• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

I am at work so I cant shop this, can someone do this for me?

b6i7iKe.gif

Wow, where is that GIF from I would love to know the backstory.

Holy shit at The Evil Within. I am so proud of the gaming public right now. A quality brand new game from an established director was able to beat bigger profile licensed games, amazing.

ICPEE

LOLOL @
#
Driveclub. I think if any game de
s
erves to be l
a
ughed at this gen as an unmitigated disaste
r
, it's easily that one. Oh, there are worst games
c
ertainly, but few
a
imed so high and fell as low as #Driveclub. It's like
s
eeing a golden chariot in the sky, then taking a few seconds to realize it's a falling piece of debris from a NASA space rocket that's blown up in a thick blanket of clouds. If #Driveclub were a guy, it'd probably have a poster of Forza in its shower locker, just hoping to one day
m
easure up, above and below. A year delay (probably 'cuz it only started dev after that trailer at that February event was shown, lol), network problems out of the gate that persist to this day, demo copy for PS+ members failing to release as promised, piss-poor 70 Metacritic (Horizon 2's got that perfect 86) ....and to top it all off it doesn't even look that good!

With the torrent of bad news I'm not surprised it didn't chart; at this point it'll probably be a PS+ freebie and a standard bundled game ahead of Knack. Hopefully this convinces Soony™ to give better properties like Wipeout or Motor Toon or Crash Team Racing their due respect. Hashtag Driveclub can skid back to the pit stop with it's broken trans-axle until it's ready to race for real in a couple of years. Hopefully w/ a team owner who isn't (de)Evolution. Lol.
Jesus, i hope this is a joke post.

so wii u hardware is fairly consistent with its performance overall this year. a little lower than the 50-55% i gave it for all of oct-dec, but november has the greatest potential for growth.
Eh, ymmv, but 37% is more than a little lower imo. If that holds overall for the quarter then it will end up closer to 1M for the quarter.

It's also around Dreamcast 2001 levels I believe, just from eyeballing some graphs.

I think November has growth potential, considering it how low it was last year; although for some reason SM3D world is seemingly completely forgotten when people talk about Y/Y comp. But I think December has more limited potential to increase because the number was (for the Wii U) quite high/good i.e. I don't really expect it to sell 650K right now, although November might give a better picture.

I was interested but didn't buy it because of the preorder nonsense. If the Nostromo edition had come with the additional content on its disc instead of a single-use download code, I would have bought it. There is no reason not to press separate discs in a case like this, it costs very little. Now I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

I can understand you. I do it usually the same way and often hadn't bought games because of this. I want all my content on the disc, and not piecemealed.

I made an exception for Alien, but i still dislike it that both "bonus" missions got cut and are only available per download. In the past you would have unlocked content like this after the end of the game as a nice surprise... but yeah, todays gaming industry just sucks.

Karatechop250

Neo Member
Whew.
The site went down for a second for me.

What happened to Forza Horizon 2?

I don't think alot of people understand how the NPD sales chart works. For example Evil Within is only at #3 if you count all the copies sold on the xbox one, xbox 360,ps4,ps3. It's cummulative sales for all the SKU's. If you list it by SKU then Forza Horizon and Sunset Overdrive look much better. Sunset Overdrive has already sold over 200,000 copies by the first week of November not including bundle sales and digital copies. I bet Sunset Overdrive reaches a million buys. Forza Horizon 2 will probably top out closer to two million. Even the best selling PS4 exclusive have struggled to pass the 2 million sales mark.

aaronwt

And along with games in bundles not being counted, digital purchases aren't counted either right? I've purchased a bunch of games over the last year for the Xbox One and the PS4.(over $1k between both systems) But they have been all digital. So I guess they don't count?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The word is that there is no word, friend. Alien: Bombalation. Alien: Sales Expendable. Alien: Bombomo Edition. (Sorry.)

That's not funny, it's also fucking devastating.

Alien Isolation should be thought of as the new Demon's Souls on here. Actually fuck that comparison, it's ten times better than Demon's Souls.

I do think that with the price drop and bundles Microsoft stands a chance at taking November but I think the gta5 black Friday ps4 bundles will be a BIG hit.

November is where it really gets interesting. If ms doesn't win, where do they go from here?? $300 next fall?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm actually surprised at how well Super Smash 3DS is selling.

1.2 million in less than a two months is amazing.

Should reach 1.6-1.8 million by year-end; holiday sales are always great for Nintendo's ever green titles.

Eh, ymmv, but 37% is more than a little lower imo. If that holds overall for the quarter then it will end up closer to 1M for the quarter.

It's also around Dreamcast 2001 levels I believe, just from eyeballing some graphs.

I think November has growth potential, considering it how low it was last year; although for some reason SM3D world is seemingly completely forgotten when people talk about Y/Y comp. But I think December has more limited potential to increase i.e. I don't really expect it to sell 650K right now, although November might give a better picture.

I think we will get 250k in Nov and 450k in Dec for Wii U honestly.

MMaRsu

Banned
LOLOL @
#
s
erves to be l
a
r
c
ertainly, but few
a
s
eeing a golden chariot in the sky, then taking a few seconds to realize it's a falling piece of debris from a NASA space rocket that's blown up in a thick blanket of clouds. If #Driveclub were a guy, it'd probably have a poster of Forza in its shower locker, just hoping to one day
m
easure up, above and below. A year delay (probably 'cuz it only started dev after that trailer at that February event was shown, lol), network problems out of the gate that persist to this day, demo copy for PS+ members failing to release as promised, piss-poor 70 Metacritic (Horizon 2's got that perfect 86) ....and to top it all off it doesn't even look that good!

With the torrent of bad news I'm not surprised it didn't chart; at this point it'll probably be a PS+ freebie and a standard bundled game ahead of Knack. Hopefully this convinces Soony™ to give better properties like Wipeout or Motor Toon or Crash Team Racing their due respect. Hashtag Driveclub can skid back to the pit stop with it's broken trans-axle until it's ready to race for real in a couple of years. Hopefully w/ a team owner who isn't (de)Evolution. Lol.

Boy what is your major malfunction :p

Bruno MB

Super Smash Bros. For 3DS

US

(digital + retail)

September, 2014 (2 days of tracking) - 705,000 / NEW
October, 2014 - 495,000 / 1,200,000

Japan

(digital + retail)

September, 2014 (16 days of tracking) - 1,522,784 / NEW
October, 2014 - 197,327 / 1,720,111

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

US

March, 2008 (28 days of tracking) - 2,700,000 / NEW
April, 2008 - 326,000 / 3,026,000

Japan

February, 2008 (25 days of tracking) - 1,329,133 / NEW
March, 2008 - 225,719 / 1,554,852

Greenberg needs to stop tweeting. The guy's a liability at this point.

He's fine.

As the man in charge of global product marketing for Xbox he's responsible for crafting the message for the brand.

He ain't no social media neophyte. Dude is operating at a whole 'nother level. methinks he can fend for himself.

barit

Bye Bye SO, Hello TEW

A shame that Insomniac backed up the wrong console. Would they have chose multiplat or PS4 then they could have easily hit the 1m milestone already like every Sony 1st party game this year (except DriveClub?). I think the PC version is inveitable. All 3rd party exclusives Xbone games will need the PC to recover some of the costs. But hey they have the rights for their IP so this must be good for something I guess.

LOLOL @
#
s
erves to be l
a
r
c
ertainly, but few
a
s
m

Wipeout would bomb. Sony doesn't have the rights to making Crash, Activision does. I have no idea how you entered Motor Toon into the conversation or what these games have to do with Evolution bombing the Driveclub launch.

Dredd97

The footwork, the stance, the punches, dude practices.....goddamn!
The second guy lands a kick and he moves his body to cushion the impact...

He's an mma fighter at a guess...

And he hit the first guy so hard, he was unconscious before he hit the ground...

I suspect everybody else got out of his way...

Top Bottom