• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Thread: Defy Death

Is the Mark of the Conqueror installed through the save file of the Alpha? Or is it a standard DLC added to my download list, which I can redownload at will? Because I deleted the Alpha from my console. Do I still have the Mark?

BigEmil

You're always facing the locked on enemy now. I liked the old way better cuz it let you react quickly to mid fight ambushes.
Oh no! Damnit who suggested this in the feedback survey? Hopefully there's another that gives us the option of the original lock on..... :mad:

Low stance Ki (recovery) strikes are gone and you're no longer out of breath if your stamina bar is entirely depleted. Kind of lame.

Might try it again to see if the changes actually make the game playable now ;)
The game was plenty playable before, it's on you for not understanding the mechanics if you felt it wasn't.

brawly

Low stance Ki (recovery) strikes are gone and you're no longer out of breath if your stamina bar is entirely depleted. Kind of lame.

The game was plenty playable before, it's on you for not understanding the mechanics if you felt it wasn't.

Fuck. This sucks big time. Ugh...sometimes just stick to your vision.

Amazing. So a bunch of people who couldnt be bothered to learn the game got their way?

Running out of breath and managing your ki was awesome once you got the hang of it. Did they remove that completely? Low Ki removal could just be a balance thing, how does it work with mid/high?

Why did they change the lock on?? Before, you could manually enter the dark souls style of lock on with a button press, but the freedom to move was also better. They got rid of it?

Shin-chan

At least there's another opportunity for feedback following this so we can suggest putting certain abilities/ options back in.

Classic Team Ninja over correction of issues that create a whole host of others lol.

Does anybody know where I can download the mark of the conquer DLC. I beat the boss, but never got around to downloading it. Hopefully it still remembers my save, since I deleted the actual alpha awhile back.

brawly

They should make a "did you prefer demo 1 or 2" kind of survey. By the look of things I'll definitely take part in that one.

BigEmil

:(

They should make a "did you prefer demo 1 or 2" kind of survey. By the look of things I'll definitely take part in that one.
Yes please! 1 all day

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I won't be able to try the demo till tonight but this is pretty disappointing to hear some of the changes.

YoungOne

That's lame they need to put those two things back in.

Why did they change the lock on?? Before, you could manually enter the dark souls style of lock on with a button press, but the freedom to move was also better. They got rid of it?
The lock-on change is overblown. You still retain freedom of movement when you hold the run button. The compromise is fine.

IKizzLE

The lock on camera is better and the low stance key charge in the first beta was way too spammy.
The out of breath mechanic was just dumb to begin with.

Fine with all of these changes.

The lock on camera is better and the low stance key charge in the first beta was way too spammy.
The out of breath mechanic was just dumb to begin with.

Fine with all of these changes.

yeah this is where i am leaning. the minority will be complaining though

I'm fine with the lock-on (heck, even the out of breath to some extent) being changed but the timing of the ki pulse was part of what made the game so much fun for me and, above all, made it feel different. Legit disappointed by its removal. I guess those negative energy areas are out as well since you cleaned them with the pulse?

LOL they renamed ninjutsu to ninja

Hope so. it was in the alpha.

"Dumb gaijins won't get our grorious terminorogy!"
"Erm, Naruto is one of the most popular anime in the west, so.."
"Urusai! My grorious vision is unshakaburu!"
"Please, stop talking with this accent..."
"Urusai! For this, remove a good feature from the game, as punishumenuto! BATSUUUUU!!!!"

Begaria

The out of breath mechanic was dumb. Glad they got rid of it. Now, instead of being harshly punished for not being mindful, you'll be punished by just not having the stamina to dodge or attack. Accessibility doesn't necessarily mean it makes the game bad.

Having said that, they should've kept the Low Stance ki restore in. It was partially why Low Stance was appealing - low stance for quick hits to sucker the enemy in, quick dodge for your Ki back, hit Mid or High Stance to finish them off. This is a change I can't quite grasp.

Top Bottom