• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh special live stream set for November 20

raven777

Those who cleared the alpha demo will get this helmet
Cxtf50AUsAAnx0M.jpg:large

Actually kinda glad that I played the Alpha and not the Beta lol.
There is Vanity/Glamour System in the game so you can use cool looking weapon/armor until the end.

6bl4fZU.gif

Need some translations. PS4 and PS4 Pro have both 1080p 60fps, and the signs are the same.

nioh9wu2s.png

Edit: If I have a 1080p TV, I am locked to 1080p then ? I can't play the game at 4k @30fps ?
I might be wrong here but the 1080p/30 option might have downsampling in addition to increased graphical effects. If not, I'm sure you can use the 4k/30 option but output a 1080p signal, getting downsampling in the process.

But tbh, this is one of those games where 60 fps is imperative IMO.

Deku Tree

You unlocked two DLC rewards when playing the beta depending on how far you got.... so do beta only players get both rewards for doing the whole thing? Or is there a third reward?

You unlocked two DLC rewards when playing the beta depending on how far you got.... so do beta only players get both rewards for doing the whole thing? Or is there a third reward?

You get the reward from killing the bosses in the demo, obviously you'll only get the helm from Hino Emma if you clear the Beta.

yea if you like the design, you can just cover that design up on better spec gears.

Ah so it's transmog... Does it keep the name?

Tyaren

Need some translations. PS4 and PS4 Pro have both 1080p 60fps, and the signs are the same.

nioh9wu2s.png

Edit: If I have a 1080p TV, I am locked to 1080p then ? I can't play the game at 4k @30fps ?

increased graphical effects. If not, I'm sure you can use the 4k/30 option but output a 1080p signal, getting downsampling in the process.

But tbh, this is one of those games where 60 fps is imperative IMO.

That graphic is just about the PS4 Pro and how the game will work/look on a full HD TV and a 4k TV.

HD TV:
You'll get 4k downsampled to 1080p with 30fps or 1080p and 60fps.

4k TV:
You'll get native(?) 4k resolution with 30fps or 1080 and 60fps.

Menthuss

That graphic is just about the PS4 Pro and how the game will work/look on a full HD TV and a 4k TV.

HD TV:
You'll get 4k downsampled to 1080p with 30fps or 1080p and 60fps.

4k TV:
You'll get native(?) 4k resolution with 30fps or 1080 and 60fps.

That can't possibly be right.

So what did we learn?

1. New area, Ninja Castle with hidden rotating walls
  2. New ninja enemy with kusarigama weapon
  3. New boss, giant ninja toad
  4. Range weapon controls returned back to FPS controls, face buttons now switch ammo type
  5. Alpha and Beta demo dlc rewards revealed: Unique helms base off the bosses
  6. A Transmog system in place allowing you to bring your dlc/pre-order gears all the way
  7. Next livestream is on 20th Dec

Did I missed out anything?

Menthuss

It might not be native 4k but heck, even 1440p downsampled would be a massive improvement.

I'm no expert on Japanese but that screenshot posted earlier detailing the different versions and modes make no mention of downsampling. For the OG PS4 running Cinematic mode, it only mentions a resolution of 1920*1080 running at 30fps along with anti-aliasing.

Vex_

Banned
Amy time I see any news about this game I just get so disappointed. Disappointed that I cannot play it yet.

jett

D-Member

nioh9wu2s.png

Those are all PS4 Pro modes.

On an HDTV I figure you can choose between a downsampled image at 1080p@30fps or native 1080p@60fps.

Is there PvP in Nioh?

This is all hey've said about that (this was back at E3)

FL: Will there be any PvP? If yes, how would it work?

Yasuda: For the time being, our main focus will be on the singleplayer campaign and co-op. Although in the future we may want to incorporate some PvP on a smaller scale, like duels in a small arena or something of that nature. We will announce more on that as we have the details in the future.

http://fextralife.com/nioh-death-yokai-multiplayer-durability-fumihiko-yasuda/

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Does this game have much story driven cut scenes with dialogue? Love everything I'm seeing except for main character.

Yes it has several cut scenes though the game. The main character can't speak Japanese so he and most other characters can't speak directly.

TreIII

Kinda funny that we learn about the Kusarigama being a weapon type used by an enemy shortly after an enemy was using it in the Nioh manga. I'd almost say that kind of timing was too much of a coincidence.

Love the new boss, too.

Copper

Looking good. February can't come soon enough.

Also did they mention anything about twilight missions? Will they be implemented in all of the missions?

Begaria

So what did we learn?

1. New area, Ninja Castle with hidden rotating walls
  2. New ninja enemy with kusarigama weapon
  3. New boss, giant ninja toad
  4. Range weapon controls returned back to FPS controls, face buttons now switch ammo type
  5. Alpha and Beta demo dlc rewards revealed: Unique helms base off the bosses
  6. A Transmog system in place allowing you to bring your dlc/pre-order gears all the way
  7. Next livestream is on 20th Dec

Did I missed out anything?

I noticed Ki Pulse on Low Stance dodging is back. Looking at some beta feedback changes, this was not listed. Just going through the footage right now, and it doesn't appear the High Stance has Ki Pulse on dodge anymore, but I could be wrong.

TreIII

I noticed Ki Pulse on Low Stance dodging is back. Looking at some beta feedback changes, this was not listed. Just going through the footage right now, and it doesn't appear the High Stance has Ki Pulse on dodge anymore, but I could be wrong.

Some others said that they saw Ki Pulse Dodge on High and Low. It'd match what we saw in the most recent demos from TGS and beyond.

Top Bottom