• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Hands on impressions (Gamespot)

kris.

Banned
Great video.

Just picking up one point he said there, you can land on a planet that is literally the size of Earth and because of the scale of it there could be a million people already on it and it's entirely possible that you'll never meet anybody else.

That x 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planet sized planets.

This is exactly why I'm so excited for this game. It's fucking massive and it hurts my brain trying to comprehend any of this. I've always loved the idea of exploring our universe but realize that we'll never have those capabilities within my lifetime, this game lets you kinda feel what what would be like. I'm so fucking pumped for this.

I really hope you can fly by stars and stuff, too. Imagine getting near a supergiant in your tiny little ship. Mind boner.

Hopeford

This seems pretty cool. Frankly not sure I actually get what you do in the game in spite of reading everything, but that's fine with me. The art style and goal of exploring and discovering is enough for me. I figure finding out what you actually do/how the game works will be part of the fun, so I'm looking forward to it.

Are there any rumours regarding a release date? Also, have they said how graphically intensive the game is gonna be or hinted at specs? I'm planning on upgrading my pc soon anyway so it's no big deal either way, just curious.

HBP

Saying "nothing to do" in a thread where there is tons of info posted in the OP isn't exactly a valid piece of criticism.

I didn't mean that specifically, but anyhow I am curious how this game turns out, I doubt I will be able to play it though because flying games and games with color pallets like this give me really bad motion sickness. Still curious to see how it turns out on release though, even if it doesn't live up to the hype at least it's a fresh new idea.

Soi-Fong

I'm not expecting Spore and I think it's silly to say that's how it will be, but ya know, I'm a bit worried about this, too. And I think many people who are defending it hardcore probably have some reservations about it as well if they're honest with themselves.

I have my fingers crossed, but we're talking about a small developer who has no proven credentials with this sort of thing. It is not impossible this doesn't end up the miracle game some of want it to be. Just saying, I can understand the scepticism at this point. People who say stuff like 'well what do you do?' are different, but people who question how enjoyable it will all be and deep it will all be have a point.

The biggest thing I'm worried about with this game is what's happening currently to Elite. It's that there's not enough to do.

Choice is good in these vastly open world games, but it's good to have a slight semblance of direction as well.

The biggest thing will be trying to get the players grounded in this galaxy. They have to get it right where the player cares about their place in the universe and actually cares about the universe that they're in.

Elite's biggest problem with new players is overwhelming them to the point where they don't know where to start. So, NMS surely has its work cut out for it.

Stuff like planetary landings are cool the first few times I imagine, but the sheen will wear off quick and there has to be something there to keep the players going in the world.

If your game world is randomly generated and unique (?), seems like running into other players would not make sense.

Not that I don't think it would be a cool feature.

It's not randomly generated or unique so it's entirely possible. It uses a noise algorithm that returns the same output given the same input. So two people in the same spot will be seeing the exact same landscape.

Game looks amazing. Definitely one of my most anticipated releases, particularly now that it will be released for PC at the same time as PS4.

I think the big question mark for this game is how well this procedural generation actually works. I'm particularly concerned with how it will generate unique lifeforms. Most of the stuff we have seen don't really look that alien at all...

Every planet seems to have a bunch of dinosaurs and deer with different color palettes. Not that that isn't cool but... well I wan't some really alien aliens. Ultimately though it comes down to variety, will I still be surprised by some random creature/planet/phenomenon I find 100+ hours into the game?

They have stated that things get weirder and more dangerous the closer you get to the center of the universe. We've seen flying air jellyfish things, we've seen giant burrowing worms, I think we'll see a lot of really weird stuff the further we get into the game.

But make no mistake, they are using prefab "pieces" to create these creatures algorithmically. How much variety we'll see will be largely determined by what sort of constraints they place on each animal, and how big of a pool of "pieces" each animal can draw from to be "built".

AFAIK they aren't using a fully-procedural animation system like Spore, so there are only so many different types of creatures they can ultimately make. A deer creature will always move like a deer creature, no matter how many horns or tails or how big or small it is. It might adapt to having longer or shorter legs, but it's still going to move like a 4-legged hoofed animal.

New impressions from someone who got to go to an exclusive press preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9dHHZNkcZk

So you can "discover" resources that you can also upload to the beacon for credits. You only upload the discovery of the resources, and you keep the actual resources you gathered.

He also said Sean mentioned that, once you leave your starting planet, you can play through the game without ever setting foot on another planet again. You can make all of you money and resources by attacking other ships/freighters.

There are two ways to get fuel. You can mine resources for fuel, and you can buy fuel.

Thanks for the video. One interesting detail I noticed is how he described the inventory system for the ship. He mentions "upgrade slots" that are essentially empty storage slots that you can fill with systems, upgrades and cargo space. And the same thing applies to your weapon as well as your suit. I'm assuming it's similar to Elite Dangerous, so if you want to have a large cargo space, you'll need to assign the slots to cargo, sacrificing other abilities like better scanning systems or weapons. Same thing with the weapon and suit, you could potentially have a suit that works very well underwater as well as in acidic environments but it's shit for radioactive and high temperature environments (because you didn't put those upgrades in).

dubq

So much hate for anyone that has any criticism towards this game.

I didn't mean that specifically, but anyhow I am curious how this game turns out, I doubt I will be able to play it though because flying games and games with color pallets like this give me really bad motion sickness. Still curious to see how it turns out on release though, even if it doesn't live up to the hype at least it's a fresh new idea.

Untrue. Any vitriol I see is aimed at these "nothing to do" trolls and not people who have concerns over motion sickness, etc.

Sotha_Sil

The point of contention for me is relying so much on randomly generated environments. We'll see if that comes to be true or not.

Z3M0G

I thought I didn't have questions, and wouldn't fall into the "what do you do crowd", but my problem is I thought I DID understand everything about the game... and now I am not so sure.

- You can rename planets and animals you discover. But why? I always believed that if I discover something first, I name it... and if another player happens upon it, they would see it as "previously discovered by Z3M0G", and see these things by the name I assigned to them. Is this really not the case? If so, why am I naming stuff at all? But for this to work, there needs to be a central database that we are all connecting to to pull and update this information.

- I haven't read the full thread yet, but it sounds like we are convinced that it is impossible for 2 players to encounter each other in the game, based sole on how we understand the game to be designed, procedurally generated at all times (only a basic formula for a planet exists in a database table, and the world layout is generated randomly each visit), and the silly idea that we should have multiplayer servers for encounters that mathematically may NEVER occur. But if this is true... why don't they give us a definitive "No"? Why say Journey was an influence? I suspect that there may indeed be a server dedicated to watching for occurrences where two players arrive in system 234,454,865,345 at the same time, and spin up a server session to allow these two players to interact with each other... something completely minimal in implementation. They could be testing the shit out of it right now to make sure it is bug free, even if they believe themselves that it could be months/years (yes real months/years) until two players actually encounter each other and spin up that server instance.

These are things I expected from day 1. Don't get me wrong... I'll buy it even if these two things turn out to be false, but I'll be disappointed.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
One question I have is how online is structured. Will this be one giant server? If I tell my friend to meet me at a certain planet can we?

Z3M0G

One question I have is how online is structured. Will this be one giant server? If I tell my friend to meet me at a certain planet can we?

I expect that to be a definitive "No". They don't want this to be a game where two people can intentionally meet up with each other. If players can meet each other, it will be like Journey, where you will just happen upon another random player.

But I believe it is 100% clear that you can not play directly with chosen friends.

The point of contention for me is relying so much on randomly generated environments. We'll see if that comes to be true or not.

There really isn't a choice... you can't contain the layout and terrain of that many planets and store it... instead each planet has a "formula" (even storing that many formulas isn't logical... they likely have a "master formula" which generates the formulas for all those planets.)

So there is no choice other than to generate each planet randomly, based on its pre-generated formula. Each time you visit a planet, it will be different. But would never really visit any planet more than once, so it isn't really an issue...

Warewolf

God damn, progression by uploading discoveries is such a smart move, If someone finds a hyper resource-rich planet they are tangibly rewarded if they share it with the player base. While also providing a risk/reward balance if they want to be cheeky and just mine it all and leave the beacon for other players. Hot shit.

I'm not into the minecraft style crafting obscurity, but that's only because I experienced the worst part of that early on when there weren't any easily found resources for understanding it, and all I wanted to do was build a damn door. I think the idea of that sort of game is so common now that it won't be an issue with NMS but still, wary.

Otherwise this game just gets more interesting. Which is saying a lot.

Nope. Sean said fan requested features like that would be something the team would add in as a free update after launch, but his original vision for the game does not include base building.

Really hoping this is their focus for post-support.

It's too good of a feature not to have, and while NMS offers their own endless exploration and creative worlds, they would get a lot out of players imprinting their own creativity via building things.

They already have loot and crafting and collecting things, I hope they consider building.

I think it'd be super cool if I could find other players, rare as it may be, and travel together. Imagine meeting someone, and exploring only the neighbouring stars and planets to create a kind of homebase.

It'd be so cool

There's one giant Database, called the Atlas, that stores the position of all online players, the names of animals and planets that have been discovered, and probably the discovery status of all known Points of Interest. If there are enemy bases that can be cleared out by players, the status of those will probably be tracked as well.

Everything else will likely be stored on each client's machine. Your inventory, your ship, your weapon, your suit, your discovered resources and POI.

For player to player interaction to occur, there would also need to be a P2P network layer running all the time. If that is the case, then the Atlas would transmit the IP address of nearby players to each other so they can connect and interact. Then it's just a matter of syncing creature position, AIs and destruction for players that are near each other. Not a particularly easy task, and one that seems sort of wasteful for how little we will supposedly see other players.

I thought I didn't have questions, and wouldn't fall into the "what do you do crowd", but my problem is I thought I DID understand everything about the game... and now I am not so sure.

- You can rename planets and animals you discover. But why? I always believed that if I discover something first, I name it... and if another player happens upon it, they would see it as "previously discovered by Z3M0G", and see these things by the name I assigned to them. Is this really not the case? If so, why am I naming stuff at all? But for this to work, there needs to be a central database that we are all connecting to to pull and update this information.

The moment you select a solar system you will see its procedural name. In the same way, the moment you arrive at a planet for the first time, you will see its procedural name. Think of it more like a latin name of a plant (sunflowers belong the the genus Helianthus etc.). As you scan a planet, you see those points of interest. Once you discover a required number/percentage of the planet and upload said data to one of the beacons, you'll be given the option of giving the planet your own desired custom name. I'm guessing something similar will be implemented for animal and plant life.

And yes, all of the discoveries and names can be uploaded to the Atlas (a central database, or as Sean describes it, like a collective "pokedex") for everybody to access.

- I haven't read the full thread yet, but it sounds like we are convinced that it is impossible for 2 players to encounter each other in the game, based sole on how we understand the game to be designed, procedurally generated at all times (only a basic formula for a planet exists in a database table, and the world layout is generated randomly each visit), and the silly idea that we should have multiplayer servers for encounters that mathematically may NEVER occur. But if this is true... why don't they give us a definitive "No"? Why say Journey was an influence? I suspect that there may indeed be a server dedicated to watching for occurrences where two players arrive in system 234,454,865,345 at the same time, and spin up a server session to allow these two players to interact with each other... something completely minimal in implementation. They could be testing the shit out of it right now to make sure it is bug free, even if they believe themselves that it could be months/years (yes real months/years) until two players actually encounter each other and spin up that server instance.

These are things I expected from day 1. Don't get me wrong... I'll buy it even if these two things turn out to be false, but I'll be disappointed.

Yeah, that part is interesting and very obscure for now. It's pretty weird to build a server and multiplayer architecture within the game for a feature that will be scarcely or even never used. They are obviously hiding something that might be very important to the lore or crucial gameplay element that we'll need to discover for ourselves, but at the same time they don't want to straight out say that there will not be any chance at all of encountering another player. With that said, even if we do have some sort of Journey-esque multiplayer system, people shouldn't really expect to team up with their friends.

What I mean is, even if you manage to fly to the same planet, the matchmaking system will probably work in a way that might not pair the two of you together in the same instance. Then again, if it's just the two of you (which is a very likely scenario if you manage to pull off the meet), then there won't really be anyone else to pair you up with, so you'll meet each other. The circumstances may change dramatically if there are in fact a lot of people (say 50) in the same solar system or the same planet, and, say, the server will always support a maximum of 5-10 people. Then you'll have no control on who you actually run into, at least not unless you have a friend list that influences this choice.

The chance of meeting up also depends a lot on the tools they give to the player for orientation in the galactic map.

As people have mentioned before, things might get more crowded as people start getting to the center. Still, we don't really know how all of this will turn up, but my guess is that they'd like other players to meet eventually, but to have their interaction severely limited.

Squalor

It feels silly to complain about something so tiny given the scale of the rest of the game, but it is kind of disappointing that each ecosystem on each planet are pretty static.

todahawk

I feel like these massive survival games like Minecraft, DayZ, or No Man's Sky don't show well at these large events.

How can you possibly show all of the potential interactions and motivations in a minute window, or have someone just pick up and play a demo for a preview. The answer is you can't.

These shallow AAA games actually do shine under these scenarios. They are focus tested to have nearly constant stimulation, and are generally built around one button for simplicity. Journalists can easily pick up and play at any moment, and would be very easy to set a quick demo up to show off at a press conference.

Yes, you can buy unique ships in every solar system it sounds like.

Very, very well put.
During some of the NMS videos I've watched the guys are overwhelmed at how much there is to do. The TV Queue guy said something along the lines of he had a hard time wrapping his head around everything.

I think the emergent gameplay is gonna be a blast and I can't wait to just cruise solar systems in my ship and sight-see. I like that you can be a scoundrel and fight and scavenge or you can trader or explore. I'm also glad HG and Sean aren't spoiling everything and rereleasing every detail and tons of minutiae. They clearly want to preserve the sense of discovery.

Z3M0G

The moment you select a solar system you will see its procedural name. In the same way, the moment you arrive at a planet for the first time, you will see its procedural name. Think of it more like a latin name of a plant (sunflowers belong the the genus Helianthus etc.). As you scan a planet, you see those points of interest. Once you discover a required number/percentage of the planet and upload said data to one of the beacons, you'll be given the option of giving the planet your own desired custom name. I'm guessing something similar will be implemented for animal and plant life.

And yes, all of the discoveries and names can be uploaded to the Atlas (a central database, or as Sean describes it, like a collective "pokedex") for everybody to access.

Yeah, that part is interesting and very obscure for now. It's pretty weird to build a server and multiplayer architecture within the game for a feature that will be scarcely or even never used. They are obviously hiding something that might be very important to the lore or crucial gameplay element that we'll need to discover for ourselves, but at the same time they don't want to straight out say that there will not be any chance at all of encountering another player. With that said, even if we do have some sort of Journey-esque multiplayer system, people shouldn't really expect to team up with their friends.

What I mean is, even if you manage to fly to the same planet, the matchmaking system will probably work in a way that might not pair the two of you together in the same instance. Then again, if it's just the two of you (which is a very likely scenario if you manage to pull off the meet), then there won't really be anyone else to pair you up with, so you'll meet each other. The circumstances may change dramatically if there are in fact a lot of people (say 50) in the same solar system or the same planet, and, say, the server will always support a maximum of 5-10 people. Then you'll have no control on who you actually run into, at least not unless you have a friend list that influences this choice.

The chance of meeting up also depends a lot on the tools they give to the player for orientation in the galactic map.

As people have mentioned before, things might get more crowded as people start getting to the center. Still, we don't really know how all of this will turn up, but my guess is that they'd like other players to meet eventually, but to have their interaction severely limited.

Thanks, I actually just started watching this video and it seems to clear up some of my concerns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9dHHZNkcZk

like how some things are indeed persisted so that players can know another player was previously on a planet (likely just the naming information).

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I'd guess because the feeling of exploring doesn't show up well on a screen, unlike Ubisoft collectathon or FPS/TPS action.

Let's take Freelancer, which was more traditional in a variety of ways. If you were to watch people play though, a lot of the time is spent in trade lanes or what looks like empty space. The time between battles looks boring as fuck. However, if you're into the premise of the game and like sci fi, that travel time and hostile and empty systems make the game. They provide the atmosphere.

Freelancer had a plot and a hand crafted world. This game will really be like mine craft in space. Which is great for some people I guess.

legacyzero

Banned
So much hate for anyone that has any criticism towards this game.
Absolutely UNTRUE. The hate is going towards those that cant take fucking FIVE mintes to read OPs, read about the game, watch some video interviews, etc, and then run in threads like these and yell " BUT WAT DU YOO DOO? HERPDERP".

Also, for those that just cant seem to accept what this game is: whatever the fuck you want it to be. And they just wanna know "the thing" to do in this game.

It's really simple.

cackhyena

So this is me being lazy, but I haven't searched out all the info on this game. These sentinels or whatever, are they on every planet? If so, that's gonna get old.

Akronis

Game sounds great, but so did Elite Dangerous. I really hope the depth of crafting and planet landings spice up the gameplay because Elite Dangerous is sooooo monotonous.

It's awesome that they're using the x64 bit architecture to its full potential in terms of sheer size, but I can't help but feel that it's unnecessary overkill. Like anytime you're describing something in quintillions that's probably not a good thing unless you just like the idea of big numbers. You can get the same effect of infinitesimal scope several magnitudes down, and probably increase player satisfaction too by increasing the likelihood of interactions between players or player explored areas. Zooming out for a minute to see the scope is cool, but our brains are just overwhelmed by that kind of size, we need to be able to comprehend the system in order to best interact with it in a meaningful way. Sort of a weird version of choice paralysis.

Grief.exe

Absolutely UNTRUE. The hate is going towards those that cant take fucking FIVE mintes to read OPs, read about the game, watch some video interviews, etc, and then run in threads like these and yell " BUT WAT DU YOO DOO? HERPDERP".

Also, for those that just cant seem to accept what this game is: whatever the fuck you want it to be. And they just wanna know "the thing" to do in this game.

It's really simple.

Stamping out ignorance should be the top goal of this board at this point. The signal to noise ratio is getting terrible.

Damn this Danny O'Dwyer stuff is getting out of hand.

Danny O'Dwyer is wrong in saying you can't see other players even if you come across them. He even said "as far as I know" which indicates he himself knew he wasn't making a sure statement. Sean has said on multiple occasions that you can see players if you happen to come across them. I will link multiple sources if necessary. It's an aspect of that game that they've put a lot of deliberate thought into.

What does "Crafting at the atomic level" actually mean? And don't tell me that i should get the game first to find out.

From the OP

"The game's crafting system looks set to be intrinsically complicated but rich and intentionally obscure, for instance. After mining resources in pure atomic form you can combine them into more valuable molecules, and gradually build up complex crafted material for selling, or to use to upgrade your ship, exploration suit or weapons. Hello Games will not document how this works before launch, instead -- in the style of Minecraft -- leaving it up to players to discover."

todahawk

Nope. They arent everywhere.

...and the last video I watched Sean told them that they don't come out for simple basic mining of resources. It sounded like you have pass a certain point before they act as well.
It doesn't sound like the issue in GTA5 where you kill one guy with a silenced pistol on top of Mt. Chiliad and you instantly have a one star and cops flying up the hill within 15 seconds.

It feels silly to complain about something so tiny given the scale of the rest of the game, but it is kind of disappointing that each ecosystem on each planet are pretty static.

It's too bad that there is only one biome per planet.

Would have been nice to see, for example, ice caps on a planet's north/south poles, or a desert/jungle mix.

I can understand that it's hard to do, however.

I hope we can discover something like a super dense forest... I wonder if the game's algorithm allows for that.

It would be pretty hard, no?

Imagine a planet that is so thick with foliage or just items everywhere...will there be a lot of open land as compensation? Does every planet have that compromise?

Personally, I think the fact that we have so many questions is great. Such a concept will invite so many questions, but I kind of want to know how it all works.

Sean said there is generally only one biome per planet, which means you probably can find multibiome planets, they'd just be extra rare.

Santar

So I listened to Joystiq's interview with Sean Murray to find out more about the offline support.
Apparently you can't earn money by making discoveries when offline, which kinda takes away a huge part of the game.

Kinda weird as he did say the offline mode was quite a bit of extra work and it was something they always tried to support with their games whenever possible.

One would think they'd be able to put in some offline atlas system or something.
When you're putting extra work to make the game work offline why not make it work completely?

I've been on board since day one. All I need to know at this point is the release date!

As soon as I saw the post on Steam, I was ready to pre-order! But alas, no release date means no pre-order, so I just ended up adding it to my wish list.

Will be the 1st game that I will be pre-order when the release date is announced.

Also, according to Greg Miller and from today's episode of C&G Live, Greg mentioned that we might here a release date really soon. Check the twitch archive here.

Amir0x

Banned
I used to ask 'what do you do' because everything they showed pointed to this being a PSN game that was just about exploring. Just fly and look at cool design and nothing else.

After reading that piece, I really think that's what this should have been. Something about wanted level and space fights doesn't mesh with how this was presented at first. I wonder if someone got to him and said he had a really cool framework of a game but he needed to add a bunch of modern game mechanics. I feel like I'm reading about GTA in space now and I don't think I want that. I think I would have taken 'you don't do anything'

The information about the robot guardians attacking you if you start destroying the landscape is ancient, one of the earlier bits of info we got on the game. So is the fact that the more you keep fucking up these landscapes, the more will come and the more difficult it would be to escape.

The only new element about that system we learned at E3 is that the level of severity of response is actually represented by levels. So, fascinating. Sean is not being convinced to change the game for anyone, ya'll just do not do your research. Which is cool. But when you're making your conjecture, it'd probably be cool if you didn't make up elaborate storylines about how the developer is being manipulated into making a game he didn't originally envision simply because you haven't adequately followed along.

I'd be interested to see the gaming culture/history and ages of the 'get it/don't get it' posters.

I'm guessing a lot of those that don't are both younger and/or have never really gamed on a PC (and when I say 'PC' I don't just mean Wintel or Apple).

I would also hazard a guess that older gamers, especially from Europe, and PC gamers will get this a lot quicker as they've either played the earlier iterations of Elite - for example I reckon a lot of UK gamers around my age (42) and older will have played a version of the original on a BBC 'B' Micro, and will have known exactly what SM was going for from the first reveal, and if not then from the first round of interviews.

PC gamers would get the basic ideas as well simply because there have been so many similar games, whether set in space or elsewhere, where you the player are dropped in the game world and left to make you own way in the game without an overarching narrative.

Anyway, I'll leave the meta stuff alone...

This is exactly what I was going to say.

I grew up playing "Elite", "Mercenary" & "Ultima IV", and I got NMS immediately from the first reveal and imagined it would be my kind of game and great to play.

The idea that people don't get it, I find quite baffling.

GhaleonEB

So basically mine iron and coal and combine that to steel.

Basically, though probably much more complex. I'm guessing it's like, you mine rock and get various elements from that rock. You then combine those elements with others you have found in order to make building materials, and then use various building materials to sell, or for use upgrading ship/armor.

If they really take it far, some atomic combinations might form a type of steel, but others might make a stronger version of steel, or a lighter version, or alter it to something else entirely, for example.

It's too bad that there is only one biome per planet.

Would have been nice to see, for example, ice caps on a planet's north/south poles, or a desert/jungle mix.

I hope we can discover something like a super dense forest... I wonder if the game's algorithm allows for that.

I think a planet that would be as diverse ecologically as we have here on Earth would be pretty rare. Still, even though I wouldn't expect to see much diversity in ecological (or even geological) makeup, I'd still love to explore the shit out of Europa and Mars, so I'm all for whatever that universe has to offer me in terms of exploration.

I wouldn't be surprised however to see their algorithm allow for tall snowy peaks in an otherwise ecologically one-note place.

I think a planet that would be as diverse ecologically as we have here on Earth would be pretty rare. Still, even though I wouldn't expect to see much diversity in ecological (or even geological) makeup, I'd still love to explore the shit out of Europa and Mars, so I'm all for whatever that universe has to offer me in terms of exploration.

I wouldn't be surprised however to see their algorithm allow for tall snowy peaks in an otherwise ecologically one-note place.

That's what I want to know... caves, mountains, underwater depth (will there be different life forms the deeper you go? Will light penetrate to the ocean floor? Is the planet 3D? Can I dig deep into caves and carve out the world?)

Ahh so many questions. I am confident in the game, I just am so curious about it. There's just so many possibilities that I have to wonder if they are in the game or not.

And this is why i'm not so hot on pre-ordering. I'm not fan of them making things sound more complicated or grander compared to what they actually will be.

Don't pre-order if you're on the fence. Something that's great about a game on the scale that NMS is aiming for, is that even if you want to take a month post-release to comb over reviews and impressions, you're not going to be LTTP because the likelihood of you coming across a planet having been discovered previously will likely be rare, especially in the early stages. As you make you way towards the center however you're more likely to find more activity, but no more so than the rest of us that jump in day one.

Top Bottom