• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That reads like something you'd expect from a magazine in the early naughties when we didn't have easy access to almost every game trailer. No wonder gaming mags are on their last legs.

LordKano

I'll quote what I said in the other thread :
Overractions here are why Switch rumors should stay on a single thread where people actually read them. It's like every one on this thread read neither the article, neither the thread's title and are imagining that there is a rumor saying that the game will be delayed in Europe, while it's not the case.

"If this is true". Like a lot of people here said, if this is true then what ? It would mean that the european release date of Zelda is not locked yet, and that's it. Nowhere in the article the author said that the game would be delayed, because he has no way to know. The only thing it means is that, right now, NoE has several options, and the most likely one (again, it was stated in the article if you guys read it) is that NoE will double-down on the resources to release Zelda in time.

This article is almost non-news. The only thing you could gather from it is an explanation about why there are conflictuals reports about Zelda's release date.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Stands out is too much, but this part is pretty dramatic:

"The camera then pans to an area that has been left in ruin. Puddles of the dark magic substance have formed. Link overlooks the devastation from a ledge - a mysterious sparkling force surrounds him. The trailer ends with Link sitting on the ground looking defeated, and what looks like Zelda standing next to him with a close-up of her clenching fist."

The end.

That's not even accurate.

Link's not sitting at the end, he's kneeling.

"The camera then pans to an area that has been left in ruin. Puddles of the dark magic substance have formed. Link overlooks the devastation from a ledge - a mysterious sparkling force surrounds him. The trailer ends with Link sitting on the ground looking defeated, and what looks like Zelda standing next to him with a close-up of her clenching fist."

The end.

Good lord that's quality journalism.

I know a ton of people want to paint a picture of doom and gloom for the Switch, but I just want to take a moment to appreciate what we "should" be getting:

- A "hybrid" console that is significantly more powerful than the Wii-U
- Non-proprietary tech (bluetooth, Micro SD, USB C)
- Zelda: BoTW, Splatoon and possibly a 3D Mario game on launch day!
- Gamecube Virutual Console games!
- A mainline Pokemon game that you can play on your TV!

I don't expect everyone to want a Switch on day one, but I'll be damned if this stuff isn't blowing me away right now. I feel damn cynical for just accepting that I know this stuff is coming and focusing on the "what else?". I definitely don't blame the people who want more, especially if some of those games aren't really for you, but for me that all sounds amazing.

TLZ

Banned

The end.

Thank you, NateDrake :/

Matbtz

The end.
This seems like a great article yep... Did he just said Link looks defeated while he is surely kneeling ?
I'll quote what I said in the other thread :

Thanks, finally some sense.

Just got a confirmation back from Europe customer service that my place at the Switch event in London is confirmed! Woo :D

(For those of you who also won and are waiting on confirmation emails, I contacted them to confirm, this was not an automated email)

NSESN

Please let's not got in the "Treehouse is bad" rabbit hole again.

I don't know why european people can't play the game at launch in english and then wait for a more quality translation in their native language. My country isn't even supported by nintendo, and the only one that is supported that speaks the same Language, Portugal, is in another continent and too small to have a translation.

STGHMAAV

Banned

I don't know why european people can't play the game at launch in english and then wait for a more quality translation in their native language. My country isn't even supported by nintendo, and the only one that is supported that speaks the same Language, Portugal, is in another continent and too small to have a translation.

The thing is, since long ago, Nintendo doesn't release/distribute non-Multi5 games in Europe, except extremely rare cases that for now i can't think of any example, changing one of the best things of NoE with such a big game as Zelda BotW will annoy "non-English countries" like mine, Spain, releasing on it a Zelda game with no spanish to be seen. In fact, lately Microsoft doesn't localize at 100% their games in Spanish, and it's one of the things Microsoft is more crticized more nowadays.

edit: To give you an example, KH 3D was going to be distributed by Nintendo, but after Square-Enix announced that it won't include Spanish (and other languages) Nintendo Spain refused to distribute the game.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the smash prediction thread got me thinking. I would imagine that if 8-player smash is still in the Switch version, all stages should be able to be played. It would certainly make the mode a lot better as far as stage selection goes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh yeah, 8-player Smash...

My dream addition would be to disable it for Classic mode.

Heck, just replace the Wii U's version with the 3DS version's. Was so much better.

pronk420

So there was a competition to win entry to the Switch preview event in the UK the weekend after the announcement. Just got an email from them this morning and almost didn't read it since I thought it was just another nintendo newsletter. Turns out I have a place at the hands on event the day after the reveal.

I had assumed I hadn't won since it has been a while since it closed, probably worth checking your email if you did enter.

-shadow-

It's not that wasteful, but it's necessary :p

While I don't mind it that much in TFH because the game is already completely silly to begin with (it's still stupid though). But the job the Treehouse did on Fates I'll never forgive. What a mess...

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

because a lot of people in these countries don't speak english at all. Hell, I had people leave classes at the university because it was in english only and they did not know how to speak it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So NoE tweeted again the announcement for the Switch event and linked to the old site made in October. I hoped they will do a bit more of a build up for the event.

I work in tech, but I really don't understand the fascination with specs here. I get that some people just genuinely enjoying talking/speculating about that kind of thing, but that's it. For those that don't understand this stuff, it always seems to get blown out of proportion.

Will the Switch be capable of running games at or above what we had on Wii-U? That's literally all I care about. From what we know, that's a definite so I'm all good. That being said, I also have a PS4/Xbox and plan on getting Scorpio later this year so I don't want/need Switch to be my "only" system.

I work in tech, but I really don't understand the fascination with specs here. I get that some people just genuinely enjoying talking/speculating about that kind of thing, but that's it. For those that don't understand this stuff, it always seems to get blown out of proportion.

Will the Switch be capable of running games at or above what we had on Wii-U? That's literally all I care about. That being said, I also have a PS4/Xbox and plan on getting Scorpio later this year so I don't want/need Switch to be my "only" system.

Its a THING with portables

You want the most bang for buck engineering to reduce heat and maximize battery life so specs kind of matter in that respect to me

So NoE tweeted again the announcement for the Switch event and linked to the old site made in October. I hoped they will do a bit more of a build up for the event.

Yeah I saw that as well. It looks like that link will be used to watch the presentation but it won't be updated until just before the event starts.

I wonder if there'll be translations specific to streams, otherwise I might as well just watch the YT stream on their Japanese channel.

Edit: Oh, so the stream will be English? That's weird since it's for Japanese press/investors but it works for me.

I simply refuse to believe that Zelda wouldn´t be a world-wide launch. The game was supposed to come out 2 years ago. And now they don´t have the time to translate the fucking game. Nah man. Nah.

And fuck importing, waiting a week+ and then maybe even paying import taxes? Nah.

As far as i´m concerned eurogamer simply doesn´t have the right source at Noe. The person they have isn´t sure about the release.

I will kill a dolphin if it´s true.

giphy.gif

It's unfounded speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom