• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo UK webstore : 3DS/Wii U retail games for ~8£ (DL Code)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Bought Mario & Luigi.

Mass Effect and Mario & Luigi for 15 Euros. Today's been a good day.

L~A

I got the following email saying W101 is sold out:

A summary of your order can be found below:

Description Availability Price Qty Subtotal
The Wonderful 101 - Digital Download Sold out £8.95 1 £8.95
Total Delivery Cost: £0.00
Total: £8.95

Eh, I hope I'll still get the code.

Digital code, sold out? ROFL, Nice one Nintendo :p But yeah, looks like a legit pricing error. Well, that was fun while it lasted... too bad I already owned all the games I was interested in.

In BELIEVELAND, Nintendo would look at this incident and think "oh, but people love discounts! Let's do mega-discounts on the eShop from now on!".
IN BELIEVELAND, Metroid Dread was GAF 2013 GOTY.
In BELIEVELAND, everyone is a GAF moderator.

Empty

got and redeemed my animal crossing and m&l codes

still waiting for donkey kong (separate order)

now i'm realizing that my sd card is real small and have to manage the fridge :/

Phazon

Well then, we should see Nintendo games in the UK chart next week. Right??? Riiiiiight? :p #LEGOsoldbetterthanknack

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Digital code, sold out? ROFL, Nice one Nintendo :p But yeah, looks like a legit pricing error. Well, that was fun while it lasted... too bad I already owned all the games I was interested in.

In BELIEVELAND, Nintendo would look at this incident and think "oh, but people love discounts! Let's do mega-discounts on the eShop from now on!".
IN BELIEVELAND, Metroid Dread was GAF 2013 GOTY.
In BELIEVELAND, everyone is a GAF moderator.

In BELIEVELAND, 3D World would outsell Knack by 10:1 in UK

Just joking, obviously. I couldn't resist :lol

Camisado

So what could happen from here?

Could Nintendo still refund us and take the games off our accounts without any input from us? Or will we get to keep them?

canocha

I typed my bloody name wrong on the card details... I think I fucked up - haha.

I don't think the name is important... just saying!

IT WORKS for NON UK PEOPLE ('3DS MARIO and Luigi)

(sorry for the wait, had to phone my gf for it and with all those updates it took a while :/)

Awesome!!!

Bought Donkey Kong, Pikmin, W101, Animal Crossing and M&L = £42.75

Waiting for the codes!

Nilaul

Ill order it once more, I still have it in my order basket.

So I could pottentially have an extra copy of WOnderfull and Mario if anyones interested (ofcourse it would require to pay me back the 8 pounds lol)

I got the following email saying W101 is sold out:

A summary of your order can be found below:

The Wonderful 101 - Digital Download Sold out £8.95 1 £8.95

Eh, I hope I'll still get the code.

I guess I'm lucky then:

summary of your order can be found below:

The Wonderful 101 - Digital Download In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours £8.95 1 £8.95

Mr-Joker

Banned
So what could happen from here?

Could Nintendo still refund us and take the games off our accounts without any input from us? Or will we get to keep them?

Once you have been charged and have the code, then Nintendo can't do anything as it's illegal to do that.

But if Nintendo spots the error before charging you then they can cancel it.

now i'm realizing that my sd card is real small and have to manage the fridge :/
I have the same situation with my SD card, I have over 1GB of podcasts to delete thankfully.

I could also delete some demos but not having an NNID means I can't redownload them.

Well then, we should see Nintendo games in the UK chart next week. Right??? Riiiiiight? :p #LEGOsoldbetterthanknack
Digital downloads might not count (it was a big argument when Wind Waker came out though). Well this would be a good acid test actually, I'll remember to check the UK 3DS charts next week to see if Mario and Luigi shoots up...even if it fails we can still conclude The Hut run Ninrtendo UK s not tracked by chart track (I'm sure the rest of the hut group is though...). Thanks for making me look forward to next week charts rather than dreading it having more knack jokes as there is nothing else to talk about.

Thanks for confirming above re. how the codes are sent.

This cheered up my day, Thanks OP!

1728animated_gif_not_the_father.gif

MLH

Do these codes have an expiry date?
I don't have a Wii U yet and it could be a month or two before I get one. I don't want to find out they have expired while sitting in my inbox.

69wpm

You can change the console country, set up a new NNID with UK and download from UK eshop and then switch back to your country and NNID and you will be fine. Again, for Wii U. I don't know how it works on 3ds.

Yes. And they work the same.

Not true, I bought 3D World from GAME and used it on the German eShop. Same for Zelda WW, bought from UK eBay, worked fine.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I can't believe I manage to be here when the news got out and snagged a couple of bargains. Fantastic.

Thanks OP.

Nilaul

I potentially brought I spare copy off:

The Wonderful 101 - Digital Download hours

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros. - Digital Download

If I receive those twice, Im gonna sell them off at the original error price.

First person to PM gets the upper hand in case of me receiving a double code.

Edit: Offer closed, 2 people already in the waiting list.

Phazon

I had my order placed right before the deal was over, got the confirmation email but no code yet. Crossing my fingers...

Takes 30-45 minutes :)

I don't have a Wii U yet and it could be a month or two before I get one. I don't want to find out they have expired while sitting in my inbox.

I activated a lot of codes I got from Nintendo 6-10 months after they gave it to me. I think they'll expire someday, but no idea how long it is exactly.

LoveCake

Hope all the people who got W101 enjoy it & tell their friends.

Looks like lots of people got bargains :)

I didn't get in o time, but i have all of the games from that list including W101 anyway, would've been nice to get them a bit cheaper though.

BraXzy

Ugh why do I always miss out on these deals :(

Would've loved to pick up Dream Team or Animal Crossing at that price.

Frodo

There is no mention of a expiry date on the e-mail they sent. I don't believe there is a expiry date.

Jazzem

Thank you so much OP!!! Absolute steals here :D

I've only received a Donkey Kong I ordered for my brother so far, the rest (M&L/W101/another DK) not yet; on the account page it has the former two as 'awaiting stock' and with a expected delivery date of tomorrow...

Top Bottom