• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX will launch in March 2017 globally, won't be at E3 (focusing on Zelda instead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
qYrNO.gif

Here's hoping they focus on 3ds hype for e3 then, lol.

Soriku

I mean...news travels quickly so whenever Nintendo decides to actually reveal the thing, it'll be the hot topic for a while. Still weird. Are they not focusing on the NX version of Zelda then?

Anth0ny

this is absolute insanity.

they had almost nothing last year at e3 for wii u. everyone figured they were saving shit for nx.

with no nx at e3, there is going to be literally nothing besides zelda. unless they announce a bunch of wii u games, which makes zero sense because the platform is dead and SURELY everyone at nintendo has moved on to nx development at this point

i'm fucking baffled. it's missing the holidays. wow.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Extremly dumb to release a half baked console like the Wii U (mainly with the launch OS) just to please some people on the internet. ;)
If the could, they would have released that thing earlier, thats for sure. Wonder why they launch it in march...seems odd.

Misssing the Holidays is extremely stupid. Unless the NX is cheap like the Wii was, convincing people to purchase a console in March will be extremely difficult. They're also missing out on the piece of the holiday console sales pie, a couple million Sony and MS will gladly gobble up

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase NX in either format, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and bring the NX to E3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

GMwLD.gif

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase NX in either format, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and bring the NX to E3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
*sigh* This has more substance than the last times it was used in such contexts.

roytheone

So eh, not to be a dick, but what do they have to show during E3? I doubt a lot of new 3ds and wiiU games will be announced.

//DEVIL//

how on earth you will not attend E3 if your console is gonna be released 8 months after ? no hype ?

these top guys at Nintendo should all be shuffled. like for real they are taking the company down with one bad business decision after the other

Dynomutt

What if the "NX" is not what people think? What if it's just a safe bet? Solid hardware with solid software ala iOS. Will people feel different if they play it safe?

KAAAAAAAAY Forget me thinking it would be at E3...

But WHY? o_O

Zelda NX being confirmed is major and softens the blow, but... why won;t NX be at E3?! Where on Earth are they unveiling it? They're seriously going to release this WITHOUT an E3 showing?! o_O First Nintendo system in history since E3 started to skip E3.

doemaaan

How the fuck can they not show NX at E3. SOMETHING will leak. It has to. Guess a Direct sometime later down the line will focus on it...

Rich!

Also, I don't know why people make predictions when it comes to Nintendo.

No matter how logical your prediction may seem, this is Nintendo. It'll be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom