• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

Shojx

This saddens my soul, as FFXV was the title I was looking forward to hearing about the most this year. After last year, I thought it would only make sense to blow us away this year with an amazing trailer showing off FFXV in its (what I had hoped would be) nearly completed state. I wasn't REALLY expecting much for KH3 outside of a possible teaser trailer, which I suppose we technically got early. *sigh*

Koozek

...I can only think it'd be FFXVI: Online, like FFXIV, but...why?

Huh, wat, how did you come to this conclusion? oO How does it make sense to release another FF MMO after they just restarted with ARR? MMO are a long-term business. FFXI was their most profitable FF ever.

I thought this was a 2015 title but maybe it's even later if they don't have anything to show yet. Especially considering that SE is generally cool with adding 5 seconds of content to an old trailer and calling it new. Hopefully it's not back to the drawing board on the title.

UberTag

Japanese developers didn't learn a single thing from last gen.
At least we'll always have Poland.

Yes, this is what it has come down to.
The entire nation of Japan.
Who once pioneered game development and were trailblazers in the industry.
Have now been outclassed by Poland.

I blame cronyism. They should be firing all of their devs like the Western pubs in Schreier's Kotaku article.

Moosichu

So, Final Fantasy XVI - but it's a glorious return to 2D, it's a $29 downloadable title with the scope and magnatitude of the SNES games but with all the conventions of modern day gaming. It's also releasing this fall on Xbox Live, PSN and the eShop.

... I fucking wish. Argh. Argh.

So, Miscrostransactions right?

HeelPower

It's not necessarily that they don't have anything to show (by their own words it's advancing well, if it wasn't they'd give more vague statements), but if they are planning to release the game, say, on December 14th 2015, from the PR department's POV it's not the "optimal" time to start showing it again almost 1,5 years from release, even if that is a spit in the face of fans who've waited for 8 years already. If it has that kind of planned release date, then TGS is probably the earliest they are going to show it again, then it'll go silent for a few months again and then in Q2 they'd start ramping up the marketing blitz for the game.

Famassu, its time to give up.

They have nothing to show because they didn't make any substantial progress.

It seems like last year's showing was a desperate attempt to cling to relevance and most of it was fake footage.

Soma

538ef43499fee6wuof.jpg

Hey it's Yu Narukami 50 years from now.

I'm just wondering what does Square have in its portfolio this year. Only thing I know about is a Hitman mobile game and a HD remake. Maybe Tomb Raider will show but I don't see that releasing this year. Their financial reports next fiscal year will be terrible.

HeelPower

I would seriously love that.

Do you guys really think SE is competent enough to prepare a TRILOGY remaster in a reasonable time ?

I think that's almost impossible.I highly doubt they have anything for PS4 other than FF14.

Yoshi-P is a miracle.

Shocking.

I'll never understand why they didn't just cut their losses, quietly cancel Versus XIII and start fresh with a new mainline entry for the PS4/XONE.

I am shocked, shocked that there's nothing new to be announced about this. I mean, seriously, my mind is blown.

I originally said 2016, but now I'm starting to doubt that too.

Shinta

Banned
They have nothing to show because they didn't make any substantial progress.
Well, that is entirely not even possible. The game was already pretty far along, and they've been at it for a year now. They said they're going to show it this year, so I guess we just have to wait a bit longer.

It's not vaporware. It's a mainline FF game.

Do you guys really think SE is competent enough to prepare a TRILOGY remaster in a reasonable time ?.
Sure, why not? They did a great job with Tomb Raider. First company to even have one out actually.

Bruno MB

Even though Final Fantasy XV development has become a joke, I feel it is extremely unfair to compare its situation to The Last Guardian. When it comes to vaporware, the latter is in a category of its own.

leadbelly

Banned
lol

Amazing! You've outdone yourself Square-Enix. I was expecting you to churn out another 3 minute trailer made up of mostly recycled footage and 20 seconds of new footage, but no, you're not even going to do that,

It's like they not only don't care about their own incompetence, they've embraced it with pride.

reply was that it was not the 'optimal' timing to release anything new about FFXV

They've missed a whole generation and now we're close to the second E3 since the next-gen began, and it's not yet the 'optimal' time to release new information on the game?

Are they that out of touch with reality?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just wondering what does Square have in its portfolio this year. Only thing I know about is a Hitman mobile game and a HD remake. Maybe Tomb Raider will show but I don't see that releasing this year. Their financial reports next fiscal year will be terrible.

Well they probably have the next Hitman, Tomb Raider and Sleepings Dogs 2 but who knows if they're showing those.

Shinta

Banned
Well they probably have the next Hitman, Tomb Raider and Sleepings Dogs 2 but who knows if they're showing those.

And Deus Ex Universe. And Just Cause 3. Even in their "OMG so incompetent" years they'll have probably 5+ major games.

Other companies like Bethesda will have zero.

And they just announced SQEX is working with the Remember Me developers on a digital title today as well. Who knows if we get a trailer for that.

Disappointing, but really, at this point, I pretty much expect to hear nothing about this game until SE is standing on stage, literally talking about it. Even then, I'll think they're just BSing us!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys really think SE is competent enough to prepare a TRILOGY remaster in a reasonable time ?

I think that's almost impossible.I highly doubt they have anything for PS4 other than FF14.

Yoshi-P is a miracle.

They can always outsource:p If they outsource it to the Chinese company and did FFX HD we would at least get better textures of LR but everyone's face will get redesigned for no good reason and look weird.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Haha holy shit this is gettin legendary. I have a ton of friends who bougth the PS3 for this game (and the underwhelming 13), and its still nowhere to be seen lol.

Taruranto

I don't care about XV because I doubt it's going to be a good game, but man, isn't this whole thing entertaining as hell?

popcorn.gif

Remember when SE said they were wrong by announcing shit and not showing anything else for so much time?

Yeah....

I hope unnanounced game is another Lightning game, just for laughs.

Are we sure he was talking about E3 as being not the optimal time to make announcements about FFXV? Or was he talking about that Kingdom Hearts event being not the optimal time to make FFXV announcements?

Koozek

Well, now I'm hyped for an eventual FFXVI, at least :D I'm just going to believe Verendus. He was (mostly) right last year. Reminder:

I can spill the following comfortably though since I think this developer is a bit of a joke, and I think people are beginning to suspect this anyway. Versus XIII will have another unveiling later this year regarding development for the next generation. It won't have the "Versus XIII" part in the title. It will definitely release in 2014. You can have my account deleted if this information turns out to be inaccurate. News is fresh on this and I'm really confident about it. FF15 and FF16 are underway, both next generation projects. There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of. And with that, I'm off to sleep.

BELIEVE.

SgtCobra

Even if Final Fantasy XV development has become a joke, I feel it is extremely unfair to compare its situation to The Last Guardian. When it comes to vaporware, the latter is in a category of its own.
Explain? I don't remember TLG being announced in in 2006.

Axass

What?

What company re-reveals a game at E3 2013 after 6 freakin' years since its first reveal, and then doesn't show it the following year?

WHAT THE HELL SQUARE ENIX YOU WERE COOL ONCE

Sorry, I got carried away.

Deus Ex for the current gen consoles, Hitman for current gen, Hitman Mobile, Tomb Raider 2 and Triad Wars (Sleeping Dogs 2).

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
And Deus Ex Universe. Even in their "OMG so incompetent" years they'll have probably 5+ major games.

Other companies like Bethesda will have zero.

And they just announced SQEX is working with the Remember Me developers on a digital title today as well. Who knows if we get a trailer for that.

Bethesda is just studio belonging to the large parent publisher. Just like how SE is now not just made up of the Japan studios. It's unfair to say that SE is competent and Bethesda is not when you compare one studio of a publisher (Elder Scroll Bethesda) with a few few studios (the SE western studios). It's obvious that when people say that SE is incompetent they're talking specifically about its Japanese studio.

~~Hasan~~

man sometimes i wish the company to go out of business so some new company buy them, fire the idiots running it,. and actually release the game.

this is pathetic

jamsy

Ha, if this turns out true I'll just have to laugh. Square-Enix has truly been less and less relevant with each coming year and at this point all they're doing is churning out crappy mobile games and remakes.

Thank goodness I never cared about this game. Sadly it looks like it's too "Nomura-ized" and I effing hate Nomura. Just give me FFXII for Vita and I'll be happy (unfortunately I fear even if it's announced we won't see it until like 2016).

Top Bottom