• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh special live stream set for November 20

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Cleared the Alpha Beta, but never played much of the Beta. Guess I got the superior reward.

Fistwell

Words fail me to express how hyped I am for this game.
rs_355x210-140404140948-tumblr_moohomos111ql0k28o1_400.gif

So are the different playable characters?

I hope so and I find it odd that you see which character you use before a mission, isn't that odd if that's only one character?

TreIII

So are the different playable characters?

Well...

Koei Wikia had been claiming for a while that you'd be playing as William and Yamamoto Tsunemoto at different parts of the game, as it is (in addition that DLC would include other playable characters). Up to recently, we didn't have proof that the fact that they showed William's portrait at the side of the screen when you're selecting a mission in-game as a sign that we'd have other playable characters to pick from.

Until this came up on Reddit recently:

How different characters factors into how the game is played is still something we have to wait and see on.

I noticed Ki Pulse on Low Stance dodging is back. Looking at some beta feedback changes, this was not listed. Just going through the footage right now, and it doesn't appear the High Stance has Ki Pulse on dodge anymore, but I could be wrong.

It's back on both.

Watch the video at 38:50 during the tutorial phase.

Ninja Gaiden's Kusari-Gama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6IW5sX_XK0

Well...

Koei Wikia had been claiming for a while that you'd be playing as William and Yamamoto Tsunemoto at different parts of the game, as it is (in addition that DLC would include other playable characters). Up to recently, we didn't have proof that the fact that they showed William's portrait at the side of the screen when you're selecting a mission in-game as a sign that we'd have other playable characters to pick from.

Until this came up on Reddit recently:

How different characters factors into how the game is played is still something we have to wait and see on.

Has this been verified? Is it legit?

Shin

Banned

This plus being able to play as different characters and everything about this game is just pure gold for me.
So damn happy this game exists, probably my most wanted game for PS4P.

Anyone know if the game will have dual audio or if at least the Japanese voices will be with English sub?
And secondly can you still download either of the demo's, would love to collect all items for this game (no PS4 yet unfortunately).

BigEmil

Anyone know if the game will have dual audio or if at least the Japanese voices will be with English sub?
And secondly can you still download either of the demo's, would love to collect all items for this game (no PS4 yet unfortunately).
Some people speak English and some Japanese in this game so both and yes the Japanese voices will be English subbed
As for the previous alpha and beta it was a timed thing not accessible now
I just hope there are difficulty setting (for higher ones)
I guess that's what's Twilight zones is for

BigEmil

Well now i don't feel too bad about not finishing the beta(did clear the alpha though). Did they fix the bow and arrow controls?
Seems so
So what did we learn?

1. New area, Ninja Castle with hidden rotating walls
  2. New ninja enemy with kusarigama weapon
  3. New boss, giant ninja toad
  4. Range weapon controls returned back to FPS controls, face buttons now switch ammo type
  5. Alpha and Beta demo dlc rewards revealed: Unique helms base off the bosses
  6. A Transmog system in place allowing you to bring your dlc/pre-order gears all the way
  7. Next livestream is on 20th Dec

Did I missed out anything?

While I understand the appeal of the Alpha Helm, I have a nitpick annoyance with not being able to see the character's facial expressions during cutscenes.

It doesn't matter for a silent protagonist, but for a named character who talks and emotes it bothers me. So I'll be proudly wearing the Beta helm because... I'm Batman.

TreIII

Has this been verified? Is it legit?

Not 100% verified (hence why I never bothered making another topic on the finding), but it stems back to a closed Nioh group on Facebook, where someone from that group shared the goods with the Nioh Reddit.

Topic in question is here (*possible spoiler warning, obviously*)

Not 100% verified (hence why I never bothered making another topic on the finding), but it stems back to a closed Nioh group on Facebook, where someone from that group shared the goods with the Nioh Reddit.

Topic in question is here (*possible spoiler warning, obviously*)

Hmmm I don't know, seems kinda sketchy.

I'll wait for an official news.

Squire

Banned
This plus being able to play as different characters and everything about this game is just pure gold for me.

You can play as different characters??

Shin-chan

This game is just too hype for me. Neir as well.

It's been too long since we've had awesome action games releasing like that. Bloodborne was maybe the last one (I don't consider Dark Souls to be quite the same).

Now Capcom has to come out swinging with their Onimusha reboot and DMC5.

Don't really care for either of the demo bonus items style wise. (Though the second give me new hope that the equipment might be more varied than I initially feared, which is promising.)

The "Appearance Copy" system is greatly welcome though. I suggested this general idea in both surveys, and it seems others did too, so I'm glad it's being implemented. The hodgepodge look of mixing the different items just for the best stats was not very fun.

An issue just occurred to me- is the transmog appearance of the armor restricted to its weight class?

It would be silly if you can transmog a light armor with the appearance of a heavy armor.

J-Skee

Holy crap, that Alpha helmet. I hope they release it for others to buy down the line. Never got a chance to finish the Alpha.

Baalzebup

This game is just too hype for me. Nier as well.

It's been too long since we've had awesome action games releasing like that. Bloodborne was maybe the last one (I don't consider Dark Souls to be quite the same).

Now Capcom has to come out swinging with their Onimusha reboot and DMC5.
Sauce on bolded? I don't remember seeing anything even resembling a confirmation on this. The closest plausible thing is the thread about Nolan North doing some DMC teasing with updates about Langdon and Southworth joining in the teasing. A promising tease to be sure, but that is all that is at this point.
The Ninja Frog Boss is named "大蝦婆" or "Otomeko"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE_uDgeTML0
The boss looks cool, though I can't help shaking my head at the play style.

IvorB

I don't think I'm going to look at anymore boss footage. I don't want to spoil any more bosses. Sounds like ninja Kermit is really cool so it's pretty tempting to take a peak. :-(

Shin-chan

Sauce on bolded? I don't remember seeing anything even resembling a confirmation on this. The closest plausible thing is the thread about Nolan North doing some DMC teasing with updates about Langdon and Southworth joining in the teasing. A promising tease to be sure, but that is all that is at this point.

The boss looks cool, though I can't help shaking my head at the play style.

There is no source. I'm just speculating that it's in the oven. And I'm pretty sure it is, unless Itsuno is doing Capcoms taxes.

Kalentan

You can play as different characters?

Well how I think it works is that the game has no dual audio option because there is only one audio option in the game. This is in due part to William actually speaking English to characters and them responding back in what English they know. So characters who will speak Japanese will do so with subtitles and those who speak English will have Japanese subtitles for the JPN release.

Top Bottom