• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

- Nintendont - | Yes, you CAN play GameCube games on your Wii U!

Nostalgia had been kind--reality is something else!

I guess I've been spoiled by screens of dolphin--GC games scaled by the Wii U to a 1080p plasma aren't really my thing. Those jaggies. That blur. It's been a long time 'cube, and I think I remember you a bit better looking than you were.

I think I'll set this up on the original Wii for CRT use. Saves me loading each disc.

At least I've re familiarized myself with cleanrip so I can get my games into dolphin. Thanks for the help--and this is still a very amazing project. Kudos!

Doczu

Gold Member
Nostalgia had been kind--reality is something else!

I guess I've been spoiled by screens of dolphin--GC games scaled by the Wii U to a 1080p plasma aren't really my thing. Those jaggies. That blur. It's been a long time 'cube, and I think I remember you a bit better looking than you were.

I think I'll set this up on the original Wii for CRT use. Saves me loading each disc.

At least I've re familiarized myself with cleanrip so I can get my games into dolphin. Thanks for the help--and this is still a very amazing project. Kudos!

Well you can/always use Wii component cables and hook it up a CRT tv. You'll get 480p with no blur. Good stuff

MysticX

can someone help me out:

I have:

1: WiiU PAL 5.3.2

2: Lego Indiana Jones

What do I need to do to get:

Homebrew Channel

USB Loader GX (wii games)

and the gamecube one as well

do I have to install any cIOS as well???

can someone help me out:

I have:

Homebrew Channel

Homebrew Channel
http://nintendo.about.com/od/wiihom...Homebrew-Channel-Into-The-Wii-Us-Wii-Mode.htm

After that, to get USB Loader and Nintendont is as simple as copying their files into the apps folder on your SD card. but read through their guides also.

Shun

can someone help me out:

I have:

Homebrew Channel

You need cIOS to play any Wii backups.

I recommend using Wiiflow instead of USB Loader since Wiiflow is still supported for vWii. That and the interface looks 100x better imo.

You will also need Multi Mod Manager to install WAD files in case you want to have individual channels for Wiiflow and Nintendont instead of having to go through HBC every time.

FSLink

Banned
You need cIOS to play any Wii backups.

I recommend using Wiiflow instead of USB Loader since Wiiflow is still supported for vWii. That and the interface looks 100x better imo.

You will also need Multi Mod Manager to install WAD files in case you want to have individual channels for Wiiflow and Nintendont instead of having to go through HBC every time.

USB Loader GX works on vWii. I think USB Loader GX looks better because it mimics the Wii interface but that's just my personal preference. Can't go wrong with either one.

Shun

USB Loader GX works on vWii. I think USB Loader GX looks better because it mimics the Wii interface but that's just my personal preference. Can't go wrong with either one.

Oh it does work, I'm just saying that it hasn't been updated for a while. Wiiflow has still been supported and that's why I recommended switching to that one.

The only one I dislike is CFG Loader, which hasn't been updated in 4+ years.

Joey Ravn

Banned

Does USB Loader GX support loading Wii backups from an SD, though? I've been using CFG USB Loader since I don't like the Wiiflow interface and it loads both GCN and Wii backups from the same SD card. It works fine for me, but if USB Loader GX somehow got support for SD cards, I'll switch in a heartbeat.

Anyone know how to get nintendont working within wiiflow?

I found that someone made a master of pack but it doesn't have any installation instructions :/

Shun

Anyone know how to get nintendont working within wiiflow?

I found that someone made a master of pack but it doesn't have any installation instructions :/

You just go through the apps menu.

What I recommend is creating your own channel for Nintendont separate from Wiiflow so you don't jumble through menus for any USB Loader.

If you know how to install WAD files, I'll link you the file so you can install the channel for nintendont.

vWii Nintendont Forwarder.

Once you've done what you needed to do, just pop this in Multi Mod Manager or something and install it.

I can't find any reference at all? (quick google)

For the purpose of Nintendont the Pro controller just works. But this is only in Nintendont and not in the Wii/vWii at large.
There was a post on Reddit with a guy seemingly indicating that it works fine, and even a couple of people asked clarification. I should have probably just posted in that thread. Is there a difference between the Wii and Wii U bluetooth? Since both can pair a Wii Remote, it seems like if you have Nintendont there to tell the Wii to use the Wii U Pro controller, it should work. I've been using the Wii Pro Classic controller, which is lovely, but dat Wii U Pro is amazing.

Vitacat

So I have this working and it's amazing. I own a bunch of Gamecube games, but this is so good that I've retired my cube to the closet.

QUESTION: How can I setup Nintendont as a channel so I don't have to always go thru Homebrew Channel to start it again, which is awkward and time-consuming?

I am a newbie to all this so hopefully there's an easy way to do that?

Shun

So I have this working and it's amazing. I own a bunch of Gamecube games, but this is so good that I've retired my cube to the closet.

QUESTION: How can I setup Nintendont as a channel so I don't have to always go thru Homebrew Channel to start it again, which is awkward and time-consuming?

I am a newbie to all this so hopefully there's an easy way to do that?

Read my post above. There's a forwarder channel.

You'll still need to go through steps like installing cIOS and stuff in case you want to play your backed up Wii U games.

Essentially what you need to do is get an HBC app called Multi Mod Manager, then throw the Nintendont Channel WAD file inside a folder named WAD.

Run Multi Mod Manager and have it install Nintendont channel.

Vitacat

Read my post above. There's a forwarder channel.

You'll still need to go through steps like installing cIOS and stuff in case you want to play your backed up Wii U games.

Essentially what you need to do is get an HBC app called Multi Mod Manager, then throw the Nintendont Channel WAD file inside a folder named WAD.

Run Multi Mod Manager and have it install Nintendont channel.

Thanks. Sounds a bit complicated but I will look into it.

As for Wii games... hadn't considered that. If it involves messing with the operating system too much not sure I want to. Still really new to all this, and love my Wii U and afraid to do anything too "piratey." I legally own a ton of Wii games though.

Would you happen to have a link to that post? I'm interested in reading more about this :O
I couldn't find it, but I did find a post on GBA Temp confirming it
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ont.349258/page-654+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Since the Bluetooth stuff has mostly been reported by WiiU testers, how about some regular BC Wii love?

I tested on my original Wii and used a WiiU Pro Controller (it could use some sensitivity or deadzone adjustments on the sticks, they're extremely sensitive, almost to the point of being unable to walk slowly in most games.. and if you're curious, I synced it at the Wii Menu with the red button on the Wii, but of course, it doesn't actually connect officially; you can test if it synced by using the power button on the WiiU PC to see if your Wii turns on or not
).

I tried syncing it, but came up short. Never got my Wii to turn on or off. I'll need to try again!

Gunsmithx

Ok about to pull my hair out, I can't seem to get the gamecube adapter to work.

First off yes I have the black usb into the bottom usb on the back. I started up nintendon't, updated it first, then updated the controller pack. First it said it couldn't find controller.ini and shut the wiiu down, then I tried again and it had the same problem so I went through and found the gamecube adapter ini and put it into root and named it controller.ini, now it says that it's not the correct ini for the controller(I'm using the new smash controller) and yes I do have Hid turned on in the menu, any help would be very welcome at this point.

Whogie

Ok about to pull my hair out, I can't seem to get the gamecube adapter to work.

First off yes I have the black usb into the bottom usb on the back. I started up nintendon't, updated it first, then updated the controller pack. First it said it couldn't find controller.ini and shut the wiiu down, then I tried again and it had the same problem so I went through and found the gamecube adapter ini and put it into root and named it controller.ini, now it says that it's not the correct ini for the controller(I'm using the new smash controller) and yes I do have Hid turned on in the menu, any help would be very welcome at this point.

Make sure native control is off. That turns off HID.

Gunsmithx

I had tried that at one point but it's off now,

I did get it to work when I plugged that adapter into the front ports, I thought you could plug them into the back ports but maybe I was wrong, anyway it's working now thanks!

Whogie

I had tried that at one point but it's off now,

I did get it to work when I plugged that adapter into the front ports, I thought you could plug them into the back ports but maybe I was wrong, anyway it's working now thanks!

Glad it's working. Back ports shouldn't be an issue -- it's what I use.

Chucker

I had this working back when it first came out, but then left it alone for a while. All of my files are on a USB(For now until I get a SD card), which port works best? I can't seem to get it to work at all even though it sees my games.

Thanks.

ILoveBish

I heard that there is a program that "trims" the isos ... does nintendon't acept trimmed gamecube isos ?

DM tool box is what you should use. Grab the latest dios mios zip, the tool is included. All other tools tend to not trim properly. I tried a bunch till I realized the tools were messing up the games. 0 issues with DM tool box.

Vitacat

So maybe this isn't the place to ask, but I've tried some emulators using the Homebrew Channel, and some run perfectly while others just freeze my Wii U.

For example, Hugo (Turbografx/PC Engine), Atari 2600, and Wii64 freeze at start and I also notice the light on my Wiimote goes out as well.

Any ideas?

ILoveBish

So maybe this isn't the place to ask, but I've tried some emulators using the Homebrew Channel, and some run perfectly while others just freeze my Wii U.

For example, Hugo (Turbografx/PC Engine), Atari 2600, and Wii64 freeze at start and I also notice the light on my Wiimote goes out as well.

Any ideas?

Grab retroarch. Its what I use on the Wii, works a treat.

Piano

Banned
Okay, so to get my Gamecube memory card data into Nintendont I need to load GCMM onto my Wii ... and then what? I saw some mention somewhere in the thread of having to boot up Dolphin to convert the GCMM data into something that's usable by Nintendont?

I was hoping I could just backup the whole memory card and have Nintendont use it for all of my games.

Dogbert8

Neo Member
Okay, so to get my Gamecube memory card data into Nintendont I need to load GCMM onto my Wii ... and then what? I saw some mention somewhere in the thread of having to boot up Dolphin to convert the GCMM data into something that's usable by Nintendont?

I was hoping I could just backup the whole memory card and have Nintendont use it for all of my games.
1) Dump your GCN memory card using GCMM.
2) Use Nintendont to create a Nintendont compatible raw file.
3) Use Dolphin to transfer saves, one at a time, from your GCMM file to your Nintendont file.

Or, at least, that's what worked for me...

Since Nintendont assigns a new memory card for each game, start Nintendont make a new save for each game by loading every game you have at least once. Then take your SD / USB to your computer along with the GCMM file and use Dolphin's memory card manager. Load your GCMM master data to one slot and then use each virtual card Nintendont made into the other slot and then transfer your data over for each game one at a time.

Xanonano

You don't actually need to use Dolphin to transfer your saves to Nintendont. You just have to back up the whole memory card by using the RAW option in GCMM. Then you can use this raw image in Nintendont for all your games by setting the Memcard Multi option to on, or you can create multiple copies of it and use one for each game to protect against the file getting corrupted and losing all your saves.

Would you happen to have a link to that post? I'm interested in reading more about this :O
Just wanted to check in with you. Got it to work. You can test out whether or not you have it synced by turning the Wii off with the pro controller. Once I saw that worked, I went into Nintendont, and turned off my Wii remote. Then the pro controller showed as sync and it worked. Beautiful.

Chucker

I had this working back when it first came out, but then left it alone for a while. All of my files are on a USB(For now until I get a SD card), which port works best? I can't seem to get it to work at all even though it sees my games.

Thanks.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Just wanted to check in with you. Got it to work. You can test out whether or not you have it synced by turning the Wii off with the pro controller. Once I saw that worked, I went into Nintendont, and turned off my Wii remote. Then the pro controller showed as sync and it worked. Beautiful.

Amazing! I wonder what's holding back the developers of the Wii backup launchers from implementing this feature. The Wii U Pro Controller can be synched in Wii mode (and, by extension, in vWii mode) and spoof a GameCube controller in Nintendon't. Getting it to work as a Classic Controller shouldn't be that hard, right?

Well, I'm sure that if no one has done it yet, it must be not as easy as I think...

NeOak

Amazing! I wonder what's holding back the developers of the Wii backup launchers from implementing this feature. The Wii U Pro Controller can be synched in Wii mode (and, by extension, in vWii mode) and spoof a GameCube controller in Nintendon't. Getting it to work as a Classic Controller shouldn't be that hard, right?

Well, I'm sure that if no one has done it yet, it must be not as easy as I think...

It isn't. Starting with the fact that you'd have to use the CPU to translate that, and the game expects to have it all for itself. Plus your have to make it work with every IOS version, each with its own bugs.

Platy

Ok ... I think I got something very wrong ...

Can someone point me to a very explained tutorial on how to use a ps3 controller with nintendon't ?

Joey Ravn

Banned
It isn't. Starting with the fact that you'd have to use the CPU to translate that, and the game expects to have it all for itself. Plus your have to make it work with every IOS version, each with its own bugs.

Figured as much. I was hoping it could be implemented as a loader-level function, but I guess it ain't as simple as that.

v2.258 and above adds an option to display games in 4:3 resolution with black bars on either side instead of stretched widescreen, a feature which a lot of people were wanting in this thread. It's only possible on Wii U.

Nintendon't keeps getting better and better..!

rekameohs

Banned
v2.258 and above adds an option to display games in 4:3 resolution with black bars on either side instead of stretched widescreen, a feature which a lot of people were wanting in this thread. It's only possible on Wii U.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Halle-fuckin-lujah. That's exactly what I want!!

Not a fan of having to play with Forced Widescreen on by default... Can't be sure there won't be visual junk on the sides of the screen, or stretched HUD elements. And I guess I like to keep games as they were released.

Unfortunately, the sticks seem to be hyper sensitive (difficult to slowly walk, for instance) I wonder if Nintendont could address that. I'm thinking I'll just stick with the Wii Classic Controller Pro (i'll check again, but sensitivity seemed better)

Madao

i guess this makes Devolution completely useless now.

Trying to see if Nintendont can run Wii game ISOs. I own over 100 games for Wii, but there's a few I'd like to run with cheats just to mess around with.

Rich!

Trying to see if Nintendont can run Wii game ISOs. I own over 100 games for Wii, but there's a few I'd like to run with cheats just to mess around with.

not a chance.

however, you can just use a wii usb loader like usb loader gx and wiiflow - and they have support for nintendont too!

Top Bottom