• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

wilflare

Two new sales are live today in NA:

[3DS] Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay - $19.99 thru 4/27 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest - $19.99 thru 4/27 (was $29.99)

I checked out the prices for the Moon Chronicles DLC, but the sale isn't live yet. I guess something went up and the sale will go live at a later time.

was hoping for good news but oh well

Chrom

I figured this was weird, don't we get sales on thursdays? Why would the DLC be discounted on a different day? I'm still waiting for it to get discounted.

Sales can happen on any day of the week, hence my previous post about the Disney games going on sale today, but most typically do start on Thursdays. I find it a little odd that the Moon Chronicles DLC didn't just go on sale yesterday with the game itself.

GulAtiCa

Console up charge. And people will justify it by saying Wii U has off TV play.

As a Wii U dev, and more importantly a Wii U gamer, I really hope people don't accept this. Only way i accept this as fine if it literally has 1/3rd extra content and is exclusive to Wii U. If it comes to PC and price doesn't get upped, it will be real stupid.

At least I hope the new content area is exclusive. Then I start to feel better, slightly.

As a Wii U dev, and more importantly a Wii U gamer, I really hope people don't accept this. Only way i accept this as fine if it literally has 1/3rd extra content and is exclusive to Wii U. If it comes to PC and price doesn't get upped, it will be real stupid.

At least I hope the new content area is exclusive. Then I start to feel better, slightly.

I don't agree with it either. Off-TV play means nothing to me, so it better have something worthwhile to justify the increase in price. Like you said, if they want to increase the price by 30%, then they have to add at least 30% extra content, and not put that content in the PC version. This isn't the first time a game has come to the eShop and cost more than its origin or other platforms. The same thing happens with sales; games go on sale cheaper on Steam/PSN than on Wii U, and some developers that do this complain about Wii U sales. For example, I have used this before, but it is even better now. I just bought Cloudberry Kingdom on PS3 for $0.90. There is no way it would ever drop to $0.90 on Wii U. The last time it went on sale for Wii U it was $4.99.

On the positive side of game prices, I am happy to admit I was wrong about Puzzle and Dragons Z + Super Mario Edition not being a budget title. $30 is definitely an excellent price for the games, and I will pay the $35 Canadian when it comes out.

jholmes

The same thing happens with sales; games go on sale cheaper on Steam/PSN than on Wii U, and some developers that do this complain about Wii U sales. For example, I have used this before, but it is even better now. I just bought Cloudberry Kingdom on PS3 for $0.90. There is no way it would ever drop to $0.90 on Wii U. The last time it went on sale for Wii U it was $4.99.

I like that your off-hand example of a dev whining about sabotaging its own sales on Wii U was Ubisoft. I mean, how could it not be.

As an aside I know it ain't Nintendo downloads but any of you guys with a PS3 should buy up some of these games this weekend. Phenomenal deals.

wilflare

Anyone bought stuff from Amazon JP and used Tenso before? I bought a high capacity battery (for the WiiU) which Tenso can't ship back... so I have no idea what to do or how Amazon JP return policy is like

Does anybody know the extent of the extra content in Elliot Quest?

The price jump over the PC version just makes me want to wait for a sale price instead of buying it day one like I planned.

cacildo

Well, they can use the excuse that the smller WiiU user base creates the need of a bigger profit margin per game sold....

However i feel the eshop is so active that this excuse fails kinda short... you have a very active user base made of core nintendo fans, miiverse that promotes new games every week, the eshop itself is very good on promoting new games and sales...

If games were cheaper i would buy i lot more of em. Im mean, except Cloudberry Kingdom. I have no reason in my life to play another 2d plaformer, specially a "super hard" 2d platformer

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone tried Iron Combat yet? One place gave it a "C" while another gave it a 8/10. Kind of waiting to hear NintendoLife's opinion, but was wondering if anyone here played it yet.

Maybe it'll be on sale for about $4 down the line.

Anyone tried Iron Combat yet? One place gave it a "C" while another gave it a 8/10. Kind of waiting to hear NintendoLife's opinion, but was wondering if anyone here played it yet.
Maybe it'll be on sale for about $4 down the line.
You'll probably have better luck looking for its Japanese name, Rinkou no Lantse. There's even a thread right here on GAF about it by rjc571, who said this a couple of pages back in this thread:
Rinkou no Lantse (Zone of the Enders-esque mech combat game) is being localized as Iron Combat: War in the Air. Comes out March 19 for $7. It's insanely challenging but a good game nonetheless. Well worth it for fans of mech combat games.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bringing_mech_battle_mayhem_to_the_3ds_eshop
It looks like a cool game and he seems to like it quite a bit, so it's probably good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You'll probably have better luck looking for its Japanese name, Rinkou no Lantse. There's even a thread right here on GAF about it by rjc571, who said this a couple of pages back in this thread:

It looks like a cool game and he seems to like it quite a bit, so it's probably good.
Hmm, interesting. Kind of got a few games at the moment for my 3DS & Vita (that flash sale on PSN with MMX4 & Klonoa didn't help), but it seems like it might be up my alley.

GulAtiCa

To be fair to Cloudberry Kingdom, Nintendo has a policy that makes it very very hard to go above 50% sale. Anything above 50% (like trying to do a 0.99 sale of a 9.99 game) will greatly reduce any sort of profit. (actually a $1.49 sale of a $9.99 game will earn no money). I've actually mentioned this before. So when it comes to stuff like this, you actually can directly blame NCL policies. Blaming a dev/pub in this case would be like "shooting the messenger" basically.

TheMoon

To be fair to Cloudberry Kingdom, Nintendo has a policy that makes it very very hard to go above 50% sale. Anything above 50% (like trying to do a 0.99 sale of a 9.99 game) will greatly reduce any sort of profit. (actually a $1.49 sale of a $9.99 game will earn no money). I've actually mentioned this before. So when it comes to stuff like this, you actually can directly blame NCL policies. Blaming a dev/pub in this case would be like "shooting the messenger" basically.

If you're ubisoft and are selling your 9.99 game for 0.99 you're not looking for profit.

GulAtiCa

If you're ubisoft and are selling your 9.99 game for 0.99 you're not looking for profit.

Trust me, if you do a crazy sale like that, you will get a LOT of of downloads. To the point that it will generate tons and tons of revenue. Why do you think Steam crazy sales get so much attentions and dls?

I know from experience recently too. I did a $0.69 sale of my normal $1.99 game, and it generated more downloads in that 2 week period than total downloads in Q3 or Q4. While a $0.69 doesn't earn me much per download, that crazy amount combined that 2 week period did see quite a good bit of revenue.

So people that see a > 50% sale go nuts, esp once it gets like $0.99 from a $15 game/etc.

zroid

Banned
How do I take a screenshot in N3DS? And is there any account system I need to configure?

basically you need to make a Miiverse post from your 3DS. then you can retrieve the image from http://miiverse.nintendo.net

SOME games allow you to save screenshots to the SD card; then you can upload them directly to a image host from the 3DS browser. I think the N3DS also has some kind of wireless network sharing thing but you might know more about that than me. :lol (I don't have a N3DS yet)

wilflare

basically you need to make a Miiverse post from your 3DS. then you can retrieve the image from http://miiverse.nintendo.net

SOME games allow you to save screenshots to the SD card; then you can upload them directly to a image host from the 3DS browser. I think the N3DS also has some kind of wireless network sharing thing but you might know more about that than me. :lol (I don't have a N3DS yet)

I wish Nintendo could standardise this process with a firmware update or something. argh

Kssio_Aug

Thanks! I'll try that!

Also, I'm playing Zelda OoT for the 1st time ever! I'm loving the game! Just reached Dodongo's Cavern, am trying to do everything without a walkthrough so sometimes I get a little bit stucked figuring out where to go or what exactly to do. But that's indeed an amazing game, that kind of pleasant adventure that I dont play in years!

cacildo

Trust me, if you do a crazy sale like that, you will get a LOT of of downloads. To the point that it will generate tons and tons of revenue. Why do you think Steam crazy sales get so much attentions and dls?

I know from experience recently too. I did a $0.69 sale of my normal $1.99 game, and it generated more downloads in that 2 week period than total downloads in Q3 or Q4. While a $0.69 doesn't earn me much per download, that crazy amount combined that 2 week period did see quite a good bit of revenue.

So people that see a > 50% sale go nuts, esp once it gets like $0.99 from a $15 game/etc.

Theres also the fact that when you put your game on sale - no matter what the discount is - it keeps on the sales page of the eshop. Which i suspect is the most popular page on the eshop.

Thats probably the reason why Luv Me Buddies wonderland and Fit Music are always on sale

TheMoon

The worst thing is that the game is out in Japan for more than a year. I hoped that this was a good sign but that's not the case. I guess I should be okay at the end of Wii U's life...

Until S-E starts giving a fuck with anything VC related over here, there's no point in waiting for anything. I think they'll just be sitting this gen out.

Qurupeke

Until S-E starts giving a fuck with anything VC related over here, there's no point in waiting for anything. I think they'll just be sitting this gen out.

Awful. :/ And there are so many SE games I want to replay on Wii U like Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger. I don't even understand why they're doing that.

terrisus

You guys do remember that they sat out the Wii VC for years and years, right?

I honestly didn't pay much attention to the Wii VC.
I got some Neo Geo games and some Arcade games on it, but other than that, none of the games really offered me much that I didn't already have.

Robin64

Dug out all my printed Club Nintendo codes from various games cases and did the survey for digital titles. Went from 950 stars to 9350 stars. Oh man. Now to figure out what to buy! I have most of these games.. Perhaps a Mario hat?

zigg

Poking through the CN rewards for one last go. I remember Fluidity: Spin Cycle being a bit controversial because twisting the 3DS around is awkward? Any thoughts on that? I really liked the original Fluidity.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Poking through the CN rewards for one last go. I remember Fluidity: Spin Cycle being a bit controversial because twisting the 3DS around is awkward? Any thoughts on that? I really liked the original Fluidity.

I grabbed that. Only played 4 levels so far just to try it, and it wasn't bad. I think it depends on if it gets frantic later on, I could see some of the full rotation levels being kind of annoying.

rjc571

Banned

Why don't you just try rotating your 3DS around in a circle and see if you have any trouble?

Top Bottom