• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo will never make a game using good graphics again cause you pay $60 indie-like

bender

What time is it?
4.jpg

Raven77

Real talk: they have zero incentive to adjust their hardware to other console's level so their games will always look two generations old.

And can you explain what amazing gaming innovations have been achieved by Sony and Microsoft endlessly releasing new more expensive consoles?

Thought so.

The answer is, zero.

Every PS4 and PS5 game have the exact same gameplay as PS2 and PS3 games. So again the point you're trying to make is...pointless.

And can you explain what amazing gaming innovations have been achieved by Sony and Microsoft endlessly releasing new more expensive consoles?

Thought so.

The answer is, zero.

Every PS4 and PS5 game have the exact same gameplay as PS2 and PS3 games. So again the point you're trying to make is...pointless.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's true that the companies prioritize different things. I enjoy both of them. Microsoft maybe not so much anymore, but I loved my 360.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member

Thought so.

The answer is, zero.

Calm down buddy, we're talking about graphics.

March Climber

Gold Member
Careful you'll get banned instantly for these opinions as certain people here are hardcore Nintendo-never-is-bad fans.
It doesn’t even matter. His take and this thread will quickly be out of touch once a stronger system is announced and released.

Nintendo just has to keep up with mobile graphical potential so that they can get some of the good stuff from Apple Arcade and Google Play Plus.

Edit: This gift of GAF gold felt random, almost like a stray bullet. Still, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Itchy Tickles

Gold Member
While I have big problems with a lot if Nintendo ways, they are good at making games with good art direction over graphics so it's not exactly as straight forward as you made it sound.

I can't think of a time in recent memory that they released hardware that wasn't already behind the times. Don't get me wrong, they constantly over price the system and flimsy gimmicky controllers. Games are seemingly full price more than Call of Duty games, and they restrict how you buy them.

Thought so.

The answer is, zero.

Dear fuck, how is releasing a new console every like 7 years endless? Take that Nintendo sack out of your mouth. (I hope this is bait though)

Last edited:

SaturnSaturn

Gold Member
The only reason you are getting different type of games small and big, with lots of different gameplay elements is that they dont spend 504543 gajilion dollars on graphics. If they went all in on fidelity you would see stifled games, safe bets boring bets

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
It’s the competition that should learn the lesson. Spend less money on graphics tech for the graphic whores that buy 2 titles a year to jerk off in photo mode and gifs and instead make compelling, fun, gameplay focused experiences.

Nintendo is doing it right. Everyone else isn’t.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Switch is around PS3.5 level right? What you saw today is stuff that would normally be 3DS games. Mario & Luigi, and Zelda 2D. They look about like you'd expect for smaller AA stuff. Metroid is one of their bigger titles, and it looks like shooters you saw on the the late PS3 era, which is what everyone should have expected. I'm sure all the games look fine when playing them. Nintendo puts a lot of polish and attention to detail in their games in other ways.

Switch 2 is when I think things really start to change for Nintendo, because if they're about on the level of a PS4 next gen, a lot of current gen games are still about on that level so things will get very interesting.

Matsuchezz

I think you have a terminal case of the Mandela effect if you think Nintendo ever did "good graphics"? Which I suppose means high budget AAA style artwork in this context.
Fuck, I wish indie games looked and played as well as Nintendo's stuff.

Nintendo did great graphics! Their last true effort at great graphics was Gamecube, and after that they went to shit. They said several times, they tried to get the latest and greatest tech, After Yamauchi's decision to stick with cartridges. They fell behind the tech race. I was there to witness it all. Really sad.

Ken Lobb at this event it's fun to remember those times. Before he jumped ship to MS HQ.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

It is down right shameful, how far trolls have fallen from the good old days. You had one job. Do it right, goddammit.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It’s the competition that should learn the lesson. Spend less money on graphics tech for the graphic whores that buy 2 titles a year to jerk off in photo mode and gifs and instead make compelling, fun, gameplay focused experiences.

Nintendo is doing it right. Everyone else isn’t.
M$; Let’s spend 6 years forensically mapping out a fjord in Iceland for a 4 hour long boring slog

Nintendo; hahah table wand go brrrrr

One of these will sell 10m at full price and the other will likely cause a studio to close.

Top Bottom