I feel a good bit of these will make it to the system.

JoeM86

Oops. Apologies for delay

This week, in Europe

Wii U
OlliOlli €8.49 / £6.79 / CHF 11.79 until 19/03/2015. Regular price will be €9.99 / £7.99 Users who download the game on Wii U can download the Nintendo 3DS version for free, and vice versa, providing the systems are linked with the same Nintendo Network ID
BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION €2.99 / £2.69

Wii U Virtual Console
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll (NES) - US Version €4.99 / £3.49
Kung-Fu Heroes (NES) - US Version €4.99 / £3.49

3DS
OlliOlli €8.49 / £6.79 / CHF 11.79 until 19/03/2015. Regular price will be €9.99 / £7.99 Users who download the game on Wii U can download the Nintendo 3DS version for free, and vice versa, providing the systems are linked with the same Nintendo Network ID
Cooking Mama: Bon Appétit €29.99 / £24.99
Gardening Mama: Forest Friends €29.99 / £24.99
Best of Casual Games €24.99 / £19.99
Hollywood Fame: Hidden Object Adventure €24.99 / £19.99
Music on: Electric Guitar €1.99 / £1.89
League of Heroes €3.99 / £3.59
Proun+ €4.99 / £4.50 / CHF 7.10 until 19.03.2015 23:59 UTC. Regular price will be €5.99 / £5.39

3DS Add-On-Content
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Hills of Radiant Winds BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Into the Thick of It FMS Song Data (Square Enix) €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Battle with MagusBMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Beat Them Up! BMS Song Data (Square Enix) €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Apoplexy BMS Song Data (Square Enix) €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Assault BMS Song Data (Square Enix) €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40

=============
Price Reductions

Wii U
Master Reboot (Wales Interactive) €5.99 / £4.99 / CHF 8.40 until 01.04.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €11.99 / £9.99 / CHF 16.80
Tengami (Nyamyam) €3.99 / £3.49 / CHF 5.00 until 12.03.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €7.99 / £6.99 / CHF 10.00

3DS
WAKEDAS €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF 2.80 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €2.99 / £2.50 / CHF 4.20
Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF 2.80 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €4.00 / £3.60 / CHF 5.60
World Conqueror 3D €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF 5.60 until 26.03.2015, 23:59 UTC. Regular price €4.99 / £4.29 / CHF 7.00

Robin64

Just waiting patiently...

7Dc9K9S.png

Edit: GOD DAMN What the fuck is Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll and who the hell asked for that. I want names and addresses.

VegiHam

Nothing for me cus I have Oli Oli unplayed already elsewhere. That said, I love the launch discount and cross buy. Hope it becomes a trend.

Doczu

Gold Member
I recommend buying Master Reboot for Wii U if you're into weird horror/adventure games. It has a nice presentation, the story (which is told through memories, what you see and what you do) is great and the ending is satysfying. For 6 euro you can't go wrong.

TheMoon

I recommend buying Master Reboot for Wii U if you're into weird horror/adventure games. It has a nice presentation, the story (which is told through memories, what you see and what you do) is great and the ending is satysfying. For 6 euro you can't go wrong.

*cough* still not released in Germany *cough*

Ladekabel

Is the GameGear version Mean Bean Machine good? Or are there other PuyoPuyo-alternatives in the eShop?
Would get PuyoPuyo Tetris but damned be regionlock. :(

daydream

Banned
Is the GameGear version Mean Bean Machine good? Or are there other PuyoPuyo-alternatives in the eShop?
Would get PuyoPuyo Tetris but damned be regionlock. :(

Puyo Pop and/or Puyo Pop Fever are probably coming in the not-so-distant future so maybe wait for those.

Puyo Puyo 2 might be on the (Wii) Virtual Console. Well, so is Mean Bean Machine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Xenoblade will be available digitally on N3DS, right? I can't decide if I want to reserve the physical copy or go digital.

Also, are any of the current sale games on 3DS worth buying?

Ondore

Xenoblade 3DS will be available digitally, but it doesn't fit on the bundled microSD card - it's just under 4GB.

terrisus

OK great - thanks. Sorry to derail the thread for a moment! I'll order that one now.

I think I asked this in the last thread, but is there any negatives to going to the 64GB vs 32GB? I wasn't sure if the FAT32 format would have any impact on the card's interaction with the N3DSXL down the line. If not, that's what I'll get.

Hey, it's not a derail - this is the Nintendo Downloads thread, and you need a MicroSD card to be able to download stuff :þ

Anyway, I can't imagine there being any issue. I'd been using a 64GB SDXC card in my 3DS prior to this, and am using a 64GB MicroSDXC card in my n3DS now, and no issues at all. Just a bit of extra work to set up... but then, all that space! <3

TheMoon

Xenoblade will be available digitally on N3DS, right? I can't decide if I want to reserve the physical copy or go digital.

Also, are any of the current sale games on 3DS worth buying?

Every single first party game since NSMB2 in 2012 was available digitally. For future reference.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Every single first party game since NSMB2 in 2012 was available digitally. For future reference.

Awesome, thanks. I know Nintendo can be a bit weird with digital stuff...But given the way things are heading, digital seems to be the best option for me.

Refyref

OK great - thanks. Sorry to derail the thread for a moment! I'll order that one now.

I think I asked this in the last thread, but is there any negatives to going to the 64GB vs 32GB? I wasn't sure if the FAT32 format would have any impact on the card's interaction with the N3DSXL down the line. If not, that's what I'll get.

There should be no negatives at all, other than formatting being trickier.

TheMoon

Awesome, thanks. I know Nintendo can be a bit weird with digital stuff...But given the way things are heading, digital seems to be the best option for me.

There really isn't anything to be worried about. Even Activision is finally starting to get its act together and put a bunch of missing stuff up on the eShop finally. These days, pretty much everything is landing on the eShop, too. Exceptions are ultra rare. Can't even think of one right now (other than stuff missing from the days before retail games were on the eShop of course ...like Tales of the Abyss).

maxcriden

CN question for those who might know:

if I have a family account, will each account get its own Platinum gift, or will only the main account get a gift?

Thanks!

Top Bottom