• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2007

justjohn said:
goodbye next gen. we hardly knew ye
No Western developers still have the 360 to fall back on. As for Japanese develppers...yeah. The PS3 and 360 might as well not exist in the face of the Wii juggernaut.

Evlar

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Just have two threads open!

This thread is moving too fast to know if somebody has said, but do we have a new market leader yet?
Almost certainly, yes. I've been saying for a while that Wii passed 360 sometime in the first week of August based on some assumed NPD and Europe values, and with the news from the BBC today and now NPD I think we can confirm it. Wii has passed the 360.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The Legendary Triforce said:
What are you, an idiot? Why is a fanboy allowed to be a moderator?

You're gonna be banned.

And I mean, you're being an ass so whatever.

Trust me, what you and the other banned guy said.. you do have a point, but could you not be a jerk and be so rude about it? Jesus.

justjohn

i love the way people are saying ps3 is doomed when it sells 150000 ia month in only one region.
the 360 sold less than 10000 in a month in a japan. should microsoft pack up and go home? lets face it, both of these systems have been a dissapointment so far

Ramenman

PS3forums said:
It looks like PS3 still is supply constrained... this will obviously be taken care of by christmas and PS3 will by then have outsold 360 worldwide. 360 being its only next gen competitor will then be in a respectable second, and PS3 in first, while Wii continues to strugle against PS2.

Screw gifs ! THIS is why I love NPD :lol

ksamedi

Busaiku said:
Is there any chance that RE4 might make it to a million worldwide when all is said and done?

Its sold out in Europe and does well in the US. It could reach 500k in US+Canada and 400k in Europe, that would make it a million seller.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
loosus said:
Hmm. Wii software sales really are not that good. Seems like people are getting it for Wii Sports and little else. Maybe it's the Wii that's the extra, not the game.

No no no. Wii software sales are very solid. You're 100% wrong on this.

GreekWolf

Kintaro said:
Good lord MS and Sony (PS3) are fucked.
Oh how I luvs me some spinnin :lol

The 360 sold 170k units in a month BEFORE the price drop and without a heavy-hitter like Bioshock.

But you knew that already, right? The PS3 and 360 are in completely different universes right now, and no one can state otherwise. Sony desperately needed to come out ahead THIS MONTH while holding all the cards.

Dies Iræ

cvxfreak said:
Capcom expected to sell 460K copies of RE4 Wii by March 2008.

They sold 100K in Japan and 250K in the U.S. And they sure as hell sold more than 110K in PAL territories. And we have August sales in the west, too. Wow.

Capcom would be insane not to make a RE5: Wii edition.

Oh man I better enjoy Bioshock when I can, this does not bode well for the hardcore.

I haven't even bought a Wii game since Metal Slug Anthology, who are buying all these games?!

C4Lukins

AltogetherAndrews said:
I don't think it's that the PS3 sold poorly, but rather that the 360 sold more. I for one had not anticipated that, not after the widespread reports of widespread hardware failures. But hey, there are games on the system, which is more than can be said about the PS3 at this point so I guess it makes sense.

The PS3 actually sold around what most people suspected. The 360 was just higher. Most people figured with the pricedrop news plus new and improved consoles coming, the 360 would take a nice dive. The PS3 is in trouble, but no more then it was a month ago really. Hopefully they will get it down to 400 before Christmas.

justjohn said:
i love the way people are saying ps3 is doomed when it sells 150000 ia month in only one region.
I think they're saying it's doomed because it sold like that after such a major price cut.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
justjohn said:
the 360 sold less than 10000 in a month in a japan. should microsoft pack up and go home? lets face it, both of these systems have been a dissapointment so far
I am more of a PS3 fan and have to agree with this. Why can't more do so instead of gagagagagaga over piss and titie?!?!?!?!?!

Scum

cvxfreak said:
Capcom expected to sell 460K copies of RE4 Wii by March 2008.

They sold 100K in Japan and 250K in the U.S. And they sure as hell sold more than 110K in PAL territories. And we have August sales in the west, too. Wow.
Oi, Capcom! Make CVXFreak a happy man. RE5: Wii Edition! BTW, nice avatar! :lol

Tideas

Banned
Someone make a linear chart that shows how well the PS3 would do if it's at $250.

at 178k at $500, and 98k at $600.

at $400, it would then be 256k
at $300, it would be 316k
at $250, it would be 350k

;)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
The Legendary Triforce said:
What are you, an idiot? Why is a fanboy allowed to be a moderator?

Like fish in a barrel, bright fluorescent pink fish holding a sign that says "shoot me" handing ammunition out of their buttcheeks.

More?

TheDuce22

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
You know, this argument doesn't become any less stupid with time. Too late for what? Hell, most of NeoGAF would have argued that it was too late after the January NPDs. A solid game library and a decent price point, and the system will be off, previously declared "dead" or not.

Im taking you in the sony fan meltdown pool.

joesmokey

Holy fucking shit at Wii and DS, just wow.

And yeah, gg PS3, regardless of what PS2 did.

360's NCAA numbers are incredibly impressive.

Xavien

ksamedi said:
Its sold out in Europe and does well in the US. It could reach 500k in US+Canada and 400k in Europe, that would make it a million seller.

A Million seller for a remake that has been on 2 consoles previously... that's like a DS-type feat there.

AniHawk

244k for RE4:Wii edition is a REALLY good number. Capcom expected 420k WW for this year, and it's already at about 360k without counting European numbers.

Duderz

Banned
Haunted One said:

?

Wii overtook the US market from the 360?

Also, as bad as the PS3 is doing, it's still pretty sad that the PS2 is still outselling the X360.

EDIT: Oh, we're talking WW.

Grecco

justjohn said:

The 360 isnt a disapointment. No way in hell.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
With the PSP at 214K in July can we assume that the collapse we saw in Canada in July will be delayed in the US until August NPD before it rebounds with the new PSP?

Ainnem

Ice Mc - Cinema

Hey you!Pay attention
The jam's starting'now
Have you got your popcorn?
So let's dance!

Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight, Metroid Prime
Smash Brawl,
Fire Emblem, Star Fox, Mario Kart
F-Zero,

Peter Moore (Nooh!)
Kojima (Nooh!)
Kutaragi (Nooh!)
MIYAMOTO (Yeah)

120fps (Nooh!)
1080p (Nooh)
3RL (Nooh)
WIIMOTE (Yeah)

Charles Bronson (Ooh)
Robert Redford (Nooh)
PSP (Nooh)
NINTENDO DS (Yeah)

PS2 (Nooh)
PS3 (Nooh)
X360 (Nooh)
NINTENDO WII (Yeah)

CHORUS
Ci-ci-ci-ci, cinema
Ci-ci-ci-ci, movie
Ci-ci-ci-ci, cinema
One two three, four

Teen Ape

I'm surprised the 360 outsold the PS3 even with the PS3's price drop...that was kind of unexpected. On another note, I wonder how many olympic size swimming pools Nintendo has full of cash that they take their daily swim in...One can only imagine...

loosus

Banned
I don't know if PlayStation 3 is "doomed," per se. But Sony definitely has no dominating voice in the industry, anymore. Whereas the industry used to follow Sony, I don't think anybody's gonna give a shit, anymore.

Branduil

The meltdowns are coming fast.

I'm a bit curious why Nintendo increased their supply so much with no really huge Wii games out this month.

Tideas

Banned
Teen Ape said:
I'm surprised the 360 outsold the PS3 even with the PS3's price drop...that was kind of unexpected. On another note, I wonder how many olympic size swimming pools Nintendo has full of cash that they take their daily swim in...One can only imagine...

You're surprise that a $300,$400 item outsold a $500 item?

besada

Banned
justjohn said:

The whole next-gen am fucked is a ridiculous meme. These aren't horrible sales numbers traditionally. They only look like ass in the continued wake of Wii domination. I'm thinking we're going to see a market share of 60% Wiis with the other two fighting for scraps, but they'll be lucrative scraps at $60 a pop and entire group of gamers (those who crave higher quality graphics and sound) dumping most of their cash into that 40% of remaining pie. That's not such a bad deal for developers. We won't see as many quirky niche games on the to HD consoles, and it's going to suck to be a single console owner.

But I own all three, so I don't care:lol

People use the excuse Sony dropped the price by$100 and still couldn't out sell the 360? Well, what do you expect, the Ps3 is till $100+ more expensive than the 360 no? So the numbers seems pretty fair.

Again, I can't believe people are saying Sony is done in NA. Wii won it if you play that way.

Both the Ps3 and 360 are fighting for 2nd place and that can change.

maynerd

Banned
WTF is with Wii. I have YET to see one on the shelf since launch day. Even then I didn't see it on the shelf as I waited in line to buy it before it even hit a shelf.

farnham said:
PS3 - fake price drops dont work = confirmed

Better tell that to Gamestop, farnham. They don't seem to feel it was too "fake":

In a conference call to discuss the company's record second quarter earnings, GameStop's Richard Fontaine (Chairman and CEO), Daniel DeMatteo (Vice Chairman and COO) and David Carlson (Executive VP and CFO) commented on a number of issues reflecting their strong business.

In terms of hardware sales, DeMatteo noted that the price reduction on PS3 has doubled their unit sales from the prior sales rate and that "this sell-through has continued for weeks now."

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17237

Maybe you know more about retail sales of consoles that the CEO of Gamestop though...

Top Bottom