• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2007

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well...considering I've been playing nothing but PS2 games as of late, I guess I should have no problem welcoming our new PS2+ level tech master called the Wii. :lol

Good lord MS and Sony (PS3) are fucked.

PS3
8301huhhh9c9.gif

Wii
78973hammertime.gif

RumFore

Banned
Also I don't think the PS3 number are as bad as some are making it out to be. It sold about 10,000 less than the 360 yet it cost about $150 more. Relative to its cost it did pretty well.

Haunted One said:
Is that the first month where the Wii outsells the DS and is the #1 system in the US?

historic.
It's not gonna stop, the games are coming soon.

Everyone who wants Phantom Hourglass has one. Only thing that is the limiting factor this Christmas is how many Nintendo can make.

RumpledForeskin said:
Also I don't think the PS3 number are as bad as some are making it out to be. It sold about 10,000 less than the 360 yet it cost about $150 more. Relative to its cost it did pretty well.

It had a $100 price cut and the 360 didn't have anything huge released. Now the 360 has got a price cut is there any way of the PS3 outselling it any time soon?

Shawn128

I'm a little new to these NPD threads, excuse me while I ask this question:

NPD = U.S. sales data? Worldwide data?

If it's just US, what tracks Europe and Japan?

RumpledForeskin said:

I don't think it's that the PS3 sold poorly, but rather that the 360 sold more. I for one had not anticipated that, not after the widespread reports of widespread hardware failures. But hey, there are games on the system, which is more than can be said about the PS3 at this point so I guess it makes sense.

RumpledForeskin said:

The PS2 # is what is truly unbelievable. 8 years old next month and still selling over 200K...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Wow, $100 price drop couldn't even boost PS3 ahead for a month. That's pretty dire. I can only imagine how bad it's going to be next month with 360's cut.
Rodeo Clown said:
All you fuckers who bought Rocks the 80's are officially part of the problem.
Very much agreed.

Hero said:
Jesus Christ at the Wii's sales. What the hell?

Is that the highest sales for a console for the month of July ever?

Nope, PS2 edged it out in July 2002, and the GBA destroyed it in July 2003.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RumpledForeskin said:

360 was still $399 in July.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wii sells like a toy, PS3/X360 sell like high end electronics. And no more images, one ban in this page is forthcoming.

RumpledForeskin said:

This was a price drop month. Seriously, this kind of damage control only belongs in a Sony PR..

Kintaro said:
Well...considering I've been playing nothing but PS2 games as of late, I guess I should have no problem welcoming our new PS2+ level tech master called the Wii. :lol

Good lord MS and Sony (PS3) are fucked.

All they need to do is hit a reasonable price point. Microsoft may have achieved that now with the recent cuts, but Sony still has some ways to go. After that, these type of doom threads will be history.

laserbeam

Banned
90,000 Units of RE4 Wii Edition sold in July is awesome! and Strikers had a decent debut with the 100,000 units that IGN is reporting.

yoopoo said:
Wow Mario Strikers bombed big.

BUT I BOUGHT MINE FROM A WEBSITE THAT ISN'T COUNTED IN NPD!

Um, are you purposely ignoring the multiple posts with the IGN article saying it sold 100k copies despite only being tracked for a little less than a week?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So with a price drop the PS3 still couldn't edge out the flailing 360? :lol

So next month it's back to duking it out with the GBA then? :lol

Haunted

Shawn128 said:

NPD tracks NA, but these numbers are US only.

Europe is a number of different tracking firms in every country (chart-trak, media-control, GfK)

Japan is tracked by Famitsu and Media-Create (MC is what GAF goes by).

As every month goes by, I get more and more worried at what'll happen 3 years from now thanks to how well the Wii is selling. It's obviously going to influence this generation heavily and soon.
Which I'd rather not see happen.

plank

Shawn128 said:

Japan: 335,307
Other: 360,000 (90k weeks)
US: 425,000
Canada: 36,419

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AltogetherAndrews said:
All they need to do is hit a reasonable price point. Microsoft may have achieved that now with the recent cuts, but Sony still has some ways to go. After that, these type of doom threads will be history.

The problem is by the time the PS3 reaches that point, it will most surely be too late.

Top Bottom