• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

Takao

Banned
Wasn't there a list a while back of the bestselling HD collections and Sly Trilogy was pretty high up?

God Of War I & II Collection (Nov. 2009)
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Nov. 2011)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Nov. 2011)
The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Sept. 2011)
The Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)
God of War: Origins Collection (Sept. 2011)
Tomb Raider Trilogy (Mar. 2011)
Prince Of Persia Trilogy (Apr. 2011)
Tekken Hybrid (Nov. 2011)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy (Sept. 2011)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/17/the-best-selling-hd-remasters-at-retail.aspx

By June Sony said they shipped 424,464 copies of the God of War: Origins Collection in North America. The chart is from February 2012. So many furries.

I remember as recently as like a few months ago people used to argue with me vehemently against that. Now seems predictable.

I will say I also predicted 360 might overtake Wii in overall WW shipments late as well, which now looks sort of increasingly unlikely (360 running out of steam faster than I expected)

I feel like raw number are misleading when 360 and even PS3 had major supply constraints early, where Wii U was plentiful almost from the start.

Not a disastrous number for Wii U this month though. Just a bad one, that almost looks ok due to expectations being so low after January.

Tracking 12k-14k under the GameCube (11 million lifetime NPD) is pretty damn bad. Its momentum doesn't inspire confidence at all for third-parties. It's a negative feedback loop that will paralyze the Wii U from getting any ground in the industry unless Nintendo really shakes it up.

In a separate statement, Nintendo reported that 455,000 units of hardware were sold in the U.S. in February, pushing 3DS past 8 million units to date. 180,000 copies of Fire Emblem Awakening were sold in the U.S. in February (117,000 at retail and 63,000 digitally). Nintendo added that "by comparison, the previous hand-held entrant in the franchise – Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon – has sold a little more than 250,000 units life to date in the United States

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/14/dead-space-3-leads-us-sales-in-february

...Digital numbers.
WE HAVE THEM.

Not bad, not bad at all.

117k and not charting speaks VERY well for Sly. Shockingly good performance, good for Sanzaru!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ecosystems
KuGsj.gif

Thanks Sony!

M.D

Wasn't there a list a while back of the bestselling HD collections and Sly Trilogy was pretty high up?

The Best-Selling HD Remasters At Retail #1

The list does not include download sales, however. Most HD remasters are now available digitally through PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. Download-only titles like Resident Evil 4 HD and Beyond Good & Evil HD are absent from this list for that reason.

Here is the list ranked by most units sold:

God Of War I & II Collection (Nov. 2009) - 1,748,663
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Nov. 2011)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Nov. 2011)
The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Sept. 2011)
The Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)
God of War: Origins Collection (Sept. 2011)
Tomb Raider Trilogy (Mar. 2011)
Prince Of Persia Trilogy (Apr. 2011)
Tekken Hybrid (Nov. 2011)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy (Sept. 2011)

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Halo was close to a million? could be wrong tho
Anyway, there's probably a huge fall between GOW and the other collections, but it's still pretty high up.

Anth0ny

Wow, eShop sales are half of retail. That is damn impressive. I wonder if those digital numbers would push FE Awakening into the top 10.

Well that's what happens when they ship like 5 copies of Fire Emblem to stores.

I had to wait until March to find a retail copy.

Tracking 12k-14k under the GameCube (11 million lifetime NPD) is pretty damn bad. It's momentum doesn't inspire confidence at all for third-parties. It's a negative feedback loop that will paralyze the Wii U from getting any ground in the industry unless Nintendo really shakes it up.

oh yeah, and their problems are only beginning. Once ps4 and durango hit, it will make now look like a sunny day at the beach.

I feel like raw number are misleading when 360 and even PS3 had major supply constraints early, where Wii U was plentiful almost from the start.

Not a disastrous number for Wii U this month though. Just a bad one, that almost looks ok due to expectations being so low after January.
It's pretty disastrous.

I don't think the PS3 was supply constrained post-launch. It was "demand constrained." And I did consider putting "Supply constraints" and "$599" in the legend.

goomba

Banned
40% per week rise for wiiu is impressive considering it had no new games in feb.

Many gaffers were predicting 20 -40k for WiiU , what are they to say now ?

Why do we have to guess and estimate WiiU , ps3 and vita numbers?

What's the point of npd if there are missing numbers ?

Miker

The fact that we're seeing that percentage of digital sales on a Nintendo platform of all things (even for a title that's supply constrained at retail) - 35% for Fire Emblem - definitely calls to light that digital sales are a growing subsection of the industry that we simply don't have any visibility into via NPD reports.

Yeah, I agree - the 63k who purchased a digital copy can't /all/ have been people who were driven/forced to buy a digital copy due to supply constraints at retail. Although I won't be buying any full retail titles on the eShop until Nintendo implements an account system, I'm happy about the digital sales.

lmao aliens making the list.
im playing through a red box copy i rented three hours ago and no one is playing online and im about 50% done with the campaign from about an hour in

good for sly. nintendo should have had more fire emblems in stores.

i bought dead space 3 and crysis 3. though for $60 total

*sees Sly on chart*

9th place NPD + 7th place PS3N + 2nd place PSVN = FAITH IN HUMANITY (SLIGHTYLY) RESTORED!

...really sucks that Fire Emblem didn't chart though.

RobbieNick

Very, VERY happy with Sly 4 sales.

Moderately okay with Wii U sales. Wasn't expecting a huge leap, but happy it's a much bigger number than the poor Jan sales. No games came out for it in Feb. I'm more anticipating the NPD sales on Wii U for March what with all the games being released for it this month. If it doesn't do near or over 100,000 in sales in March, then there's gonna be some REAL trouble for the system.

Hopefully Fire Emblem has legs past last month once NoA fixes shipment problems (if they ever do)

I have a bad feeling that NoA will just leave it as it is. Similar to other localisations, quite bizarre really but I suppose digital reduces the pain. Speaking of which, those are quite significant digital sales. Obvious why, but still strong.

B.O.O.M

40% per week rise for wiiu is impressive considering it had no new games in feb.

You really wanna call out users with these sales numbers? Really?

Road

So it sold really good, 63,000 units digitally.

Can we figure out 3DS hardware sales?

I have it at 7.84 million by January, so, to cross 8 million, it implies 160k at least.

But with adjustments and what not, my LTD can easily be a few 10k higher or lower.

Kusagari

God of War will outsell Gears next month.

God of War fans actually seemed legitimately hyped, albeit not as much as a main release, for it. Nobody seems to give a shit about Judgment at all.

TS-08

Hopefully Fire Emblem has legs past last month once NoA fixes shipment problems (if they ever do)

The word of mouth seems to be there. It's why I downloaded it despite never playing a FE game in my life. Just need copies of the game to be there too.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her

You are seriously gloating over numbers like 64k for a system still in it's first quarter after launch.

Do you honestly not realize just how historically bad these numbers are?

Oh my.... The amusement never ends :p

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

Sorry, 64k is not impressive no matter how many people were low-balling these numbers or how you try to shape these numbers. Nintendo is in dangerous territory without the ability to drop the price and currently no major, console-moving titles planned for release before this fall.

NeoGAF Aggregate Predictions - Feb-2013

1. 360 - 287K
2. PS3 - 212K
3. 3DS - 178K
4. WIU - 69K
5. PSV - 37K

GAF actually overpredicted*! Definately not a majority of 20-40k predictions!

*5k isn't that much really.

Top Bottom