• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017 worldwide, MSRP $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Honestly nothing the showed looked like it was $300 worth of tech.

Had they announced Mario, Zelda at launch wiith free online and maybe throw in a pro controller. I would pay that price.

I'm not paying 400 for just Zelda.

Higher than what I personally would like, but in reality it is a new console with a lot of costs behind it. Certainly is something I'll have to think about, especially without a pack in.

Gnub

No pack in games announced.

I'm still interrested. The idea that the console has two controllers right out of the box interests me. Developers can be more local multiplayer friendly on the switch.

Zelda, Skyrim, 1 2 Switch, Splatoon 2 have caught my eye. Need a simulation racer that uses the gyro controls and I'd be all set.

takoyaki

That was pretty good.

The Switch is more expensive than I thought after the specs leaked and that Mario game had some amazing gameplay but the artstyle and open-world seemed totally off imo

But no region lock is big, it has some unexpected features like HD Rumble, great game announcements for this year (Splatoon 2) and the future (new SMT, NMH3(?)) and a fantastic-looking Zelda for launch.

Still Day One for me.

Jigorath

Banned
Copy pasting from the other thread.

So $360 to play Zelda at launch.

I think I'll just buy it on WiiU and hold off on Switch until Mario gets there.

Zurick

Banned
I just paid $560 to play RE7 in VR, not a fucking chance I'm missing Zelda for $200 less.

http%3A%2F%2Fftalphaville.ft.com%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F02%2Fjoker-burning-money.gif

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If Zelda is the only launch game I want, as it looks now, I will wait. I can play Zelda on the U and buy Switch when it is cheaper after launch (which usually happens).

$300 isn't a bad price tag, but there's no way I'm buying this at launch. Will probably end up buying it once Super Mario Odyssey is out and we know some more games that are coming out in the future. They're probably going to save some things that are releasing near the holidays for E3. At least that's what I'm hoping, otherwise the Switch is going to have an abysmal amount of games for the first year and Nintendo has learned nothing.

Also really, really want the Rabbids RPG to be a thing - so hopefully that is actually real.

d1rtn4p

Wow. That was rough as hell. Besides Zelda, looks like another Nintendo console that will gather dust months at a time...

megalowho

I think I'm good playing Zelda on my Wii U and waiting for Mario to drop. Same thing I did for the Wii. Some neat ideas in the thing though, I'm into the concept overall.

Machina

Banned

Yep, that's what Nintendo just tried to sell us. They're literally using the love for Zelda as a crotch to sell their hardware tat is yet again half baked. What happened to well prepared Nintendo? We saw about.....3 seconds of the things UI. I have zero confidence that this thing is any better than the Wii U.

Psykoboy2

GameStop pre-orders begin tomorrow at 10am local time.

The store that told me this will have only 22 available for pre-order tomorrow with a 1 per household limit.

In. People saying DOA for that extra 50$ are hilarious tho.

Disingenuous post. It's $300 plus a paid online subscription, plus games, plus peripherals, plus tax. Can you not see how people would be hesitant to drop $400-$500 on an underpowered console (compared to PS4/XBO) that has little third party support and barely showed any launch games?

bridegur

If Zelda has a better framerate on Switch I'll consider buying one at launch, but if not, I'll just get it for the Wii U and see how the Switch looks down the line.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
You might want to go slow here. Buying every possible launch game might affect your wallet too much.

But whats the point buying a new console without buying 1 or 2 new games.

zma1013

If Zelda has a better framerate on Switch I'll consider buying one at launch, but if not, I'll just get it for the Wii U and see how the Switch looks down the line.

I was hoping for at least 1080p but that didn't look like 1080p. Do we have information yet at what resolution it's running at on Switch?

Yep. I don't know how people are failing to realize that very few people are willing to shell out the money for the console to play one game.

Also, not having Mario as a launch title is really going to hurt.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Nintendo couldn't drop the Wii U under $299 after four years on market. If you thought they were going to undercut that with a new system with a drastically better size and quality of integrated screen, I... I'm sorry you just found out your ability to set common sense expectations is total garbage?

Not at launch, especially when the only launch game that really excites me is coming out for a console I already own. That said, I definitely want it and will jump in very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom