• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2007

HolyStar

Banned
The thing is that what can the PS3 put out this fall that can match Halo 3 (this is when the XBox owners will jump to by a 360 for those who haven't gotten one yet.)

Wyndstryker said:
what scares me is that the DS/Wii are pulling these numbers now...

we still got the holidays to go through (they better be stockpiling or else they'll miss the moneytrain)
With the cooling Japanese sales and not so out of stock in Europe anymore, you can bet you're ass they're stockpiling Wii to thier warehouse's brim.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
szaromir said:
Why would it need Japanese games for American market?:lol

Because they move consoles. Castlevania, Devil May Cry, FF, Soul Calibur, etc. They are console sellers.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Loonz said:
I see that and raise...

WWConsoles-1.png

:lol

Don't laugh at your own jokes.

Evlar

Banned
Yeah... How exactly is DKII dodging a ban for posting ioi's numbers in the August Predictions thread? And now pimping them here?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh, and yes, the PS3 is in even more trouble than before. Dropping quite a bit after the first month of a price drop...yeah, there's a problem.

traveler

Not Wario
Ether_Snake said:
Because they move consoles. Castlevania, Devil May Cry, FF, Soul Calibur, etc. They are console sellers.

And Western games don't? What the hell do you think Halo, Oblivion, Gears of War, Bioshock, etc. were? :lol

rs7k said:
PS3 is done in the West. Seriously.

Is this finally the first time the 360 sells more than the PS2?

2.724M to go for my 360 bet until Xmas.
Yes, I believe the public with the new prices for 360 and PS3 are finally starting to move to the next gen. I expect PS2 sales to continue to decline over the next year.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
nategc said:
ps3 might have a chance in october with home and ratchet, i predict a 300k month then, wollan told me.

:lol

Ratchet won't do squat.

EDIT: Nor will Uncharted.

tinderbox said:
So for the top 20

5 360 titles
5 Wii titles
4 DS titles
3 PS2 titles
1 PS3 title
1 Xbox title
1 PSP title

of the 20, 6 are Madden versions (and the only thing that charted for PS3/XBX/PSP)
That puts it in perspective quite well.

neptunes

imagine when nintendo drops the price to $229 or $199? It wont even be a contest at that point, the Wii will become the next ps2.

FF_VIII said:
Sucks for PS3.

Kinda disappointing that their only game in the top 20 is Madden.

That Playstation name is still powerful , 3rd parties will continue to support it till they just can't any longer in a WORST case scenario.

monkeu

DKII said:
Looks like that banned sales website was almost spot on again

Actually it was way off just like always, especially with its PS3 numbers. The only one it got even close was its 360 numbers.

Lobster

Banned
mysticstylez said:
The only 3rd party Wii game gets outsold by an Xbox game. I thought Nintendo said 3rd parties are selling good?

Well if you think about it. 100k for a Madden game on a Nintendo console is good.

I know that Uncharted and Ratchet will probably be very good games, but they simply do not have much hype going for them, and don't think either title will move many systems. Honestly, how many non hardcore gamers even know about those titles?

szaromir

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
They don't sell that much themselves (with exception of FF I guess) and you think they will move $499 consoles? Sony needs killer Western games, no doubt about that.

Maxwell House said:
Gamers don't buy their sports games on the Wii. The sport titles will get the strongest sales on the consoles with next gen graphics.

And why would they???

ninj4junpei said:
Glad to see Bioshock doing well. Though I am not glad to see Wii Play out sell Metroid.[

Quit thinking of Wii Play as a game. It's an accessory that is a must-buy if you purchase a Wii, so it should continue to sell forever.

tinderbox said:
So for the top 20

5 360 titles
5 Wii titles
4 DS titles
3 PS2 titles
1 PS3 title
1 Xbox title
1 PSP title

of the 20, 6 are Madden versions (and the only thing that charted for PS3/XBX/PSP)
And people say Wii software is abysmal.

Top Bottom