• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Michael Flynn Misled Pentagon About His Russia Ties, Letter Says

Maxim726X

Not enough here yet to justify own thread, but more developments from administration.

fYMOZqZ.png

https://twitter.com/TreyYingst

I think it's huge news and absolutely deserves its own thread.

If these individuals are responsible for most of the information coming from the WH... Yeah, it may be coming to an end.

EDIT: Perhaps fake news?

Sounds suspicious.

Why would you wait to fire people you think are leaking classified info?

Unless it's a set-up?
Seeing some reporter-types on twitter speculating that it's a set-up. The scoop is from OAN (sarah palin's old network) and apparently the Office of Gov't Ethics wouldn't have anything to do with this. Seems like it would be a very large security risk to keep known classified leakers employed for another week, but it's not like this admin is really that careful with classified material....

Damaniel

Banned
Not enough here yet to justify own thread, but more developments from administration.

fYMOZqZ.png

https://twitter.com/TreyYingst

Justice has finally been done. Now we can get back to real work - how to cover up all of the stuff that's been uncovered by the leakers...

(Hopefully this won't stop the flood of information coming out of the White House. Between the Mueller investigation silence and reduced leaking, people might start to forget about what's going on in the administration. I *don't* want him to get away with everything.)

jelly

I imagine the IC hates Flynn with a passion and don't want him getting off with a pardon or immunity. Last resort I think.

Flynn already floated that trial balloon. Feds don't seem interested. They either don't need him or they think him sweating might unravel some more threads,

I also think the feds have been trying to imprison Flynn for a bit. Now they have something to potentially put him away for life, I don't see them trading that

I'd have to assume these are Trump people, because I wouldn't put it past him to purge the literal air out of the building if it ran the risk of being expelled by Obama.

You can already guess what the Fox News spin will be.

OH, OANN. Yeah. That's a setup/fake news.

Tovarisc

If these individuals are responsible for most of the information coming from the WH... Yeah, it may be coming to an end.

I wouldn't make own thread for that. Not seen anyone else reporting that stuff and too little info there. I'm not comfortable with idea of making thread about something this big based on few tweets.

Genuine question: why hasn't he been arrested yet?

Because somehow the threshold of proof to nail anyone in the Trump Administration with anything is even higher than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

They can be caught on video and/or audio, literally admitting to what they did and somehow that's nowhere near enough proof to even responsibly say they did something illegal. It's fucking insane.

Seeing some reporter-types on twitter speculating that it's a set-up. The scoop is from OAN (sarah palin's old network) and apparently the Office of Gov't Ethics wouldn't have anything to do with this. Seems like it would be a very large security risk to keep known classified leakers employed for another week, but it's not like this admin is really that careful with classified material....

This is what I'm thinking.

The leakers shouldn't even sweat and just be like:

giphy.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Could just be Trump picked out some fall guys. I guarantee there's more than just three guys leaking shit out of the White House right now. Hell, a WaPo story from the other week had like 30 WH sources.

Really though, once Mueller came into the picture, the investigation seems to be flying.

Mueller's barely been on the job, I'm sure he's just trying to catch up at this juncture. I think the investigation was already rolling fine when he came on, and that's why Trump wanted Comey out.

Justice has finally been done. Now we can get back to real work - how to cover up all of the stuff that's been uncovered by the leakers...

(Hopefully this won't stop the flood of information coming out of the White House. Between the Mueller investigation silence and reduced leaking, people might start to forget about what's going on in the administration. I *don't* want him to get away with everything.)

I mean, some of the papers and stuff that published the leaks sometimes cited dozens of sources. Getting rid of three won't do much. Even if he goes on a massive purge, again, and hires more people he's never going to get this perfect loyalty, especially since the people of Washington, by and large, hate him and his administration

Maxim726X

Could just be Trump picked out some fall guys. I guarantee there's more than just three guys leaking shit out of the White House right now. Hell, a WaPo story from the other week had like 30 WH sources.

Damn, really?

Well, if that's true... No way anyone is going to be plugging that dam anytime soon.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Lol fuckers on Fox News were just defending Flynn.

Can they honestly say it's cool to outright lie to federal investigators?

ICO_SotC

Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to go after the people who leaked that Trump gave out classified info to the Russians.

standard *if it's true* disclaimer.

Sounds suspicious.

Why would you wait to fire people you think are leaking classified info?

Unless it's a set-up? Maybe Trump is "leaking" this so as to spook the actual leakers into some sort of incriminating activity?

Who says it was classified info they were leaking? If so I would think they would be going after more than just their positions.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to go after the people who leaked that Trump gave out classified info to the Russians.

standard *if it's true* disclaimer.

Trump specified "I didn't say anything about Israel", which is code for "We caught the leakers. They are the ones who went public with where that intel came from."

It's a setup. If Trump didn't declassify the Israel part, then the leakers did leak classified information, not Trump.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Mr. Flynn, who resigned this year as President Trump’s national security adviser, told investigators in February 2016 that he had received no income from foreign companies and had only “insubstantial contact” with foreign nationals, according to the letter. In fact, Flynn had two months earlier sat beside President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia at a Moscow gala for RT, the Kremlin-financed television network, which paid Mr. Flynn more than $45,000 to attend the event and give a separate speech.

Actually laughed out loud at this. That has to be one of the most brazen lies I've seen in a long time.

Durden77

Man, I wonder what would make a man with over 30 years of service go to the Russians sooooo hard. Like he's in there deep man. It's fucking looney that he was made NSA and horrifying.

Trump specified "I didn't say anything about Israel", which is code for "We caught the leakers. They are the ones who went public with where that intel came from."

It's a setup. If Trump didn't declassify the Israel part, then the leakers did leak classified information, not Trump.

That's really not what Trump was trying to do when he said that, though.

If Trump preemptively pardoned Flynn, could Flynn still assert his 5th amendment right if he was called to testify since he'd no longer be at risk of prosecution?

Squire

Banned
You know, as this stuff comes out I have got to wonder how in the hell this guy got away with all this for so long. It doesn't even seem like he was that crafty with any of this either.

He must have a few loyal friends, because it's well-known that they mostly hate this motherfucker in Washington. That's half the reason he'll go down.

Top Bottom