• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Nintendo Direct is over...who won non-E3 this June 2024? Nintendo or Microsoft?

who won non-E3? Nintendo or Microsoft?

• Nintendo

• Microsoft

• Both are equally great

Results are only viewable after voting.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Personally I am excited for both lineups. Can't wait to play most of them.

Let's vote anyway. (PC excluded because I want to limit this to console only)

As a recap here's what were shown on both events

Xbox Games Showcase Followed by Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Direct

• Age of Mythology: Retold
  • Avowed
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 6
  • Doom: The Dark Ages
  • Fable
  • Gears of War: E-Day
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
  • Perfect Dark
  • South of Midnight
  • State of Decay 3
  • Assassin's Creed Shadows
  • Atomfall
  • Expedition 33
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
  • FragPunk
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure
  • Mecha Break
  • Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater
  • Mixtape
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • Winter Burrow
  • Wuchang: Fallen Feathers
  • Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred (update)
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (update)
  • Fallout 76 (update)
  • Sea of THieves (update)
  • Starfield (update)
  • World of Warcraft: The War Within (update)

Nintendo Direct

• Mario & Luigi: Brothership
  • Nintendo World Championships NES Edition
  • FAIRY TAIL 2
  • FANTASIAN Neo Dimension
  • MIO: Memories in Orbit
  • Hello Kitty Island Adventure
  • Looney Tunes: Wacky World of Sports
  • Among Us (update)
  • Farmagia
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns HD
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (release date)
  • Dragon Quest I + II HD-2D Remake
  • Funko Fusion
  • The New Denpa Men
  • Metal Slug Attack Reloaded
  • Darkest Dungeon II
  • Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero
  • Disney Illusion Island (update)
  • MARVEL vs CAPCOM Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics
  • Super Mario Party Jamboree
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
  • LEGO Horizon Adventures
  • Stray
  • Tales of the Shire: A The Lord of the Rings Game
  • Just Dance 2025 Edition
  • Ace Attorney Investigations Collection
  • Metroid Prime 4: Beyond
  • The Hundred Line - Last Defense Academy
  • Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Voted MS since only Zelda is interesting in that list of new games for Nintendo.

For ports, Darkest Dungeon 2.

Not as appealing as the MS offering for 2024 imo.

Sorcerer

Maybe Microsoft had a stronger showing (but we have seen many of these games over and over) But Nintendo games actually have a chance of being released within a reasonable time span.
Won't be surprised if Xbox shows some of the same games with still no release date next year. LOL!!!
I hope Fantasian does well for Mistwalker outside of Apple Arcade. Great game!!!

Last edited:

Codes 208

Gold Member
I don't think it's close. Xbox had a much more exciting showcase. I did enjoy the Nintendo Direct, though. The Halo 5 Switch port looks great.
ok this one i dont get, one of the biggest complaints of halo 4 was that the newer artstyle looked like a metroid prime game.

Halo copied metroid first, not the other way around.

Billy Awesomo

Neo Member
Nintendo wins for me, but it was extremely close. Doom just looks sooo good. But it's sort of hard to compare the two as the types of games were vastly different. Switch is a JRPG machine apparently.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You don't have to, only need one. They're practically the same game.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Voted for MS accidentally and you fucked the poll up, I can't change it.

Nintendo because I actually believe all the shit I saw will come out within a year. Microsoft's show was great but I can't say the same.

Sorcerer

The fact that 31% of people voted Nintendo here just shows what an uphill battle Microsoft has.

Microsoft had one of the best summer showcases in a decade+. Nintendo showed some more HD remakes, some of their b-tier franchises, and a lesser Zelda game.
Nintendo is in coast mode until the next Switch and are handling it fairly well in the interm. I wouldn't be complaining at all if I was a Nintendo fan. Could be much, much worse.

Last edited:

begotten

Nintendo had new announcements and release dates.

MS had updates without actual release dates. Like seriously you announce State of Decay 3 in 2020 and then basically re-announce it with a cinematic trailer again?

Edit: Games I will be playing from both so it's kind of close actually, but Nintendo always wins:
  • Doom: Te Dark Ages
  • Fable
  • Gears of War: E-Day
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle
  • Perfect Dark
  • Expedition 33
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.2: Heart of Chornobyl

• Mario & Luigi: Brothership
  • FANTASIAN Neo Dimension
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns HD
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (release date)
  • Dragon Quest I + II HD-2D Remake
  • Metal Slug Attack Reloaded
  • Darkest Dungeon II
  • MARVEL vs CAPCOM Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics
  • Super Mario Party Jamboree
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
  • LEGO Horizon Adventures
  • Ace Attorney Investigations Collection
  • Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

Last edited:
I'm a weeb and not a MS guy, so it's quite an achievement that the Xbox conference had 5 or so games I'm very much looking forward too.

Nintendo was whatever. Zelda Builders looks lame. And they really couldn't have wait another year to release Metroid Prime on new hardware with better graphics? What a waste.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm biased as SHIT. Microsoft had a better overall presentation, but Nintendo had Metroid Prime 4 and Zelda Echoes.

I really want to give the win to MS, because you can tell they poured their fuckin heart out with their showcase. But at the end of the day, I've gotta say it was a tie. Metroid Prime 4 is my most anticipated game of the decade. I can't deny that.

Ev1L AuRoN

Nintendo was much better IMHO, Microsoft had a lot of announcements but talking about games that I absolutely want to play, on Microsoft was Doom, the rest maybe when I sub game pass to play doom I look into it.

Now for Nintendo, I must play Metroid Prime 4, The New Zelda, Mario Party, and the real megaton Mario and Luigi. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is probably multiplat, but I definitely will be day one for that. Possibly on the PS5.

ungalo

If we're just talking about projects shown in these shows, without any context behind it, i don't understand how that's even comparable.

I'm not judging the games themselves in the ND, but they're old games recycled. Even if you're not against it, it's just not comparable. As for the original content, half of it is more akin to portable console stuff (not in a good way imo). MP4 is not this year and the trailer was kind of bad, so it's not a very good payoff for all the waiting.

Again i'm removing the context behind the showcases (like the poor Xbox output these last years, the fact some games are not exclusives etc, i'm not saying by any mean Xbox is winning the console war with that).

Top Bottom