• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2007

FrankT

PS2 you had an amazing run. Time to turn the corner. I knew PS3 sales would be 15-30k lower than Pachter numbers. Solid 360 numbers. 500k for Bioshock in two weeks=awesome. Also 2nd time the 360 outsold the PS2.

nightside

woah at madden wii..iirc somebody lost a banbet..

btw...the "price drop" was useless for ps3...

and thumbs up for corruption:-D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Good to see the 360 doing well, hopefully some of those people who picked it up are RPG fans, who will eventually pick up the almighty BLUE DRAGON.

mr stroke

goldenpp72 said:
blue dragon :(

ya pretty sad, I hope this doesn't mean that JRPGS's on XBOX are over :(
I just can't imagine any developers making XBOX exclusive JRPG's since they are selling at all :(

MaX_PL said:
nice 360 numbers. will likely double next month.

360's numbers will continue to rise until after the holidays.. i mean take a peep at whats coming out for it in the near future, fall and winter.. this is the first increase and i expect it to continue to be close or above 300k until holiday season is over with..

its lineup is unrivaled.. the key to 360 is that it has the best game library coming out this holiday season by a land slide..

Wow, I didn't think the PS3 would drop that low considering the big titles on the horizon and Madden in addition to just having a 'price cut' and it being the first of the holdiay season months. Lookin' grim for PS3, as usual. And I'm also surprised that X360 didn't breach the 300k barrier. Great Bioshock sales!

FoneBone

Awesome for Bioshock, so-so for MP3 (should do a good amount over the holidays, though... or maybe not).

Madden Wii does not bode well for third parties on the platform, though. I mean, it's not a disaster like some seem to think, but being outsold by the Xbox version is fucking pitiful.

donny2112 said:
streams have crossed

streams.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Initial observations

Good number for 360, but nothing too shocking.

Pretty substantial drop for PS3. They're in trouble for the rest of the year.

Wii keeps on doing absolutely great.

Better Metroid sales than I expected- good news.

Holy crap at Madden Wii. Complete and utter BOMB.

Allen

I thought we were out of the software drought for 360. Two Worlds doing well is unexplainable. Solid numbers for MP3:C and excellent numbers (as expected) for Bioshock.

EA needs to rethink their Wii strategy.

Handhelds botching my predictions!

Got 360 on the nose, should get another healthy bump in September as well - over 300k i'd say.

PS3 dropped a wee bit more than I expected (145k was my guess)

Wii just steamrollers along :lol

And most importantly:-

Go Bioshock!! :D

angelfly

Wii over 400k again is good to see. Really expected DS to be higher with the new color out but still great numbers. Bioshock did well along with Prime 3 and good games selling well is always a good thing whether you own the system or not (no 360 here).

dawnXjustice said:
PS3 + 360 > Wii (by a bit) :O

Wii+DS > PS3+Wii (by a lot)

Sharp

Okay, dinner time for me but I know this thread will have been made appropriately hilarious by the time I get back.

I am partciularly looking forward to the Xbox > Wii Madden GIFs.

rs7k

Since PS2 sales are now under the 360, Sony needs a plan to catch the people who upgrade NOW.

$399 won't help, since the 360 will drop in price accordingly. They need to get to $299 fast. It's pretty crazy to think they can manage it in a timely manner, but one thing the PS3 doesn't have is time. 10-year plan is shot. Consumers don't see a difference between both machines' technology, and the 360 library is only filling up.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, those Wii Madden sales are pitiful.

And as I suspected, 360 Madden sales would be higher than PS2. People WILL move on sooner than expected.

Good numbers for metroid, hopefully the momentum holds into sept. Also looks like the price cut and a great title helped move some MS hardware.

Allen said:
I thought we were out of the software drought for 360. Two Worlds doing well is unexplainable. Solid numbers for MP3:C and excellent numbers (as expected) for Bioshock.

EA needs to rethink their Wii strategy.

There was no damn software drought...some people really, really wanted an Oblivion-like game. I know a number of people who somehow convinced themselves that it was an entertaining game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wow, Sony hardware making up the bottom 50% of the hardware horse race. They've gotta be wishing the holidays would get here already.

GhaleonEB

360 - Up 63%, a nice bump, thought a touch below what I was expecting. 360 finally breaks away from trending close to the first Xbox.

PS3 - Uh-oh. Sales drop 18% over last month. Not a good sign.

Wii - down a touch, but still gargantuan

Rest: about as expected or in trend

Next month: 360 needs to pick up further with Halo 3, and PS3 needs to stablize. Or things get REALLY interesting.

VALIS

Very nice month for 360. I thought their sales would only jump a little over July because the price drop wasn't huge, but the jump was quite a bit bigger. Also very strong sales of Madden and Bioshock.

Aleman

rs7k said:
Since PS2 sales are now under the 360, Sony needs a plan to catch the people who upgrade NOW.

$399 won't help, since the 360 will drop in price accordingly. They need to get to $299 fast. It's pretty crazy to think they can manage it in a timely manner, but one thing the PS3 doesn't have is time. 10-year plan is shot. Consumers don't see a difference between both machines' technology, and the 360 library is only filling up.

Yea, seems like some of that massive PS2 userbase is transitioning to the 360.

Top Bottom