• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift available for preorder for $599.99, shipping in March

As someone who did not receive an order confirmation but did get an order number, I can no longer look up my order with my order number an my e-mail. It says an e-mail is sent but I never receive it.

Anyone else in the same boat?

This happened to me

I received an order number with no e-mail

I then re-ordered just in case, and received a confirmation e-mail.

I also e-mailed oculus, but have not received a reply back yet

As someone who did not receive an order confirmation but did get an order number, I can no longer look up my order with my order number an my e-mail. It says an e-mail is sent but I never receive it.

You have an order number in an email? Is that not the order confirmation?

Here's a potentially accurate chart of when you might expect your rift to ship (from /r/oculus):

0gh0suO.png

It's been put together by a sampling of about 700 orders so far.

My order went through at 8:05am and I'm a 25X order. Apparently doesn't guarantee me in that first March 28 batch, but I guess I'll live with 93% for now lol.
just backing this up. I ordered at 10:16 pm yesterday and got 34 and a May delivery.

Gumbie

How much of a difference is there between a Google cardboard and an oculus rift? I have google cardboard and I'm not impressed at all. Does the extra technology in the oculus rift make the all the difference? Or is it only slightly better?

Is this a joke? You're asking if there's a big difference between something that costs $20 and something that costs $599?

Seiru

Banned
Palmer confirmed in an interview just now that they have sold out of all Rifts made so far, and all that will be made leading up to the launch. He seemed pretty stoked about their sales, but obviously couldn't give specifics.

Venfayth

You have an order number in an email? Is that not the order confirmation?

I think there's a typo in my post.

When I placed my order, I got to an order confirmation page that gave me an order number and told me I'd receive an order confirmation e-mail, which I never received. Furthermore when I looked up my order it never showed cost, tax, or shipping cost information.

Up until maybe four hours ago or so, I was able to look up my order on the Oculus website by typing in my order number and my e-mail address. I can no longer do so. I'm curious if others who had this bug are experiencing the same thing.

edit: The e-mails are coming in now... I think gmail started flagging them as spam - but they're not showing up in my spam filter until far later after I'm supposed to have received them.

How much of a difference is there between a Google cardboard and an oculus rift? I have google cardboard and I'm not impressed at all. Does the extra technology in the oculus rift make the all the difference? Or is it only slightly better?

I'm going to say,
think black and white tv, vs 4K tv.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You have got to realise that impressions from r/oculus are likely to be kind of biased, right?
I mean, surely this isn't your first experience with hotly anticipated products.

It sounds fantastic, obviously. But it's wise to take it with at least a tiny grain of salt.

There aren't many CES impressions posted yet, I've also linked to impressions from PC Magazine earlier. And when the original context of the question I was replying to was how does the DK2 compare to the CV1 and is it worth the price difference, wouldn't you want impressions from people who have used both, which are more likely to be posted on said subreddit?

Here's some more that aren't from the Oculus Reddit if you'd prefer, there aren't a lot of impression write-ups yet:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2253-htc-vive-oculus-rift-hands-on-at-ces
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...us-rift-is-finally-ready-for-prime-time/28791

Here's PCG on the Vive:

http://www.pcgamer.com/htc-vive-pre-nails-the-big-picturenow-its-time-to-sweat-the-details/

Ovek

7Member7

Me, im gonna email them and see if I get a reply. Sigh its never easy.

This:

http://i.imgur.com/t9DYZid.jpg[IMG]

v

This:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mxpyaPm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Whoa, that's nearly the exact metaphor I used in another thread last week:

[quote="Sleeping Lesson, post: 190218170"]Google Cardboard is a piece of shit. Even the Oculus DK2 is miles better in every respect. It's like playing with [URL="http://i.imgur.com/wLX4ZLy.jpg"]this fucking thing[/URL] and then being like "Eh, Ninja Gaiden isn't great."[/QUOTE]

[EDIT] And it was in reply to the same guy asking the exact same question.

Absinthe

Here's a potentially accurate chart of when you might expect your rift to ship (from /r/oculus):

0gh0suO.png

My order went through at 8:05am and I'm a 25X order. Apparently doesn't guarantee me in that first March 28 batch, but I guess I'll live with 93% for now lol.

Ordered at ~8:11 and I'm a 26x order. According to other VR sites 8:14 was the cutoff for March.

Seiru

Banned

0gh0suO.png

I mean I hope this is true, because then there's some miniscule chance I'll be in the March shipment. My number is right at the 60/40 cutoff point for March :p

Hopefully a few people will cancel their orders..

I think there's a typo in my post.

When I placed my order, I got to an order confirmation page that gave me an order number and told me I'd receive an order confirmation e-mail, which I never received. Furthermore when I looked up my order it never showed cost, tax, or shipping cost information.

Up until maybe four hours ago or so, I was able to look up my order on the Oculus website by typing in my order number and my e-mail address. I can no longer do so. I'm curious if others who had this bug are experiencing the same thing.

edit: The e-mails are coming in now... I think gmail started flagging them as spam - but they're not showing up in my spam filter until far later after I'm supposed to have received them.
Oh I see. Does it not show in your Order History?

Venfayth

Oh I see. Does it not show in your Order History?

I don't have an account, I guest ordered, so every time I want to check my order I have to type in my order number and e-mail, then it e-mails me a link to click on to check it. The old links never work, just redirect me. The problem right now seems to be I'm not receiving any e-mails from them... but.. it might be Gmail's fault. One came through super late marked as spam.

I unmarked it as spam and added Oculus as a contact, but still can't receive any new e-mails when I try to check my order history.

Head.spawn

0gh0suO.png

I placed my order within 6 minutes of the site going live; March delivery.

MaxiLive

I think I got in the March set on the order confirmation but I closed the tab before double checking as I was at work.

I got my confirmation email at 06 January 2016 16:06:06 with an order number of 26 (went live 16:00 my time) then another one an hour later changing my address.

I'm guessing the order page will update in a few weeks with closer estimations once they've sorted out the errors and locked down the stock they have.

I don't have an account, I guest ordered, so every time I want to check my order I have to type in my order number and e-mail, then it e-mails me a link to click on to check it. The old links never work, just redirect me. The problem right now seems to be I'm not receiving any e-mails from them... but.. it might be Gmail's fault. One came through super late marked as spam.

I unmarked it as spam and added Oculus as a contact, but still can't receive any new e-mails when I try to check my order history.
Ah. Well I wish you luck - seems like many orders are unresolved (including mine and several of my friends) so hopefully you're still good.

I'm not receiving them now either.

Naudi

Banned
Well i was thinking about getting one but turns out my computer isnt good enough. It is 2 years old but cost about 2k at the time, i guess my i7-3770 and gtx680 w/4GB are whats holding me back. Bummer! Atleast i know for sure my PS4 will work with PSVR lol maybe next version.

There are a number of people with the same issues discussing it in this reddit thread. A member of the Oculus Support team is responding and it seems like there's nothing to worry about if you got the confirmation screen and an order number. They're working on all the other issues, but your pre-order and place in the queue should be safe.

deadfolk

About three hours after ordering, they sent me an email saying my order was on hold because they couldn't verify my address. I logged a ticket with their support, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure they are snowed under at the moment, but has anyone else had any luck getting replies?

Just worried about losing my place.

There are a number of people with the same issues discussing it in this reddit thread. A member of the Oculus Support team is responding and it seems like there's nothing to worry about if you got the confirmation screen and an order number. They're working on all the other issues, but your pre-order and place in the queue should be safe.

Ha, thanks. Yeah that's it. Ever since not receiving a confirmation email, I've been waiting for my order to take a shit for whatever reason. That gives me a little more confidence.

Dineren

Banned
About three hours after ordering, they sent me an email saying my order was on hold because they couldn't verify my address. I logged a ticket with their support, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure they are snowed under at the moment, but has anyone else had any luck getting replies?

Just worried about losing my place.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, they wouldn't cancel orders over a shipping address problem this far before shipping. It took me around 28 hours to get a response and I emailed them pretty early yesterday so they are probably just way behind.

killroy87

So I did the tool check to see if my PC could handle the Rift, and I was green in everything except USB ports. Apparently I don't have enough USB 3.0 ports. I know I have at least one, so could I use a USB 3.0 hub, or would that not work for some reason?

Dineren

Banned
So I did the tool check to see if my PC could handle the Rift, and I was green in everything except USB ports. Apparently I don't have enough USB 3.0 ports. I know I have at least one, so could I use a USB 3.0 hub, or would that not work for some reason?

I haven't seen them say one way or the other, but I would assume as long as the hub is powered it would be fine. I ended up just ordering the $20 pci-e card they recommended since I was constantly running low on ports anyway.

Piggus

Want to pre-order, but would have to do so through Amazon. They didn't give a whole lot of time to set aside 600 bucks. :/

Jarmel

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:(

Seems like it would be best to just circumvent their audio stuff. Solid DACs aren't that expensive.

NotUS

Just placed my pre-order.

Anyone had any experience with VorpX 0.9 VR injector for Oculus Rift, supposedly makes Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 VR compatible.

ZiZ

I got the confirmation email with the order number, but I can't seem to log-in or register or view my order on the site.

is that common?

Want to pre-order, but would have to do so through Amazon. They didn't give a whole lot of time to set aside 600 bucks. :/

This is my problem too. I was planning to save up for it but they held the price back for so long. Then when they dropped it, it was too high to do as an impulse purchase. I'm actually curious how many would have dived in at this price if there was an optional monthly pay plan. I mean I know there are ways to do that through other means but not without jacking the price even further, I mean like a zero interest when paid in a 6 months/year sorta thing.

Usually you could get something like that at retail but the device won't be available in quantity to even have a hope at it for a long time so that's a real shame.

Top Bottom