• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift available for preorder for $599.99, shipping in March

artsi

Don't worry guys, you'll know when the package is arriving when you hear flip flops outside your door :p

bH56XBS.png

Damn, no email, no confirmation and no charge to the cc ... well, next week looks grim.

I'm a backer and I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation, but if it's anything like the dk2 rollout, we might just find the package outside our doors before any email shows up. That's what happened to me anyway.

The waiting continues. Luckily I'm in the first shipping for the Vive, that will carry me over alright.

I'm a backer and I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation, but if it's anything like the dk2 rollout, we might just find the package outside our doors before any email shows up. That's what happened to me anyway.

The waiting continues. Luckily I'm in the first shipping for the Vive, that will carry me over alright.

Yeah, first round DK2 owner here too. I remember being just as agitated!

Enordash

Damn, no email, no confirmation and no charge to the cc ... well, next week looks grim.

Right there with you. I'm a #26. I had myself convinced that they'd get a good chunk of them out the door on launch. I'm guessing not much will change today either. I don't want my hype to slowly turn into spite!

Edit: I'll actually be pissed if the Vive launches before the Rift shows up. Too bad both will be impossible to get without a preorder.

Right there with you. I'm a #26. I had myself convinced that they'd get a good chunk of them out the door on launch. I'm guessing not much will change today either. I don't want my hype to slowly turn into spite!

Edit: I'll actually be pissed if the Vive launches before the Rift shows up. Too bad both will be impossible to get without a preorder.

I'm 26 too. UK so I thought they might have already started shipping since each country has their own allocation right?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I don't even want to think that my vive will turn up first - that's two weeks out. I was hoping to spend a week with the rift before the vive turns up to help me choose which to keep

I'd love someone from oculus to update us on their process - not detailed 'who will get it when' but simply things like - are they shipping from regional centres; are the bulk orders already in regional centres ready for local distribution; how many are they hoping to ship once they get things up to speed - that kind of thing.

shit I'm 32. April it is ;(

I'm also a 32 and I bought one of the HP 980Ti deals for VR so I'd be really psyched if I received my desktop and Rift in April but I guess alot is still up in the air as to when people with lower numbers will receive there's so I guess well see what happens :p

Has anyone that isn't a KS backer confirmed if there will be a notification prior to charging/shipping the order?

I was in such a rush when I placed the order that I used a debit card so I'll need to make sure I have the required funds on the card in time but I'm worried it might be out of the blue that they charge without prior notice.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hopefully the 31's will be shipping soon. If not in 48 hours, the first week of April would be nice...

I got word back from HTC that my Vive won't be shipping until May. Slept through the damned preorder.

The whole "and preorders" thing is suspect because I don't think I've seen anybody mention a card being charged.

Really hope I'm just being sceptical for nothing though and I get it next week.

LordCanti

Anyone that went into "shipped" status last night have a tracking number this morning? Seeing that they're being shipped sign on delivery, I kinddddd of need to know if it's showing up on Monday before Monday, so hopefully they'll get the tracking numbers populated.

Would be nice if the links were valid for 24 hours. They seem like one time use things

I'm at 20 e-mails from them because I keep checking.

Seiru

Banned
I feel like significantly less people are getting a Rift on the 28th than I thought. Not even all the Kickstarters have tracking numbers yet, and that's only what, a few thousand units? Why even call it a launch at that point, it's more like a soft release.

charpunk

I feel like significantly less people are getting a Rift on the 28th than I thought. Not even all the Kickstarters have tracking numbers yet, and that's only what, a few thousand units? Why even call it a launch at that point, it's more like a soft release.

That's the only thing I'm really upset with at this point is just lack of solid communication around this launch. I can't really fault them since this is the biggest launch they have had so far, it's just disappointing. Hopefully more get sent out on Monday.

They shouldn't have told people a month during order if there is no way to keep track of it. Should have just done what HTC did and just said "hey this is going to start shipping in April and you'll get your unit whenever your spot in line comes up".

This is hilarious, just got my email for my Vive preparing for shipment but no word on my Rift!

Same, but I'm skeptical it means it's shipping soon for everyone that got it, in May wave of shipments. Also someone on r/vive said their online transaction company they use Digital River tends to process things like this with other products, doesn't necessarily mean they're shipping soon just entering a different stage. Makes you wonder why they'd bother with the box content graphic though.

BrettWeir

We were always told that the Rift would ship on the 28th, so no reason to panic just because some backers may be getting it early.

This is exactly what I've been telling myself too. Up until Thursday, I thought that this was the general census (shipping on the 28th). Palmer's tweet regarding early shipping to KS and pre-orders caused an uproar . I'm still thinking a majority of 24's - 28's will see shipping notifications on Monday, possibly Tuesday.

Being a 25, if I don't see anything by Tuesday, then I may be a tad upset, but hey.....what can I do? Nothing but wait.

This is fun to watch. It's a bit awkward and absolutely unscripted so things don't go as planned. Dudes glasses getting stuck in the Rift makes me a little nervous but I think there is a lot to sort out when trying new tech likes this.

The whole package looks a lot smaller than I imagined.

Can't fucking wait.

We're looking at new apartments and the space I am looking at is pretty small so Room Scale is out of the question. At least VR will give me the opportunity to escape in a small space.

LordCanti

I just got my tracking number (US backer, high number) ten minutes ago. Looks like they're going through and inputting tracking numbers for those of us that got flipped to "Shipped" status last night but that didn't have the tracking info.

hype

iceatcs

Who's excited?

I think I am, But I felt indifferent because I'm getting a free Rift. Not like another launch day I have to buy.

But more of feeling excited after I realise I never have DK2, so it will be quite a jump for me that I can move my head forward/backwards this time.

Also looking the VR trailers make me more.

viveks86

I just got my tracking number (US backer, high number) ten minutes ago. Looks like they're going through and inputting tracking numbers for those of us that got flipped to "Shipped" status last night but that didn't have the tracking info.

hype

Nice. So do you have an ETA?

BrettWeir

So.....what software have people been using to kind of rig their current games (Fallout 4, GTA, etc) to work with VR? I've read about Vorpx. Is that the main one?

Would kill for a new Tribes VR title, but Tribes Ascend would be pretty damned cool.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
So.....what software have people been using to kind of rig their current games (Fallout 4, GTA, etc) to work with VR? I've read about Vorpx. Is that the main one?

Would kill for a new Tribes VR title, but Tribes Ascend would be pretty damned cool.

Vorpx, Tridef, and Vireio were the mains ones. I don't know the status of Tridef and Vireio anymore but I am a customer of VorpX. I played quite a few games in it and quite like it.

I'm still waiting for a delivery date, so I guess I'll be Tuesday too. Well, that's fine with me. I'm taking that day off eitherway. Fortunately I have a personal day in my back pocket so I can be flexible.

So good to have a tracking number though!

Top Bottom