• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir coming to North America

Odin Sphere was my GotY 2007, I'm in for this on PS4 day one! Can't wait to revisit it. I'd rather have a sequel but I'll take this just for improved performance over the PS2 version.

Don't take it personal, but this posts makes me sad :(

It reminds me of an episode of an 80's sitcom where a less cultured character was describing Roxanne's plot, and the main character (an educated doctor) mentioned Cyrano de Bergerac; obviously the first character replied with "They plagiarized Roxanne?". :)

18-Volt

Localization announcement this fast can only mean Atlus tax. Though they have never had tax on PS games before.

Physical copy? Hell yes!

Day one, and I'm going to bug my friends until they all get copies too. I'll do my part, and hopefully it sells well.

Nice to have confirmation, though I never doubted.
If GG gets ported to Vita then the Vita could become a nice Vanillaware machine.

Pejo

And there it is. Buying physical for PS4. Did they comment on Cross-save yet for the platforms? specifically PS4 <-> Vita. If so, I'll buy digital Vita version as well. I like having the beginnings of a Vanillaware collection on Vita.

Also, someone was kind enough to upload the gameplay portion of that stream that was taken down. This is the best footage we have so far of how the new combat works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htsy4hF4sAk&feature=youtu.be

Looks they they've totally changed the inventory system, everything has a separate section and the seeds can be stacked. That's a very, very welcome change - inventory management was a constant nightmare in the original.

ScOULaris

Looks they they've totally changed the inventory system, everything has a separate section and the seeds can be stacked. That's a very, very welcome change - inventory management was a constant nightmare in the original.

For sure. Not to mention combat has been beefed up considerably. It looks so much better. I can't contain my excitement watching this footage.

The only thing that's odd is how the POW gauge no longer drops as you attack. It's like you can just string together infinite combos on enemies once you get them airborne, which is weird. I think that might end up being changed before the final release.

mejin

So many japanese games to play on PS4.

fry_drooling.gif

Top Bottom