• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunonabi

in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3= What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

4= Almost perfect, new games, fair price, exciting hardware, I am sold.

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you

1.5 for me. Awful hardware, good price, decent software but not enough to get me to buy one before a cheaper revision.

Anyone else not watching the Switch presentation on Thursday because it's at 11 PM? I'm usually asleep during that time.

Coming home right after work and taking a long nap so that I can be ready for the presentation.

Also taking lunch early in the morning to go pre-order at GameStop (or be disappointed that I can't pre-order but I doubt it).

AdanVC

Anyone else not watching the Switch presentation on Thursday because it's at 11 PM? I'm usually asleep during that time.

I usually go to sleep at 3 or 4 am daily so no problem at all to me! Presentation will start at 10pm over here. Perfect time to watch the presentation, see GAF's meltdown and perhaps preorder the system on Amazon, all before heading to bed. Thursday is gonna be madness.

rewkol

12 AM for me, I'm usually going to sleep at that time but will stay up anyway. We've waited so long for this that I feel like sleeping through it when I could easily stay awake to watch it would be a waste.

Friday though, Treehouse starts right when I need to leave for class. That sucks.

neoemonk

If I fall asleep early the night of the Switch presentation I'll just get up at like 4 AM because my brain will be too excited to sleep in. It's better if I just power through.

Kinsei

Banned

It's 12AM for me but I'm still watching. I've intentionally fucked up my sleeping schedule so that I'll be waking up around 8-9PM just a few hours before it starts.

Kikorin

Will be 5am in Italy but I waited to much for this to don't be awake, even if the day after I'll have to work.

I don't care, too much hype.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
lol Gamestop just accidently confirmed Skyrim and Pokemon for switch then stealth deleted it.

“Nintendo Switch games will include new title offerings from Mario, Splatoon, Zelda, the NBA and more! You will even be able to play Skyrim on the go, or Pokemon at home with the Nintendo Switch. The unit will also include a number of handy, interchangeable Nintendo Switch accessories.”

That sounds like it was written after someone watched the trailer and also based on guesswork, rather than information supplied from Nintendo to them.

I should probably be trying to sleep by 11pm for work the next morning but fuck that. These rarely come around. 1 hour for the event and 1 hour to read people's reactions should be enough.

Akhe

pQFDMWc.gif

More like this one:

giphy.gif

AzaK

in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=
What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

I'm expecting an average of 1.5. Some more positives like some software we didn't know about, but mediocre hardware (For a console which is all I care about). I expect Nintendo's typically bland and passable UI design and generally lacking feature set (Small storage space, lack of customisation etc). I don't think Nintendo's capable of making a machine that impresses me enough to want to go out and buy one straight away.

AdanVC

My uncle who works as a janitor at NoA just send me this. The new Mario power up in the new 3D Mario game.

C1xMDvYUQAAcOA_.jpg

It's from an actual taco shop or taqueria here in Mexico, LOL!

I worked a longer shift today and will continue to work longer shifts each day this week so that I may hit 40 hours before Friday. That way I can come home and enjoy the conference, preorder a system, and watch Treehouse all day Friday while playing Color Splash. We get big gaming events like this like twice a year and it's rarely so NINTENDO FOCUSED so I don't feel too bad about soakin' it in.

J@hranimo

Banned
I worked a longer shift today and will continue to work longer shifts each day this week so that I may hit 40 hours before Friday. That way I can come home and enjoy the conference, preorder a system, and watch Treehouse all day Friday while playing Color Splash. We get big gaming events like this like twice a year and it's rarely so NINTENDO FOCUSED so I don't feel too bad about soakin' it in.

You got your priorities straight!

hatchx

Banned

3=

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

A full fucking 5.

giphy.gif

10pm and no obligation to work on Friday. I'm set. Plus, since nobody wants to watch it with me, they have no power to interrupt me, either.

My uncle who works as a janitor at NoA just send me this. The new Mario power up in the new 3D Mario game.

C1xMDvYUQAAcOA_.jpg

It's from an actual taco shop or taqueria here in Mexico, LOL!

Ha, that's funny.

Rodin

3=

3-4

jmizzal

I was a Scalebound hype train casualty

Good time for Nintendo to grab the gaming industry by the throat IMO

It seems like MS cancel a lot of games thats announced and they have been showing off.

When was the last time Nintendo canceled a game they showed off multiple times?

I know they canceled a few shown off games but that was years ago, Project Hammer, Cosmic Walker but that was just a short clip.

Not that I particularly care about the game due to the direction they took, but what do we think the chances are of Resident Evil 7 getting a Switch version?

hayejin

When is the eta for online pre-orders to open?

After the conference on 12th 11 PM EST? Or the next morning?

Has online pre-orders for any consoles open up late the evening?

antonz

When is the eta for online pre-orders to open?

After the conference on 12th 11 PM EST? Or the next morning?

Has online pre-orders for any consoles open up late the evening?

could happen as soon as events over or during it. Gamestop has a sign up page to let you know what's going on and best buy has a page to sign up too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom