• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

TheMoon

Thomas (playeveryware) said:
Elliot Quest Community

Hello everyone! The first patch is now live! If you update, the game will now support the Pro Controller, as well as the Wii Remote, Wii Remote and Nunchuk, and the Classic Controller. You can find additional information in the eManual.

Also, this patch fixes the issue for anyone who ran into the graphical corruption bug after using the Feather. We apologize for everyone who ran into to this.

We hope you enjoy! Let us know what you think about the additional controller support!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjM2F1QiA

TheMoon

When they moved us to Community, it basically became an "anything goes" thread.

Can we at least impose a rule to stick to Nintendo-related things, though? Randomly bringing up the ongoing sports events doesn't make any sense to me. Sorry for being all grumpy mcgrumperson aka king of nofunville.

zroid

Banned
sorry Mr. Moon, I only brought it up because FootyGAF was banned so the only way to make random off-hand comments about Football is in an unrelated thread :X

(and I knew terrisus would look here lol)

TheMoon

sorry Mr. Moon, I only brought it up because FootyGAF was banned so the only way to make random off-hand comments about Football is in an unrelated thread :X

(and I knew terrisus would look here lol)

wait they banned any talk of football? oO

(btw you could also use PMs^^)

Robin64

Used some of my Stars to nab Golden Sun. Remember being so impressed with the GBA running this back in the day. Even without that, though, it's still a decent little RPG. Never did get the sequels, I should look into that..

Wait, what..?

terrisus

They closed the FootyGAF thread and said it couldn't be re-opened for a number of months.

And, yeah, I mean, we mostly stick to Nintendo discussion here, of course.
And of course PMs exist.

But still, as a Liverpool fan, today sucked >.>

TheMoon

Used some of my Stars to nab Golden Sun. Remember being so impressed with the GBA running this back in the day. Even without that, though, it's still a decent little RPG. Never did get the sequels, I should look into that.

You really should! Golden Sun 1+2 are pretty much just one single big game.

TheMoon

Yeah, Golden Sun 1+2 together are amazing.

The main downside to doing them on VC is having to do the password transfer as opposed to the link cable transfer.

Real gamers grow a beard while entering that password. Seriously, who had a link cable and two GBAs anyway? :)

zroid

Banned
Yeah, Golden Sun 1+2 together are amazing.

The main downside to doing them on VC is having to do the password transfer as opposed to the link cable transfer.

At least you can take a screenshot and transcribe it directly instead of having to write it down. God that was a nightmare! :p

Real gamers grow a beard while entering that password. Seriously, who had a link cable and two GBAs anyway? :)

My friend did (well, the second one was his sister's). I was jelly as heck.

I was also jelly because he could easily trade Pokémon with himself. Yeah he's that guy.

Chopper

Poking through the CN rewards for one last go. I remember Fluidity: Spin Cycle being a bit controversial because twisting the 3DS around is awkward? Any thoughts on that? I really liked the original Fluidity.
I loved it. I did an OT, but it died cos no-one downloaded it. I didn't find rotating the console awkward at all. In fact I found the levels totally ingenius and very rewarding. Recommended.

sörine

Banned
anyone played Zombie Incident on the 3DS? any thoughts?
Pretty fun, mini-metroidvania, fantastic music. It's actually a MSX fangame that's been ported to 3DS and evidently the publisher (CoderChild) is interested in doing more MSX ports. Highly recommended.

wilflare

sörine;156963418 said:
Pretty fun, mini-metroidvania, fantastic music. It's actually a MSX fangame that's been ported to 3DS and evidently the publisher (CoderChild) is interested in doing more MSX ports. Highly recommended.

I'm sorry... but what's MSX? Metal Slug X?
ever since getting my Black new3DSXL, I've been really open to playing more 3DS games - it's fun to really start playing those games

terrisus

I'm sorry... but what's MSX?

hA64Twf.png

Ladekabel

There's in one logic mistake in this picture that always annoys me.
You don't need clothes with three hookers in your house.

____

Playing Okami HD on my PS3 makes me wonder why Capcom hasn't ported it to the Wii U. The drawing would be easier with the touchscreen of the gamepad.

Boogiepop

Okay guys, help me figure this out: I've got 765 coins on Club Nintendo right now. This is what I've narrowed things down to, and the coin values on them. I'm also mostly trying to figure out if I need to go for redeeming these now to get the coins for if I'll actually be able to get some use out of them, or if I should just wait for the rollover into where you can't redeem more coins but you can spend and the Platinum is announced (which I'm halfway worried about since I have a lot of stuff already and want to keep my options open on what I select from that)

Dr Luigi (300)
Grill off With Ultra Hand (80)
Star Tropics 2 (200)
Cubello (Wii) (200)
Fluidity (Wii) (250)
3D Classics Twinbee (150)
Kersploosh! (150)
3D Classics Xevious (200)
Ketzal’s Corridors (200)
Tokyo Crash Mobs (200)
Dillan’s Rolling Western Last Ranger (300)
Fluidity Spin Cycle (300)

(Ultra Hand is just in there for in case I need something small to balance out but I'm guessing I won't. Also, haven't played Star Tropics 1 or the first Dillan (I'm a lefty and heard it's essentially unplayable for me).

Any suggestions on how I should do this?

terrisus

There's in one logic mistake in this picture that always annoys me.
You don't need clothes with three hookers in your house.

You might if you want to be able to concentrate on playing video games :þ

The main issue is
pluralizing "GBAs" doesn't require an apostrophe

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still holding out on the very small chance there'll be a super special awesome reward for those who were Platinum most or all 7 years.

& considering DKCR 3D has been both a Platinum Reward & now a regular reward, I wonder if Tropical Freeze will be a Platinum reward this year as well.

foltzie1

Okay guys, help me figure this out: I've got 765 coins on Club Nintendo right now. This is what I've narrowed things down to, and the coin values on them. I'm also mostly trying to figure out if I need to go for redeeming these now to get the coins for if I'll actually be able to get some use out of them, or if I should just wait for the rollover into where you can't redeem more coins but you can spend and the Platinum is announced (which I'm halfway worried about since I have a lot of stuff already and want to keep my options open on what I select from that)

Dr Luigi (300)
Grill off With Ultra Hand (80)
Star Tropics 2 (200)
Cubello (Wii) (200)
Fluidity (Wii) (250)
3D Classics Twinbee (150)
Kersploosh! (150)
3D Classics Xevious (200)
Ketzal’s Corridors (200)
Tokyo Crash Mobs (200)
Dillan’s Rolling Western Last Ranger (300)
Fluidity Spin Cycle (300)

(Ultra Hand is just in there for in case I need something small to balance out but I'm guessing I won't. Also, haven't played Star Tropics 1 or the first Dillan (I'm a lefty and heard it's essentially unplayable for me).

Any suggestions on how I should do this?

Spend the coins now, the Plat rewards should be of nicer games (I hope).

From this list I tend to recommended Wii U and 3DS only titles since using Wii mode or DSi Ware is a pain. So Dr Luigi, 3D Classics, or Fludity Spin Cycle. Should get you to 750 easily and with extra points coming in you might get another title.

I went for Dillon myself, but I'm right handed, I cannot say about left handed issues.

foltzie1

You might if you want to be able to concentrate on playing video games :þ

The main issue is
pluralizing "GBAs" doesn't require an apostrophe

Plural apostrophe turns me into a raging lunatic. How does anyone think it makes sense?

Or you know, the buttons and dpad being reversed on the GBA SP's.

I have to assume both are intentional, the duo has a stellar writer and artist. They dont seem like they would leave that kind of mistake in.

Nairume

Banned
I have to assume both are intentional, the duo has a stellar writer and artist. They dont seem like they would leave that kind of mistake in.
Most likely thing that happened was probably just that he didn't notice that the GIS image he used as a base was reversed until after he had already drawn the image.

It's happened to him before.

foltzie1

notsureifserious.jpg

(Plus, that particular comic was from like a dozen years ago)

Most likely thing that happened was probably just that he didn't notice that the GIS image he used as a base was reversed until after he had already drawn the image.

It's happened to him before.

I was serious, but you both make good points.

FWIW I happen to think the PA guys have grown considerably through the years.

terrisus

He says while posting a sentence without any punctuation :D

Yup, as I've said elsewhere, despite it not being proper punctuation, if I end a sentence with an emoticon, I generally have that stand in place of a period, when that would otherwise be the punctuation mark at the end of the sentence :þ

I also sometimes leave a period off of the last sentence of a post - something my 8th-grade English teacher said she would deduct a full-letter grade from any time someone ended a paper without a punctuation mark

Top Bottom