• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

I'd say it's anybody's game right now. Especially as Halo is end of the month.

Who knows what will happen between now and then anyway, we could see another Xbox price drop or perhaps PlayStations first price drop.

Or maybe It won't be PS4 or One but Wii U that takes the crown!

Duh, everyone knows that Splatoon will revive the Wii U and make it sell 30 million units this year.

Blanquito

I don't own a hat :)

Not that I particularly care one way or another who does takes the month, but I do enjoy the spectacle.

Shall we have an avatar bet? Xbox wins = you choose mine, PS4 wins = I choose yours, WiiU wins we both get banned?

To make it interesting, let's just say that once the bet is made, we can't back out, even if price drops/bundles/megatons are announced?

ZhugeEX

Banned
So wait, they are offering two PS4 versions one TLOU and one without for the same price? Isn't this a bit unfair for someone who doesn't know, or doesn't look into it. :/

You can't be serious.

This is the case with everything that is sold anywhere.

Bgamer90

Banned
Yeah right now October looks to be an Xbox win.

I'd say it's anybody's game right now. Especially as Halo is end of the month.

Who knows what will happen between now and then anyway, we could see another Xbox price drop or perhaps PlayStations first price drop.

True but (at least as of right now), I think the Xbox One will get October due to Halo 5 and a possibly solid number of PS4 owners getting an Xbox One that month for the game; Similar to what we saw last gen with the PS3 and MGS4 (PS3 won that month).

Or maybe It won't be PS4 or One but Wii U that takes the crown!

That would be amazing. :)

Welfare

Not that I particularly care one way or another who does takes the month, but I do enjoy the spectacle.

Shall we have an avatar bet? Xbox wins = you choose mine, PS4 wins = I choose yours, WiiU wins we both get banned?

To make it interesting, let's just say that once the bet is made, we can't back out, even if price drops/bundles/megatons are announced?
Sure.

True but (at least as of right now), I think the Xbox One will get October due to Halo 5 and a possibly solid number of PS4 owners getting an Xbox One that month for the game; Similar to what we saw last gen with the PS3 and MGS4 (PS3 won that month).
Halo did help the 360 go over even the Wii, and with it being right next to the holidays, sales should be big.

noobie

Banned
Do you think bloodborne will stay in the chart next month too. I don't see lot of competition in April but it will be difficult because it's on single platform. But I think there is a 30% chance that it may appear in April NPD chart. It has shown good legs in UK and German charts

Every gaffer buy a WiiU so this can happen.

Yes, I am serrious. :) It would be a consumer friendly approach to at least prompt a warning message.

A store has no obligation to give you the best price for their goods. Yes, it is best for customer service to make you happy, but it isn't a requirement. Hunting for a bargain had always been the customer's own responsibility.

Dargor

If Microsoft can't win NPD the month Halo 5 is releasing there is something very very wrong.

My thoughts exactly. Sony has truly turned the ship around. People are even entertaining the possibility of PS4 winning first place in a Halo month.

That's huge imho.

Depends on the price of the consoles at that time. $299 bundle with Halo 5 would be a sure-fire win.

... and a confession of weakness.
You have your biggest IP which costs a fortune in development and not only give it away for free from the start, but you lower the price of the console at the same time. just sad.
MS will win October NPD, they'll do whatever it takes to assure that.
Exactly. Stakeholders will be delighted.

Yeah right now October looks to be an Xbox win.

Just like with TF month, I think October is going to be a similar surprise. The only way the X1 wins is if it's significantly cheaper. If all that happens in Oct. Is Halo 5 rel easing then I don't see Xbox winning easily

They didn't care last holiday when MS went all crazy with the deals, so I doubt they'll care this holiday.
Don't know if they were happy or didn't care when the gaming devision went all in in order to win two months to put a lovely smile on Phil's face. Maybe there were already some teeth grinding in others.
Now, with half a year as second place to come and then winning the holiday season by slaughtering even more profits might be a reason for PR to party, but not for accountancy.

It's easy, Welfare has the fat crow.

I like your tag. :p

Just like with TF month, I think October is going to be a similar surprise. The only way the X1 wins is if it's significantly cheaper. If all that happens in Oct. Is Halo 5 rel easing then I don't see Xbox winning easily

I'm not so sure. Halo 5 is a different beast then TF and despite it releasing late in the month, the X1 should take that month because of people buying the console in anticipation of H5 leading up to its release. Maybe not by a big margin, but it should win the month.

Assuming Sony doesn't drop the price of course.

Bgamer90

Banned

New IP vs. first current gen entry in a long running popular franchise, though I do agree that it isn't as popular as it previously was. Either way I don't think $500 + a new IP is comparable to $350 (or less) + Halo 5.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony does a PS4 price drop close to Halo 5's release.

Possible. Would definitely make things tighter.

Mooreberg

Since November, the Xbox One has consistently been selling for a lower price. I'm not seeing a scenario where the PS4 would be $50 cheaper. Sony doesn't need it to be cheaper in order to sell, and Microsoft wouldn't let them have that sort of price advantage for very long. And I doubt Halo 5 would get bundled before next winter, same as MCC.

I keep thinking of E3, but in 2009 Sony didn't do anything with the price and then dropped it by $100 in the fall. Maybe that will be the approach again. PS4 is selling better at $399 than PS3 ever did, and Arkham Knight is as good a game as any to help move systems in the summer. Whatever the prices are in the fall, I think it will once again be a $50 difference in Microsoft's favor, with some sort of bundling.

Top Bottom