• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jan 2008 NPD Thread - HW Shortages + Spectacular SW

dolemite

CubeRevolution said:
Ltd:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 626,000
Carnival Games: 655,000
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles: 300,000
Guitar Hero III (Wii): 1,5 M.
Wii Play: 4.4 million
Huge, now where's Rock Band Wii?

polyh3dron said:
parkerdance5.gif

Party Time for us PS3 fans!

party.gif

diddlyD

Banned
Liquid said:
:lol at anyone who thinks the ps3 sold more this month for any other reason that it being readily in stock. 360 and wii could not be found. blu ray had no impact. look at the software sales? 360 still dominates. sony was basically given this month. charity case total.

oh wow, this thread should be great for weeding out all the hidden 360 fanbois. i expect many more tears and brilliant meltdowns...

Arthas

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
So what you're saying is that Sony's strategy of keeping plenty of hardware on the shelves has sort of, you know, paid off?

Nope, sony's strategy of the ps3 selling poorly in relation to the competition throughout last year has left them with plenty of stock, microsoft anf nintendo are spent after the holiday break, since they outsold the ps3 10x as much as the ps3 is outselling the xbox360 now.

Sean

Banned
Two LTD's:

Rock Band (X360) - 958,000
Call of Duty 4 (PS3) - 1,105,000

CoD4 is the first PS3 game in US to sell a million.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
dr3upmushroom said:
So one month equals win?
Hell, one week equals win if you followed certain Media Create threads over the past year with certain PS3 or PSP releases.

TJ Spyke

dr3upmushroom said:
So one month equals win?

Especially when it still fails to outsell the Wii. I guess PS3 owners need any littl evictory they can get (just like GameCube owners in 2004 felt).

Whoever said Blu-Ray had no impact needs to get their head examined. It was a legit reason to switch. Did you see Craigslist and eBay ignite the day after WB said they're going Blu-Ray only? HD-DVD player sales, 360 sales, and Swaps for PS3 requests exploded. Guys at Best Buy and GameStop both said they had a rush on PS3s that week.

d[-_-]b

Banned
TJ Spyke said:
Especially when it still fails to outsell the Wii. I guess PS3 owners need any littl evictory they can get (just like GameCube owners in 2004 felt).
I had typed the same msg, then I felt bad and typed a different msg :D.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AltogetherAndrews said:
So what you're saying is that Sony's strategy of keeping plenty of hardware on the shelves has sort of, you know, paid off?
So that's what all that unsold stock from the past few months was for, amirite?

/ducks

DuckRacer

Good sales for PS3, everything else is mediocre.

EDIT: Saw PSP and PS2 numbers, they're good too.

Also, we need BO:p PS3 numbers.

pswii60

schuelma said:
Two points

1- I agree that those saying OMG THE CONSOLE WAR IS OVER PSTRIPLE IS BACK are overdoing things

2- This is still a very good performance for PS3, irrespective of any shortages on the Wii and 360 end.

NeoUltima

For those saying "Ps3 owners don't buy games."
Ps3 CoD4 actually had a slightly better attach rate than 360 for January. Most multiplats sell about 3:1 in favor of 360, which is in line with the userbases. Its not that Ps3 owners don't buy games, its that there aren't enough Ps3 owners to pull the high hard numbers like 360 is currently doing.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mrbob said:
It has to do with competition. The more quality choices out there, the less you'll sell overall.

This isn't true either.

You're assuming people are simply settling for GH3, which neither of us can't actually know for sure. I'm sure there are plenty of people who:

A: Only own a Wii and love guitar hero
B: Only own a Wii but don't want GH and only want RB

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!

This is only one months sales, and while i agree that it's great news for Sony. There's no need for 'empire strikes back' gifs and comments. Get a grip people!

Top Bottom