• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel bad for everyone looking forward to scalebound. Always sad when a game is cancelled. Though since the IP is from MS, i don't know why people are asking for nintendo to save it. And if kamiya is stressed because of the project, i don't think we will se anything from him in a while.

antonz

Does bestbuy do a full charge on your card when you preorder a console? I have $125 in bb giftcards.

Best Buy typically does a Check against your card for the funds that can be problematic in that for a day or two it can lock your funds up. The problem is they have on occasion done these checks at random intervals on people.

So you need to be sure you can handle sudden checks on your card etc. Pretty much only reason I have a Best Buy Store Card. Have never used it once since I got it but will put Switch on it. They can check it as much as they want

Net

I really feel bad for everyone looking forward to scalebound. Always sad when a game is cancelled. Though since the IP is from MS, i don't know why people are asking for nintendo to save it. And if kamiya is stressed because of the project, i don't think we will se anything from him in a while.

He could take a producer role with Hashimoto returning as director.

-Horizon-

Obe1s sources already confirmed you won't hear the snap sound lol

Not like this.

NOT LIKE THIS.

RjIwUJi.gif

Oersted

After today's events I crave a Bayonetta 3 announcement now more than ever.

Todays events do show that power isn't everything. Microsoft is going to have very soon the most powerful console, while their lineup of exclusives.... lets say it could be better.

Nintendos output for Switch first year is going to be much bigger.

Does bestbuy do a full charge on your card when you preorder a console? I have $125 in bb giftcards.

They do a temporary hold on your account, which should last a few days. Once the pre-authorization period is over, the charge will reverse until the day your order ships....in most cases. Sometimes they'll randomly hold the funds again for a few days at a time. Make sure you have enough funds in your account (if using debit) or credit at all times or your pre-order could be cancelled.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
My dream lineup would be:

New Mario

Zelda

Retro New IP or 2d Metroid

Waverace or F zero. I've had enough Mario kart and we need games that actually look pretty at launch :p

For the fall:

Drought like all Nintendo systems :/

It was fucking Kamiyas dream project and it got shitted on. Thats what pissing me off! Only Bayonetta 3 can relieve me of this particular feeling.

If what's being talked about in that thread are true..then oh boy is this going to be interesting and extremely nasty. I think Kamiya's next project is going to be one every wants since I think he's going to be out to prove certain people wrong.

Net

I was a Scalebound hype train casualty

Good time for Nintendo to grab the gaming industry by the throat IMO
I'll be honest Nier Automata is the Platinum game I want the most, and if it does not receive a Switch port, I will be forced to purchase (another) PS4.

But Kamiya is my favorite gaming personality and this news is just devastating. He deserves better.

Todays events do show that power isn't everything. Microsoft is going to have very soon the most powerful console, while their lineup of exclusives.... lets say it could be better.

Nintendos output for Switch first year is going to be much bigger.

To be honest i always want all three of them to succeed. So it's sad to see the project not panning out. I hope that kamiya also doesn't lose interest in making games because of this.

maxcriden

Friday will have pre-orders starting once the store opens. There should be a list for those who want to be added so a store can contact you if more pre-order spots open up. Each store has a different set for allocation. A trade-in promo will be announced this week where you can trade-in Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One towards Switch - specifics I don't know.

I worked as a GS store manager and still have friends within the company. This information I heard earlier today from district and store managers.

Friday will have pre-orders starting once the store opens. There should be a list for those who want to be added so a store can contact you if more pre-order spots open up. Each store has a different set for allocation. A trade-in promo will be announced this week where you can trade-in Wii U, PS4, and Xbox One towards Switch - specifics I don't know.

I worked as a GS store manager and still have friends within the company. This information I heard earlier today from district and store managers.

Leak has me nervous so I'm heading down to Gamestop Friday morning and trying Amazon Thursday night if they open orders.

Thanks all, that is an immense help. Thanks especially Nate for the detailed lowdown! It's great to have a confirmed idea of what to expect.

I'll be wide awake! I pity the poor soul on whom I get to operate next morning.

Nurse: "great job on the appendectomy, doc"
Me: *throws gallbladder in the trash bin, shuffles away in a hurry*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom