• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Reps at Eurogamer Expo claiming 'Wii U 19x more powerful than PS3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSJ3 confirmed.

android19decapitatedhhbr3c.jpg

lol no. Assuming this isn't just PR people joking around with that specific a number(it probably is them fucking around), I wonder what measurement they could possibly use to get that

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think the Nintendo rep was a bit of a wind-up merchant, and taking the mick out of this guys need to compare them. It's a little more subtly sarcastic than saying 'eleventy billion times more powerful', but I think they were being sarcastic nonetheless.

Or, they missed a decimal place :p

Absinthe

Except it's highly doubtful that it actually happened. Why 19 times? We know it's not true... I call BS on the article.

Reading the whole article, it was pretty balanced. I would call BS if the rest of the article went off and defended that number. It doesn't.

Perkel

Banned
Wii U is 19x more powerful than Playstation 3

Wii U exclusive games looks like 1,2 of Playstation 3 multiplatform games.

Therefor Playstation 3 has power of 16 Playstation 3.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Why the surprise?
Isn't the company called Nineteendo?

Come to think of it if he was indeed being sarcastic and joking, "19" would be the type of number I'd say for the joke, know what I mean? Probably just sarcasm and Eurogamer took it out of context for the clicks.

Are these the same Nintendo reps that Nintendo has at E3 that say made up things like confirming a game is in development when they have no clue.

I was trying to come up with other numbers that sound like "nineteen" that the author could have mistakenly heard and can up with "ninety" and "nine tenths."

So Wii U is 0.9x, 19x, or 90x as powerful as current gen.

Why the surprise?
Isn't the company called Nineteendo?

Somebody get this man a medal.

I'd think 19 times more powerfull than the Wii would be a stretch...maybe PS2?

I give it a day before NOE deny the rep ever worked for them.

19X more powerful energy-consumingwise maybe.
I wonder if Greenpeace will have a field day in their company reviews (4000 watts can't be good) or they'll go for the usual "you didn't do our homework tell us everything about how your factories work: 0/10"

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Because there is no difference between 720p and 1080p to viewer.

What? Are your serious with that statement? You would have to be blind not to see the difference..

On a side note I wasted money on a blu-ray player and tons of movies in that case..

I should clarify a standard 32inch 1080p tv would require the user to sit 4 feet from tv to see the difference, and 6 foot for 720p. Again you can tell the difference but I get what your saying..

Most of us sit 8-10 back so the 1080p may be be irrelevant except sharper/cleaner images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom