• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo will never make a game using good graphics again cause you pay $60 indie-like

Kataploom

Gold Member
You're right, but going to get the reply, "But some people just don't want to play on PC," as if it's radically different than playing on consoles.
Well, I'm not against consoles in general, it's just that some shit on Nintendo and Series S because of "graphics", but they are not in the top end of graphic quality to even have any right so I'll always use that argument.

These people arbitrarily redline other people's toys from their "good enough club" for whatever reason and don't like to be redlined the same way, when you mention PC they always say "b.. but the price!", ignoring Switch and Series S are cheaper machines and provide different values as well.

Inanilmaz

But Nintendo games look great to those many people that like them, they don't have "bad graphics" as they do for you and OP... Also, did we make sure OP play on PC primarily? Because of not he has no valid argument anyway lol
It was just a jab against nintendo fans that settle for less, not that serious. I don't think its bad bad but its mostly not good either, the art style safes it. the only thing that comes to my mind that doesn't have both is pokemon? Is there anymore games like that?

Kataploom

Gold Member
It was just a jab against nintendo fans that settle for less, not that serious. I don't think its bad bad but its mostly not good either, the art style safes it. the only thing that comes to my mind that doesn't have both is pokemon? Is there anymore games like that?
Pokemon needs to go back to 2D battles, that way they can focus their 3D model efforts on wild pokemons and way better graphics polish. I guess Nintendo thought they gave enough of freedom to GF and negotiated something because they are "guilty by association" in the eyes of many.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
Since Nintendo games are overpriced, think, what kind of name can we give to this difference? love, of course. They love us in every game they sell us

peronmls

I get what he's saying. Why make and sell an amazing game like Metroid Prime 4 for full price when you can sell some random cheap shovelware indie title for $60 with the Nintendo Switch logo on it.

Last edited:
The world that buy overpriced games, yes.

Part of that has to make you mad, no? It’s like, you see Ubisoft shit out their zillionth open world game and it has everything: a touching story for someone who has never read a book, graphics so pretty your ass might explode, intense voice acting like how a toddler imagines a play goes, I mean… The budget for those games? It has to be in the hundreds of millions!

Consider the budget for TLOU 2, the monumental game that won the prestigious GOTY award at the Pope Awards, how expensive was that to make? Only for Nintendo to spend like 50 bucks on a game about furry animals goofing around in the middle of the fucking ocean. And that animal game sells 4 times as much as holy TLOU 2? I mean, I would be seething too.

Drell

Exactly. So why should I pay for a game "top everything" but graphics the same that I pay for a game "top everything"?
For the amount of work put into the game's creation. Also if the graphics are top notch for the switch and the game runs well, that means a lot of work has been made for this.

And I actually prefer to spend money on these games, rather than paying the same amount for the same call of duty reskinned each year where they used most of their budget to pay royalties for I don't know which rapper's song being featured on the Summer Game Fest trailer.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
_4277793b.jpg

This generic mess is your definition of "phenomenal art style" ?

I think it looks fine, personally, I like that you've picked out the scene where that pipe thing (whatever it is) excitingly rolls across the screen. At that point I did think "this feels like they need a bit more power".

If I was going to criticise the design, it'd be the space pirates that do it for me. From Metroid Prime onwards, that has been terrible - they never really looks like much but a load of random angles mashed together, to me.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
For the amount of work put into the game's creation. Also if the graphics are top notch for the switch and the game runs well, that means a lot of work has been made for this.

And I actually prefer to spend money on these games, rather than paying the same amount for the same call of duty reskinned each year where they used most of their budget to pay royalties for I don't know which rapper's song being featured on the Summer Game Fest trailer.
There was more work put by artists creating higher quality assets.
Because value is not directly related to production costs.
It is also directly related to production costs.

SoloCamo

The graphics aren't the issue, it's the lower frame rates, lower resolutions and most importantly, a complete lack of anti aliasing. You can scream art style all you want but frame rate dips and jaggies all over the screen ruin it. I don't care if switch 2 games look identical to the first switch as long as the issues I named are resolved.

Akuji

And can you explain what amazing gaming innovations have been achieved by Sony and Microsoft endlessly releasing new more expensive consoles?

Thought so.

The answer is, zero.

Every PS4 and PS5 game have the exact same gameplay as PS2 and PS3 games. So again the point you're trying to make is...pointless.
Tell me u never played returnal without saying u never played returnal.

Bloodborne as well.

Cherry picking?

Welcome to 12 years ago when any FPS did this and BETTER with way more detail on the screen. COD Ghosts which btw isnt even known for being a graphical showcase runs laps around Metroid 4. Nintendo fans are always going to say, oh but its the "artstyle". No, artstyle is that way because they couldnt care less to make a bigger effort when they know people will buy a mainline franchise no matter how low they set the bar.

Nobody is saying make the game more realistic but are you telling me Switch is not capable of adding scuffs and weathering to the weapons? We cant have details? The lighting on a shiny metal gun looks so flat. Its just shit effort from the devs. Those rock and snow textures look PS3 era. For the remakes, sure it works. But this is supposed to be the brand new entry and they literally again just reused assets from older titles lol.

Top Bottom