• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No New Final Fantasy XV Info at E3 2014

Yasae

Banned
If I were a reviewer, I'd seriously consider lopping off two points based on this game's development schedule. Eight becomes the new ten.

The reactions in this thread... Do you think you are entitled to more information about it? They will get more information out about it when and if they deem it necessary. I don't think anyone is "owed" a preview or status report on any game.

HeelPower

Sure, why not? They did a great job with Tomb Raider. First company to even have one out actually.

Crystal Dynamics did it ,no ?

Anyway Western SE is different.They'll probably release a thousand games before FF15 actually releases.

Even if they do announce a Trilogy remaster , it will be a late 2015 release.

Shinta

Banned
Crystal Dynamics did it ,no ?

Anyway Western SE is different.They'll probably release a thousand games before FF15 actually releases.

Even if they do announce a Trilogy remaster , it will be a late 2015 release.

I'm sure SQEX Japan is competent enough to do an HD remaster. It's a silly question.

Go_Ly_Dow

538ef43499fee6wuof.jpg

the two ppl next to Hashimoto will be ppl from the unannounced project.

Right is probably Kitase and left is probably Toriyama lol.

Was this stated in the interview?

Hatchtag

Banned
The reactions in this thread... Do you think you are entitled to more information about it? They will get more information out about it when and if they deem it necessary. I don't think anyone is "owed" a preview or status report on any game.

If people want to purchase something, they're going to want information on it. People want to purchase this game, so they're pissed off that they're getting information on it incredibly slowly, and that they likely won't be able to purchase it for a longer time. It's not so much a matter of entitlement, but a matter of Square Enix upsetting potential consumers.

It is amazing that we are getting a new Xenoblade game this year by Monolith Soft. , their first HD project AND they are pretty mid-sized (~90 employees for the tokyo studio)...

...and Square Enix with their gigantic ressources can´t get XV out the door.

Edit: I just hope the game delivers.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Square Enix are their own anti-hype machine. This is a game that was initially announced in what 2006? When is the optimal time to tell us more, because going into the 8th year now, and I really don't know all that much about this game?

Axass

So this is about entitlement? I thought it was about Square-Enix being a joke of a company. Which by now is a fact.

I'm not gonna cry because they don't show any new footage, though they're digging their own grave (hyperbole) by upsetting millions of customers. They've been doing it for years and years. I don't have much expertise in the matter but I don't think keeping a sought-after game in development hell for a decade without showing almost anything about it is the right way to run a company.

I've been trying to find a motive for this and I simply can't. E3 IS the best time to showcase the game with a release date.

Is it me or Final Fantasy games were much better before the merger between Squaresoft and Enix?

Hatchtag

Banned
Why is everyone blaming square enix and not nomura?

Is there strong reason to blame Nomura? It's always seemed like not allotting resources correctly has always been this game's big issue, which doesn't really seem like things a director would be a responsible for. Plus, I mean, they employ him. They're kind of more in charge.

Phazon

Hmm pretty disappointed yes. I was looking forward to see and learn more of FF XV, but I'll guess I'll need to get my fix by watching what Nintendo and Monolith Soft tells us about X.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You fucking SUCK, Square. God damn how can you suck so FUCKING MUCH!

-_-

lol the reactions in this thread.

。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。

SquareEnix should really consider outsourcing parts of the game to other teams or developers to get it out quicker, take a Ubisoft like approach to development. I feel like this game has lost so much steam over the past 8 years and slapping a new name on it didn't really help my perception of it. SE management over the past decade has been horrible, I can't imagine how stressful it'd be working for their Japanese arm. Regardless, I got A Realm Reborn so I'm" good for the long run.

EDIT: If Kingdom Hearts III comes out before this game I'll laugh my ass off.

Epcott

Watched the amazing new trailer for The Witcher III, and this news no longer bothers me (ironic because I'm a traditional JRPG gamer).

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
lol the reactions in this thread.

。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。

And here I am in the other thread telling people to calm down when it comes to E3 speculation, but this just rubbed me the wrong way. Lol

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is there strong reason to blame Nomura? It's always seemed like not allotting resources correctly has always been this game's big issue, which doesn't really seem like things a director would be a responsible for. Plus, I mean, they employ him. They're kind of more in charge.

Yeah. And it always seemed like he wanted to talk more about the game since a long time ago and was unable to because of reasons (probably marketing). If there's anything plaguing SE now is that their marketing seems to have taken hold over what can be said. It feels like Yoshi-P is the only real person whereas the rest just sounds apologetic or uninterested or unconvinced by their own words.

Axass

I think its better for SE NOT to announce shit at all at this point..

announcing freaking FF16 would honestly enrage rather than satisfy.Its pointless.

I'd throw a fit instead of being happy. Seriously. It would be the stupidest thing ever. Ship. Final. Fantasy. XV. Before. Announcing. New. Stuff.

UrbanRats

I think its better for SE NOT to announce shit at all at this point..

announcing freaking FF16 would honestly enrage rather than satisfy.Its pointless.

They will show a trailer for FFXV at E3 2015, the logo will break and reform into FFXVI.

Followed by another 2 years with no info.

Top Bottom