• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

ZhugeEX

Banned
boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Oh shhhh! You know you found it funny the first time you read it ;)

PS4 hasn't had a price cut though so the fact that its down less than the XBO is pretty impressive. Why is the Wii U up though? Can't be Mario Party 10 can it?

To be honest the PS4 was still supply constrained early Q1 2014 in the USA and so a lot of PS4 sales was due to the initial demand.

Wii U being up doesn't mean much. Hell sales could be up 200% and it'd still be below the PS4 or Xbox One.

I wonder what that world worldwide number for PS4's holiday would look like if the Japanese console market didn't crash hard.

Whilst the Japanese market has seen a big decline the rest of the world has picked up the slack. Whilst no one market can truly match Japan, the Middle East, South and South East Asia and other developing markets are doing a good job.

Stealth Edit: Shit! I get a tag.

I want a tag.... I want to feel special :(

PS4 hasn't had a price cut though so the fact that its down less than the XBO is pretty impressive. Why is the Wii U up though? Can't be Mario Party 10 can it?

Yeah good point.

The Wii U is up because it has a solid library of games at this point and it's an attractive proposition as a second console for a lot of gamers + cheaper price point.

Welp, looks like the PS4 declined month over month, so much for Bloodborne being a system seller I guess, lol. But Bloodborne bombing shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone outside the Sony-GAF echo chamber.

The game is full of cheap design. I played the game at a friend's house, and the very first enemy will two-shot you really easily. To add insult to injury, you deal like two damage per attack you do. You have to hit him like 50 times to kill him. Make just one mistake and you will have to sit through a minute long loading screen before having to start from scratch again. I tried like 40 times before deciding that life is too short. I guess padding your game with artificial difficulty makes sense when you are selling your game to a games-starved user base but it's not my cup of tea.

Also, dat loading screen. I have no idea what they were thinking. Maybe they were afraid that PS4 owners wouldn't know how to handle actually playing a game for more than 50 % of any given period of time?

I watched my friend play for a while. Apparently you level up by getting a blowjob from a sex doll? How did anyone think a game like this would sell. Also, the guns seem to be bugged. They do pretty much no damage :/

To further worsen the terrible launch month, the game will have horrible legs. I bet not even 5 % of players could get past the first boss. Gamestop is likely LITERALLY swimming in trade-ins by now.

Also, it's going to be interesting to see how Sony-GAF reacts when the Web of Lies spun by Shu the Vicious Lier is torn down and the Steam and The One versions will be visible to the world, ready to pounce at the ponies and incite frenzy into their minds and souls.

I <3 Neogaf.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I want a tag.... I want to feel special :(

Beware of what you ask, my friend. A tag can be good, but it could be bad as well. I mean, look at my tag, it's been like that since early 2012 and I fear it will never go away...do you want something like that? No, you don't!

But maybe you'll be alright, and you'll get a better tag than mine. I hope so, you'd deserve that. I'm so aware that, in the remote case it changes, my tag would become something like "Two pts preorders on Comg? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!". There's no escape for me, only digging deeper. And deeper. :p

legend166

Was it better when the Wii was eviscerating the competition for a few years, before the 360 took over three and a half years into that generation and had a vice grip on NPD until the next generation launched?

In terms of reactions, yeah it was. Bunch of man children crying that their hobby was dead because someone other than a 14-35 make be catered to every once in awhile. It was pretty fascinating.

Got to be worrying for MS that its sales are down YoY despite it being much cheaper to buy. So despite slashing the price and having a better library of games building up, it's still under performing and they'll be making less? money and revenue than last year and while Sony are down too at least revenue remains at its max and potentially they could be making more profit if costs are down vs last year?

ZhugeEX

Banned
I got 14.41m

Finding out where that 10k discrepancy is coming from is going to kill me.

It killed me too.

Has to take a good hard look at Creamsugars pie charts for the past 17 months in order to adjust some numbers.

But at the end of the day, 10k is 10k. It's not a massive difference.

I'm using pretty much the same numbers you are for March. I adjusted PS4 up 3k LTD and X1 up 7k LTD versus your numbers based on LTD updates we've gotten since launch.

Baalzebup

He has been trying way too hard to duplicate his initial success. It is just sad.

I'm more scared about the fact that people keep taking his posts, when he makes 'em like that, seriously. Its like taking Verendus seriously when he is seemingly peddling the XOne.

I mean, I knew all this before I even sent my membership request and I didn't lurk GAF all that much before I did. Yet people keep falling for it.

I assumed the post in his tag was also real, and so by default this one is not a joke either.

I hope I am wrong.

Ugh, please tell me this is some double layer joke? I doubt even Penello would mistake Brazil for an EU country.

Tigress

Beware of what you ask, my friend. A tag can be good, but it could be bad as well. I mean, look at my tag, it's been like that since early 2012 and I fear it will never go away...do you want something like that? No, you don't!

Yeah, but it's still more interesting than none at all.

I say naively

Still, I'd love a Fallout Fangirl tag. Or hell, a tag claiming biggest fallout fan on the forum (since apparently when some one asked what game you thought you were the biggest fan of on Gaf no one actually contested me for Fallout even though I expected several people to shut me down. Which is so wrong cause... Fallout, there should be several huge fans on this forum. At least big enough to tell me I'm totally not even close to the biggest fan <- I love Fallout but never finished the first two though plan on it and don't have much Fallout paraphenelia but I'll claim being poor as my excuse for that. I'm absolutely sure some one could prove they were a bigger fan than me easily, if nothing else by having finished all the games ;) ).

Why are Xbox sales so holiday period-concentrated? Is this reflective of some aspect of American consumer behaviour? But if so, why is it less so for Playstation?

Why are Xbox sales so holiday period-concentrated? Is this some reflective of some aspect of American consumer behaviour? But if so, why is it less so for Playstation?

Black Friday isn't a thing outside the US and the UK to my understanding, which is when the holiday sales rush for the US really starts. We get in 2 months of consumerism where most other countries just have Christmas.

Anyone else let down to see The Order not in the top 10?

Its only been a month and it dropped out completely,

I was hoping it would have better legs.

Anyone else let down to see The Order not in the top 10?

Its only been a month and it dropped out completely,

I was hoping it would have better legs.

I don't think anyone expected it to stay in the top 10. Why would it?

It started at #9 last month. It could only go down from there.

xbox has much longer history with wrpg though and witcher 2 was only for 360iirc. It would be surprising to me at least if their was a big difference in sales.

That means little when so many 360 users have switched to PS4. I think it is bad when you have a marketing deal and your version sells less(although with the current market shares it might be unavoidable).

That means little when so many 360 users have switched to PS4. I think it is bad when you have a marketing deal and your version sells less(although with the current market shares it might be unavoidable).

I wouldn't be surprised if it sells less, but much less then yes i would be. Anything over 60/40 split would be a big deal imo.

hmmmmm.....

I was just waiting and waiting for the point in the post where you said Gotchya! But it never came.... If this is a real post I have no words. If not, you could at least give more clues that you aren't serious.

It was subtle, but the final paragraph gave it away as brilliant satire.

Faustek

Note:

Since I'm the top of a page I would like to take the time and tell everyone something very important.
Know how Tearaway have just sold 75k at retail?
Well that is the closest we can come to a heinous crime in the general market. Perhaps you're telling yourself that you don't want to buy a Vita,
perhaps you think $200/£150*/€169* is to much for the little device. Perhaps the games on the system doesn't appeal to you.
Perhaps you think it isn't worth investing in it since you have heard that Sony isn't. Well you aren't wrong but you aren't right either.
Just last year they published at retail

Borderlands 2
Disney's Muppets Movie Adventures(pal only)
Freedom Wars
Invizimals(Retail pal only)
Minecraft(Retail pal only)
MLB 14: The Show(Retail NA only)
LittleBigPlanet: Marvel Super Hero Edition(Retail pal only)
Playstation Vita Pets(Retail pal only)
Ratchet & Clank Collection(Retail pal only)
The Sly Collection

As for PSN
Counterspy
Destiny of Spirits
Dead Nations
Entwined
Hohokum
Lemmings Touch
Murasaki Baby
No Heroes Allowed:No Puzzles either
Resogun
Soul Sacrifice Delta
The Unfinished Swan
The Hungry Horde
But there will perhaps not be as much now no. If pub funded games doesn't count that is.
Anyway, why am I doing this? Well just to lead your way here.

Remember your first love? Remember your first kiss? Remember the anticipation you had for your second circus visit as a kid?
If you do, well congratulations you have just found Tearaway. The little game that is all that and so much more.
Buy Tearaway people, if you have a heart buy Tearaway.

*/** Tearaway is also bundled in PAL territories. The price is a bit higher(€160-220 depending on where you buy it) but you get a voucher to dl Tearaway, Gravity Rush(which is also the bees knees), Uncharted, Txk(also great) and Escape Plan.
Please don't kill me but Tearaway is really one of the greatest games ever and it's really sad how neglected it is.
End:

April is a low sales month for hardware. Both consoles will go down and gap will be closer.

Sorry but what? why will PS4 go down more? I don't see a basis for this at all.

Bloodborne

Japan (3 weeks of tracking) - 183,456
North America (2 weeks of tracking) - 389,000
United Kingdom (3 weeks of tracking) - 73,842

Worldwide digital sales - 155,000

Total - 801,298

Still bullshit. The game actually sold over a mil in just 10 days ww.
http://gematsu.com/2015/04/bloodborne-sales-top-one-million-worldwide

Also and same.

Btw perhaps we could start a trend where we post sources when we're telling people they are wrong? Will be much easier for both parties when someone is either smoking some good shit or just believes in fairies.

Grimløck;160445329 said:
welfare's supposed to drink his own piss if he loses, right?

hmm, I sat in that thread. Where did he ever say that? :(

Chart overload incoming....

Looking good and Zhuge. ´Btw, you're special with or without a tag.

Because it will make bigger splash, and it makes more sense too.

Stealth Edit: Shit! I get a tag.

Can you actually see your own tags? I thought they where invisible to the user.

Yeah if Splatoon becomes the next Wii Sports.

The next Wii Sports is already out. It's called a Smartphone. And people buy them like crazy.

Hmm, so the 10-15% for digital sales. Where does that come from? Is this just an assumption derived from what Japanese pubs have said about how their sales are forming? Or do we actually have anything to back that up?

I would recommend that everyone reads Keza MacDonalds piece as well as the article that once again spurred this from Kotaku UK.

Feels strange that I'm at Kotaku again after all these years but I have to say that I'm starting to enjoy them as of 18 months back. Weird times indeed. Perhaps I'm growing?

April is a low sales month for hardware. Both consoles will go down and gap will be closer.
I remember last year there was some Xbox nutter arguing that because the sales gap for a single month was smaller, Microsoft was actually gaining ground. The warped logic was the gap wasn't growing as fast. :p

Top Bottom