• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir coming to North America

KiteGr

Will get whichever version is the retail one.

Otherwise, I'll most likelly get the Vita version since its a single player (vita wifi sucks) game and i dont think there'll be a big graphical diference.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if the localized game will release on the same day (or very close) as the Japanese version.

MightyKAC

An HD remade Odin Sphere with updated combat on my Vita?

AND a physical release???

Well damn, I guess now I HAVE to buy it....

AmanoBuff

Great news!

Will get both Vita physical and digital. This is one of the few games I want to collect and also have at all times on my Vita.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, looks incredible. But again I shouldn't be so impressed. It's Vanillaware after all.

Great, if expected news. Importing is easy for me, physically or digitally so any delay in Europe is irrelevant to me to be honest.

Question though - some of you guys are asking NISA to bring this to Europe. Why wouldn't Sega do it as they own Atlus now?

Great, if expected news. Importing is easy for me, physically or digitally so any delay in Europe is irrelevant to me to be honest.

Question though - some of you guys are asking NISA to bring this to Europe. Why wouldn't Sega do it as they own Atlas now?
They haven't done so so far.

P4DAN, Etrian Odyssey and Stella Glow for example are coming to Europe from NISA. SEGA doesn't seem to be interested in publishing their games here, sadly

Interesting. So when are Sega going to start learning from Atlus then?

Sega Europe don't have any physical publishing arm in Europe any more, Koch Media publish the odd 2 or 3 games they actually release physically (Football Manager and Total War). That's why we were all saying they were one of the worst possible buyers for Atlus.

Sega Europe don't have any physical publishing arm in Europe any more, Koch Media publish the odd 2 or 3 games they actually release physically (Football Manager and Total War). That's why we were all saying they were one of the worst possible buyers for Atlus.

Whatever relationship Koch Media has with SEGA (I think they are just the distributor but I don't know details) could easily extend to other SEGA Japan/ATLUS titles if they wanted.

Koch Media is doing a great job distributing games for all kinds of companies here (Tecmo-Koei and Square-Enix for example) and they're also bringing Hatsune Miku from SEGA here.

Question though - some of you guys are asking NISA to bring this to Europe. Why wouldn't Sega do it as they own Atlus now?

They seem to have a deal with Atlus for a lot of games. They brought Dragon's Crown over, as well as Etrian Odyssey's 3DS titles, P4G and are bringing over P4D. I think (hope) it's pretty likely that they'll bring Odin Sphere our way too.

I prefer not having to import because I like to support EU localisations as much as possible, if it makes them quicker and stops us from missing a handful of releases altogether.

Razzorn34

Grand Knights History remake next after a new game please.

Seriously. I still can't believe this never got released in the West. The English text by Xseed was already completely done. Apparently people were too busy with Dragon's Crown and it just got swept under the rug.

Whatever relationship Koch Media has with SEGA (I think they are just the distributor but I don't know details) could easily extend to other SEGA Japan/ATLUS titles if they wanted.

Koch Media is doing a great job distributing games for all kinds of companies here (Tecmo-Koei and Square-Enix for example) and they're also bringing Hatsune Miku from SEGA here.

I've not seen any evidence that Koch have a long term partnership with Sega or anything, they just seem to be a distributor Sega use for some of their products. If Koch did actually distribute Project Diva F 2nd here then that answers my question if they handle Vita releases. In which case Sega Europe doesn't really have an excuse why they keep partnering with NISA instead of Koch, surely it would be better to have a stable partner rather than every release having to go through this uncertainty.

Xater

I've not seen any evidence that Koch have a long term partnership with Sega or anything, they just seem to be a distributor Sega use for some of their products. If Koch did actually distribute Project Diva F 2nd here then that answers my question if they handle Vita releases. In which case Sega Europe doesn't really have an excuse why they keep partnering with NISA instead of Koch, surely it would be better to have a stable partner rather than every release having to go through this uncertainty.

Koch Media distributed Dragon's Crown and that was PS3 and Vita.

Just checked my Vita copy of Diva F 2nd and it is distributed by Koch. Koch also did the Vita releases for Koei Tecmo. I can only think that ATLUS JP/ATLUS USA and NISA have some kind of long-term agreement where NISA has right of first refusal to publish their titles or something.

Great news, at least means it should be not too too long after the japanese release if they announced it already. And since PS3/PS4, I can just use my US PSN account to buy it without waiting for inevitable 6months euro delay, like I did for Dragon's Crown, so just fine.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
L4Apzlx.jpg

Celebrate

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
How is Muramasa? Will I like it if I enjoyed Dragons Crown?

Shin-chan

Looking forward to this - I've constantly toyed with buying the PS2 classic while it's on sale but I'm glad I waited.

Will get the digital version if there's no European announcement, but I'd like to pick up a physical copy as well NISA

Looking forward to this - I've constantly toyed with buying the PS2 classic while it's on sale but I'm glad I waited.

Will get the digital version if there's no European announcement, but I'd like to pick up a physical copy as well NISA

Aye, I'll just import it if it's digital only myself though, since it's unlikely to get DLC. I've already filled a 32GB and 64GB memory card with games for my Vita, I don't really need more digital games.

Really wish EU releases weren't such a crap shoot.

Shin-chan

Aye, I'll just import it if it's digital only myself though, since it's unlikely to get DLC. I've already filled a 32GB and 64GB memory card with games for my Vita, I don't really need more digital games.

Really wish EU releases weren't such a crap shoot.

Agreed, but these days it's basically just Atlus that's a worry since most other JP publishers have acknowledged a strong market for their content in mainland Europe.

I know they work with NISA (and possibly SEGA in the future, who knows) but it's incredibly frustrating and hard to get too excited when Vita and 3DS games are announced by them. Since this is PS4 as well I'm pretty happy, though.

Top Bottom