• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

canocha

If you added the games to the cart it does not update the prices.

I added the games before the price change and checked out after.

OMG Aero

I heard some bad things about the tutorials in Mario and Luigi, but I'm in for under £10.
Now I just have to wait for the download code.

javac

Received my codes but I already own these games. I have no idea what I just did but thanks OP.
Thanks for making me spend money T_T

Or maybe it was a genuine short term price cut to get people on their website?
It is run by The Hut. You can tell because it didn't implode (unlike the official site which practically crashed last week when they put up the 3DS charging cradles).

I can't choose any other country aside from the UK in the checkout screen when trying to buy a Mario & Luigi code, any help?
It is a shipping address. Since nothing is being shipped does not matter what postcode you put there. If you want to be funny use PO6 9DY that is the Nintendo customer suppport.

ZeroX03

Banned
FYI Australians, I've received 3DS game codes from UK promos in the past and they haven't worked on the Australian store. I had to switch my store to UK for them to work (it still registers to your AU Club Nintendo), so not sure how it'll go down here.

As far as Wii U games go, just create a new NNID for UK, works perfectly fine.

Austria here, just bought mario & luigi and w101. Thank god the price didn´t increase in the basket.

Don´t even have a wii u yet lol. But sooooon.

BowieZ

Banned
FYI Australians, I've received 3DS game codes from UK promos in the past and they haven't worked on the Australian store. I had to switch my store to UK for them to work (it still registers to your AU Club Nintendo), so not sure how it'll go down here.

As far as Wii U games go, just create a new NNID for UK, works perfectly fine.
They may not work on the AU store but what about the UK store (on the 3DS)?

NeonDelta

A lot have now been removed or reverted to original price, I managed to get donkey kong returns although haven't had email get so probably won't get honoured

kitsuneyo

Dammit. I would've preferred digital W101 and Pikmin, and those prices are just insane. Paid £30 for each of 'em a few months ago, don't really regret it though as they're both brilliant.

tsab

double dipped on W101,DKCR,M&L:DT too good to pass up. Will transfer the saves from my cartridges and continue playing :D

now let's wait for the codes :)

ZeroX03

Banned
They may not work on the AU store but what about the UK store (on the 3DS)?

Yes, but you'd have to be able to change to the UK store, which if you've linked an NNID you can't do anymore.

The prices seem to be back to normal now anyway. I ordered TW101, no credit card charge yet...

Bodom

Banned
I got the following email saying W101 is sold out:

A summary of your order can be found below:

Description Availability Price Qty Subtotal
The Wonderful 101 - Digital Download Sold out £8.95 1 £8.95
Total Delivery Cost: £0.00
Total: £8.95

Eh, I hope I'll still get the code.

Awww, just discovered DKCR3D physical is worth double the discounted price, went to buy it and in the 30 seconds it took me to load up the CEX site and check the trade, the price changed and went OoS :(

HAHA got all my codes! 101,Mario & Luigi, Lego City all to download

i feel like some sort of Pirate who's just raided somewhere....and it feels goooooood

(wish i had a gif to match this feeling right now)

Xater

Still had Animal Crossing in my basket for cheap and just bought it for that price. Thnaks for confirming that these codes work outside of the UK.

Top Bottom