• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Indie Direct Tomorrow 1pm EST

93xfan

Banned
Been a Nintendo fan for a long time, and I haven’t seen them test my patience like this before. Then again I did skip the WiiU.

Either way, we are nearing a 7 month gap between general directs. That’s very frustrating. Normally I go in with a positive attitude, but I don’t feel I will be as charitable this time.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a new general direct before the indie direct. I’ve really been disappointed by indie games lately. I’m glad they’re there for people that like them, but I’m really tired of the standard indie game. It’s either a rogue-like-pixel-art-metroidvania, or visual-novel-with-twist.
I guess that’s a good thing about Nintendo. They’ve got indie games and bigger ones. Hopefully I’ll get my general direct after indie fans get theirs.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
If you believe the rumors about there being two Directs in March, then you just saw the confirmation of its validity. I know it's frustrating how silent Nintendo has been about 2020, but there's absolutely no way we're not getting more info soon. They don't have anything scheduled for the rest of the year, if they had a couple of games there I'd be more worried.

Considering the state of Japan and that Nintendo is 100% working from home in America, I'm going to doubt there's going to be a Direct anytime soon. In fact I would bet that any new games might be internally delayed to much later this year and into 2021. So I hope you like Animal Crossing, it might be it for a while.

Considering the state of Japan and that Nintendo is 100% working from home in America, I'm going to doubt there's going to be a Direct anytime soon. In fact I would bet that any new games might be internally delayed to much later this year and into 2021. So I hope you like Animal Crossing, it might be it for a while.

We'll see. You're countering rumor with speculation so it's not like either of us has any solid ground here. I honestly doubt Ninty doesn't have anything for the rest of 2020, coronavirus or not.

Eevee86

People acting like the games that are going to be announced were going to come out within the next week or something.

KàIRóS

I hope they announce:

New info on Rune Factory 5

Bayonetta 3 gameplay

Xenoblade Chronicles DE gameplay

New free SNES & NES games for nintendo switch online service

New Smash characters info

New info on BOTW2

and hopefully something about Metroid Prime 4

Edit: Oh wait it's indies only? then nvm.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope they announce:

Bayonetta 3 gameplay

New info on BOTW2

Shin Megami Tensei V

No More Heros 3

No More Heros 1&2 port

Ace Attorney Investigations 2/Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1&2 Switch port

Last edited:

DilWSTS

I hope they announce:

Bayonetta 3 gameplay

New info on BOTW2

Edit: Oh wait it's indies only? then nvm.

lol they dont sound like indies...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So I hope you like Animal Crossing, it might be it for a while.

3pnStKe.gif

Zannegan

Gold Member
People acting like the games that are going to be announced were going to come out within the next week or something.
Well, for indie games... yeah. And even on a main direct. I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo announced something for May or even late April. Summer games are certainly on the table.

Of course, I'm not betting on it. I know better than that. Every time someone says something like, "They've just gotta..." or "It's the only thing that makes sense..." in regards to Nintendo, I just shake my head. Nintendo is crazy in all the best and all the worst ways.

2020 very well could be a big, barren release desert. I wouldn't bet on that either though. =P

Eevee86

Well, for indie games... yeah. And even on a main direct. I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo announced something for May or even late April. Summer games are certainly on the table.

Of course, I'm not betting on it. I know better than that. Every time someone says something like, "They've just gotta..." or "It's the only thing that makes sense..." in regards to Nintendo, I just shake my head. Nintendo is crazy in all the best and all the worst ways.

2020 very well could be a big, barren release desert. I wouldn't bet on that either though. =P
I'm talking about the people upset that the general direct isn't first. A week isn't going to matter for those games. I cant see then shadow dropping anything huge right after Animal Crossing.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Super Meat Boy Forever finally, maybe?

Zannegan

Gold Member
I'm talking about the people upset that the general direct isn't first. A week isn't going to matter for those games. I cant see then shadow dropping anything huge right after Animal Crossing.
Ah, I see what you're getting at. Makes sense.

I think the anxiety comes from people not being certain that there WILL be another Direct a week later. They're afraid this one might take its slot, which is also silly because Nintendo either has something to show or it doesn't, this one coming first won't make a difference.

Eevee86

Ah, I see what you're getting at. Makes sense.

I think the anxiety comes from people not being certain that there WILL be another Direct a week later. They're afraid this one might take its slot, which is also silly because Nintendo either has something to show or it doesn't, this one coming first won't make a difference.
I'm not too worried. Even in the worst times of the Wii U they were still putting out stuff. Do people think most of their devs went into hibernation or something? Itll be weird if we don't get it before the end of March, but we cant be too far away from one.

Zannegan

Gold Member
I'm not too worried. Even in the worst times of the Wii U they were still putting out stuff. Do people think most of their devs went into hibernation or something? Itll be weird if we don't get it before the end of March, but we cant be too far away from one.
Let's hope you're right. I'll never forget the magic of that first January Direct with Xenoblade Chronicles.

What an awesome surprise, and what a game. Those GIFs still make me happy, lol.

Eevee86

Let's hope you're right. I'll never forget the magic of that first January Direct with Xenoblade Chronicles.

What an awesome surprise, and what a game. Those GIFs still make me happy, lol.
For all we know, maybe they're just waiting on Sakurai to get a reveal trailer ready.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
With their online and eshop down, that's going to ruin a lot of people's Animal Crossing plans this week.

Hopefully they announce something cool that's available today, and fix this problem so we can play it.

Top Bottom