• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017 worldwide, MSRP $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allforce

I actually had the Amazon page up ready to pre-order at 250. Price was announced and I just closed the tab.

Have a PS4, XB1, plus every latest Apple and Android smartphone. Was no-brainer at 200, impulse buy at 250, wait-and-see at 300.

I get that you start high because you can't increase the price but I thought Nintendo would try to make waves with this release after the WiiU debacle.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
How is 300 too high? Lmao.

Isn't that lower than what ps4 sold for at launch?

And more $$ than the ps4 is now, with considerably weaker hardware and a tiny library.

Say hello to the final Nintendo home console.

It's a shame the vast majority in this thread think so, but that's their prerogative. As time has told, however, this forum does not speak for the world as a whole. Everyone on this forum got themselves hyped hyped hyped up on a price that, again, had zero bearing in reality, in my opinion. I kept seeing that number repeated as if it was a god given fact. Frankly, I looked at what they were offering and did not see that product going for any less than $350, so I am happy with the price. I'm not a Nintendo die-hard, I don't get why it matters, I really want to believe this forum is beyond system wars garbage.

You seem to be upset people aren't willing to pay $300 plus tax and x amount for games and online service. Doesn't matter if you're happy with the price, if the majority on an enthusiast forum are skeptical so how do you think the public at large will react? Nintendo really shot themselves in the foot and clearly learned nothing from the Wii U debacle. This isn't "system wars garbage" it's common sense.

Duxxy3

So remember when people thought the switch was going to replace the 3DS?

It's not happening. This is the Wii U replacement.

SRTtoZ

Have no issues with the price but looking at the launch lineup there's really no rush to get it right away and damn, no Dark Souls :(

Abelard

Jesus that's worse than I assumed, which was $250 in American dollars at most.

Which means here in Canada, the Switch will be $400, about the same price as an Xbox One that comes with Gears of war Anniversary Edition, Gears of War 4, MCC, and Halo 5.... and $70 more than a PS4 with Uncharted 4.

Dumpster fire all around.

LOLCats

Banned
Ill get one @ 200$ maybe, if there is enough good 1st party games...

Honestly i want a 3ds replacement, not a console...

It's a shame the vast majority in this thread think so, but that's their prerogative. As time has told, however, this forum does not speak for the world as a whole. Everyone on this forum got themselves hyped hyped hyped up on a price that, again, had zero bearing in reality, in my opinion. I kept seeing that number repeated as if it was a god given fact. Frankly, I looked at what they were offering and did not see that product going for any less than $350, so I am happy with the price. I'm not a Nintendo die-hard, I don't get why it matters, I really want to believe this forum is beyond system wars garbage.

I absolutely understand and respect that point of view, I just don't get the hyperbole going on in this thread and, again, I think people had an imaginary price way to close to their hearts.

Nothing I see of this product says it's worth $350. I mean you can get a ps4 and xbox 1 s for less than that. It doesn't even come with a proper controller! And first time they are charging for online. Who knows how it will perform? plus tax and price of game price of entry is or could be over $400. WAY too much with the competition out there. Nintendo caught lightning in a bottle with the Wii and bombed with the WiiU. This is not a good price. You can rationalize it all you want but come one calling systems wars when people don't agree with your idea of a good price is too much. Lots of people already have the other consoles and are looking to buy one to play just Nintendo games. That price is too high for a supplemental console. Sure many will buy day one no doubt but doesn't mean that is a good price.

Realyn

You can buy the console and 5 different colored JOY-PADs with HD RUMBLE and 1 2 SWITCH support. What ya all complaining about.

Beatrix

Randy Jackson Meme.

Going to wait until there's games. I honestly feel like the Switch is going to be like the Wii U. Sigh.

Azerare

I absolutely understand and respect that point of view, I just don't get the hyperbole going on in this thread and, again, I think people had an imaginary price way to close to their hearts.
It really isn't a matter of system wars. It's about the perceived value of the product which of course differs among people. For what the hardware is doing it makes sense and then the nintendo exclusive software is always a good deal.

The thing is that this thing will compete on the price range with xbox one's and ps4's. So hopefully nintendo doesn't have a software drought in the past because that definitely did not help the wii u, also the price point.

For myself personally, $300 will be a wait and see how the reviews are and maybe an eventual bundle in.

Pooya

It's a cute system but is this thing going to have 10 games in 2017?

Is having people like Suda51 coming on stage and talking about distant projects the best thing they could bring for this big international reveal? Who even buys Suda51 games? Software situation seems very bad, I thought there will be some more games.

300 bucks when PS4 is like 250 right now. I want to be optimistic but looks like rip in pieces. It's a hard sell, their message here appeals to some odd mix of super niche hardcore and Wii casual audience and not much in between.

You seem to be upset people aren't willing to pay $300 plus tax and x amount for games and online service. Doesn't matter if you're happy with the price, if the majority on an enthusiast forum are skeptical so how do you think the public at large will react? Nintendo really shot themselves in the foot and clearly learned nothing from the Wii U debacle. This isn't "system wars garbage" it's common sense.

Ha ha, upset? I don't care! I care about what I'm doing! Me! I'm on this forum for fun! And I see a lot of nonsense on here, so I'm talking about it. That's the beauty of GAF. And the beauty of my right to disagree with everything you just said as well. I've been on here long enough to see plenty of the "enthusiast" opinions fall completely on the other side with the public. Painting everyone else out there with a broad brush just because most of the people in here are "on your side" with this has, I can assure you, proven plenty of others silly in the past. Time will tell if this console is successful and I'm not predicting that either way, all I'm saying is
1. I'm cool with the price
2. A lot of you were hyped up on some nonsense
3. You need to stop pretending your opinions represent anyone beyond yourself.
I don't get upset on here. I'm too old for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom