• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Chicago |OT| We Are Awesome! We Are Awesome!

asuka is a great wrestler
yet no one can name a single great match she's had in nxt. because being a good in-ring wrestler really doesnt matter that much and her reign has done nothing good for the promotion and will end unceremoniously to io shirai which wont be built up at all either other than 'oh shes another wrestler that got popular somewhere else so lets give it to her'

The Tournament will be a good launching pad for Shirai if she's in it. They did a good job telling stories in the CWC.

Also her match with Ember in Orlando was great, so I think you're wrong there.

Ithil

Why not? If you want to build Asuka as an unbeatable Godqueen then a triple threat is the only way to have her realistically lose.

She's not produced a match as memorable as any of the 4 horsewomen did and there's been no story since she got the title.

Having a super unstoppable person lose a long reign in a triple threat by not even losing is terrible. Have someone beat her one on one. They were already setting up Ember as the one to beat her.

I think Ruby's move sucking was also part of the problem lol

I don't get why she doesn't use her indi finisher. There's too many strike finishers as it is.

Having a super unstoppable person lose a long reign in a triple threat by not even losing is terrible. Have someone beat her one on one. They were already setting up Ember as the one to beat her.

It's developmental, having a super unstoppable person lose a long reign isn't an issue for when they get called up. Paige never lost the belt and she was the one who made the division a serious thing. Ember got injured so they should have improvised and to be honest I think they need to shift the focus off of non-english speaking talent until they prove that the talent can put on show-stealing matches or that they can book them in an interesting way.

Foggy

The Tournament will be a good launching pad for Shirai if she's in it. They did a good job telling stories in the CWC.

Also her match with Ember in Orlando was great, so I think you're wrong there.

Assuming she is. The timing might not be right due to prior obligations. We'll see soon enough.

Zach

Data West, you're too close to wrestling and need to take a lengthy break.

Roode is booorrriiinnng. Poor Hideo gonna do the J-O-B and never be seen again. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It doens't matter how lame it is, I can't help but smile during Roode's entrance

ReiGun

The worst thing about Booby's eventual move to the main roster is that we aren't going to get special entrances every PPV anymore.

Edit: Even though the standard spinning entrance is still godlike.

It still disappoints me they couldn't get Roode up to the main roster early and got him a spot at Mania. A Bobby Roode WrestleMania entrance would be a sight to behold.

Hideo could use a strong main event (sorta) showing, even putting the injuries aside I've felt like he's never quite delivered in NXT.

The worst thing about Booby's eventual move to the main roster is that we probably aren't going to get special entrances every PPV anymore.

His first mania entrance is going to be insane though (when he's on the preshow, probably)

ElRenoRaven

The worst thing about Booby's eventual move to the main roster is that we probably aren't going to get special entrances every PPV anymore.

I know. I miss the main roster getting special entrances for PPVs. They're so rare now.

He gets heat outside of his entrance

They should change his entrance.

The entrance is one of the most notable parts of the act though. It gets him noticed and makes him seem important. It's a star entrance.

The fact that he's good enough outside of it to get heat is enough justification to not trash something that makes him seem special.

Syder

Roode really knows how to milk his intro.
He's being taught by the best.

tenor.gif

I'd put Itami over here...

And at Brooklyn.

Turn MacIntyre heel and chase Itami...

Drew wins say in November... then Black vs Drew build to New Orleans

ElRenoRaven

The entrance is one of the most notable parts of the act though. It gets him noticed and makes him seem important. It's a star entrance.

The fact that he's good enough outside of it to get heat is enough justification to not trash something that makes him seem special.

Exactly. Wyatt's entrance gets a great reaction and is loved by the fans. Should we dump that too?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so if this match sucks hideo is basically done right?

it could be a 5 star match in ring and itll still reflect badly because this feud has no heat outside of roode. people have moved on past itami with triple his big indie signing of the week.

itami has no character other than 'guy who got injured a bunch' so they need to swerve and turn him heel or just let him go.

Why did Itami look so defeated walking to the ring?

I haven't been watching or following. Is Itami set to win this? Spoiler tag any info.

Top Bottom