• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

Man... Driveclub is waaaaaay down there. There was very little interest in this game.

Didn't it do like 8,000 units in Japan, too?

I wonder what it's like in Europe, where I imagine it will do best. Still, sub-150k LTD doesn't seem out of the question.

Probably did quite well with that PS+ digital discount.

Vena

Refurbished sales are never huge. If everyone got a $200 refurbished unit, there wouldn't be $200 refurbished units lol.

I don't think those are refurbs but yes, I understand the point. It just seems that that channel is drained instantly whenever it actually becomes "In Stock". The last time it was "In Stock" it went to backordered within a couple of hours.

The recent Ebay deal, which was fairly close to the Nintendo deal and just as obtusely hidden, sold out within an hour. I wonder if any valid extrapolation could be had from data points like those...

Insomniac is fine, they provided Microsoft with a awesome game, if it didn't sell well enough for Microsoft it's on their own self. Insomniac on the other hand has a critically acclaimed franchise on their hands that would be easier to shop around if they chose to make a sequel, and maybe Microsoft would have to compete for buying it a second time. Just please no EA.

After FUSE, I'd be surprised if EA and Insomniac would ever want to work with each other again.

-MD-

Evil Within at #3 good lord. Hell yeah.

tumblr_mvkki74a2s1r974s9o1_500.gif

MormaPope

Banned
I wonder how EA access will skew EA retail sales in the future. Having that service and charting so much means EA has its cake and will eat it without any qualms.

Tobor

Gonna be extremely hard to "sweep" with MS being as aggressive with the discounts and bundling as they are.

Sony doesn't need to sweep the rest of the year.

Let's say Microsoft does unbelievably well and outsells the PS4 by 100K in November. They're still down 900K. After that, it's all Sony until maybe Halo 5.

November isn't a big deal.

EDIT: And Sony can still win November. It's not an impossibility.

sense

Total speculation... but perhaps pulling the PS+ version is a reaction to the sales, hoping to push people to buy it instead? Smells desperate, but can see it.

i honestly can't see someone making that decision just to get a few extra sales. sony has had their share of bombas in the past that they are not going to risk all the bad publicity when ps4 is doing well.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nintendo PR for those interested and Nirolak:

SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS IS 10TH NINTENDO 3DS GAME TO SELL 1 MILLION UNITS

​Nov. 13, 2014

It’s official: Smash is a smash. Despite only being on the market for a little more than a month, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has already sold 1.2 million combined physical and digital units in the U.S alone. The game sold more than 485,000 total units in October to become the 10th Nintendo 3DS title to sell at least 1 million units in the U.S. The Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game is the best-selling hand-held title so far in 2014, but will face a stiff challenge to hold onto that title when the next great Pokémon adventures – Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – arrive on Nov. 21.

Wii U continues to have a very strong year. Through the first 10 months of 2014, total sales of Wii U hardware and software have increased by 47 percent and 84 percent, respectively, over the same period in 2013. Those numbers are both poised to grow with the one-two punch of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and amiibo on Nov. 21, which are then quickly joined by Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Dec. 5.

The full list of million-plus sellers on Nintendo 3DS in the United States is as follows:

Title
Total Units*
Mario Kart 7
3.62 million
Super Mario 3D Land
3.34 million
New Super Mario Bros. 2
2.33 million
Pokémon X
2.11 million
Pokémon Y
2.03 million
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
1.41 million
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
1.36 million
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
1.42 million
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
1.20 million
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
1.06 million

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=42240

GamerJM

Banned
Ugh, you guys need to shutup. Sunset Overdrive is far from a bomb. A new IP on a console with only a couple million installed base is not going to sell 500k in a couple days.

Insomniac doesn't have the brand power of Naughty Dog or Rockstar or Bungie. It's a harder sell.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune sold 117k in its first month. 117k. And look where that series is now.

To be fair, PS3 sales were horrendous at the time and the second game was a massive step up. I'm not saying Sunset Overdrive can't go on to be a big IP and one of Microsoft's defining first-party series but the odds are stacked against it when you look at all of the failed IPs.

Saty

Ugh, you guys need to shutup. Sunset Overdrive is far from a bomb. A new IP on a console with only a couple million installed base is not going to sell 500k in a couple days.

Insomniac doesn't have the brand power of Naughty Dog or Rockstar or Bungie. It's a harder sell.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune sold 117k in its first month. 117k. And look where that series is now.

This so much. The bundle sold out as well. I have a hard time seeing how it could be a bomba.

AniHawk

Wii U HW should be around 68K then.

Need to look up last month's Smash.

so wii u hardware is fairly consistent with its performance overall this year. a little lower than the 50-55% i gave it for all of oct-dec, but november has the greatest potential for growth.

Total speculation... but perhaps pulling the PS+ version is a reaction to the sales, hoping to push people to buy it instead? Smells desperate, but can see it.

why would people buy a paid version if the "free" version is being pulled, especially when the reason is because of a feature which they see integral to the game is giving issues?

so the other reason is that the servers are fucking busted and they need to fix that first?

Vroadstar

Gold Member
Drive Club probably sold very well digitally, but I can't say it's not deserved if not. What a nightmare launch.

Also what happened to Hindle? Did he get overexcited in the Xbone sales thread yesterday?

He went toe to toe with the Walking Apocalypse and got obliterated!

spwolf

So, anyone know if XB1 with SO for $350 was available in October already, or was this strictly from 2nd of November?

David___

Banned
Oh, she wanted to take a break. :(

Ugh what happened that caused this? Did Aqua get something wrong and people were over critical about it? I'm reading it right now but I'm still pretty out of the loop.

People were giving her a hard time for putting the leaks in email tags so only people who quote here can see the numbers.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Don't know if it is official or unofficial but a couple retailers have posted a Black Friday GTA5/Last of Us PS4 bundle for $399.
Yeah I've seen that but it looks less like an official bundle and more like an (awesome) one day BF deal. I know BF is huge but I have my doubts. I mean the game has sold tons already. We'll see.

KoopaTheCasual

Sony doesn't need to sweep the rest of the year.

Let's say Microsoft does unbelievably well and outsells the PS4 by 100K in November. They're still down 900K. After that, it's all Sony until maybe Halo 5.

November isn't a big deal.
Oh of course, Sony's lead is massive. Just saying this month (November) has MS at their most competitive, although it doesn't mean much if the PS4 loses a month or two at this point.
Oh, she wanted to take a break. :(

Ugh what happened that caused this? Did Aqua get something wrong and people were over critical about it? I'm reading it right now but I'm still pretty out of the loop.
People were assholes.

She wanted to use a new method of diseminating info. A couple of geniuses began to hound her about how her new method was pointless and that she was making a deal out of nothing.

Then she got fed up with the bullshit, understandably.
I am at work so I cant shop this, can someone do this for me?

b6i7iKe.gif
I'm dying to know the source of this.

Road

PS4 PSN reviews for the Americas:

Evil Within 3320
DC 2927
Fallen 1219
Alien 1605

NBA2K15 6 (wtf?)
Mordor 23875 (wtf2?)

5 minutes of slow as hell PSN + finding out there's a Duck Dynasty game = one of the worst experiences of my life.

I am at work so I cant shop this, can someone do this for me?

b6i7iKe.gif

Damn. This thread is now about this gif.

Where is it from?

SOOOO

FUCKING

HAPPY

about Evil Within!!!!!!!!!

MAJOR kudos to Bethesda for their investment and marketing muscle. Game was CONSTANTLY being promoted for months everytime I would walk into a Gamestop

Top Bottom