• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

super6646

Banned
It also means that the PS4 didn't do so hot, either. I think it sold 297K last October.

So it means PS4 was flat or even DOWN YOY. And my 450k prediction and 300 something k prediction for the PS4 are flat down the drain. This month was very disappointing in terms of hardware.

Bruno MB

My prediction bombed hard!

I didn't expect such a bad hardware sales, low software sales for biggest releases was more expected seeing how both Halo 5 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate did in the UK.

I guess people are waiting for Black Friday deals.

I can't believe I missed my father's death for this. I'm sitting out in the hallway waiting for these numbers before I go in and say goodbye. Hurry up NPD!

Lmao.

MVP goes to guy that used old PR statement and fooled everyone. I may have join these threads more just for the fun. Screw the numbers.

Amazing.

Welfare

So yeah, those holiday numbers... they'll be good right? People were just holding off their PS4 purchases for the holidays, right?

Damn this was bad.

donny2112

This 274k XB1 joke was not funny. ._.

Of course not. SalesAge is serious business. Don't be messin' with my numbers, fool!

Mr_732cb1_141147.jpg

Shin-chan

he could be talking worldwide tho right because that kind of checks out considering ms position outside us/uk
As ridiculous as this would be it's the only way his numbers corroborate with the NPD thread and it would sort of fit in with US + UK being ~66% of Xbox sales too as they will add up to round about 1 million.

I expected a lot of things...

But not this.

These numbers are really... REALLY low... for Halo and a price cut.

Sadly, my first prediction was really low with XB1 winning. I kept upping the numbers and finally put PS4 ahead. I should have held.

Also, as a side note. I love how the official NPD thread is filled with people claiming Uncharted bombed at #9.

1.) Halo 5: Guardians (XBO)
2.) NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) [Note: Second Month]
3.) Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4, XBO)
4.) Madden NFL 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
5.) WWE 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
6.) FIFA 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
7.) Destiny: The Taken King (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
8.) Yoshi's Wooly World (NWU)
9.) Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
10.) Rock Band 4 (XBO, PS4)

When this also happened:
Nirolak said:
1.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
2.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
3.) Super Smash Bros. (NWU, 3DS)
4.) Madden NFL 15 (360, XBO, PS4, PS3)
5.) Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4, XBO, PC)
6.) Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
7.) Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
8.) Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
9.) NBA 2K15 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC)
10.) Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBO)

They are last gen remasters with bundles. What numbers were you expecting?!?!?

allan-bh

NPD George is legit so we have numbers, except for 3DS. And unfortunately september results are based on a litte off numbers for PS4 and Xbox One.

Welfare

So September was really

[XB1] 293K
[PS4] 354K
[WIU] 88K

and this checks out with cream's pie from September.

Damn reading the NPD thread will take forever.

Top Bottom