• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jan 2008 NPD Thread - HW Shortages + Spectacular SW

dralla

8a18ebt.gif

Liquid said:
:lol no tears here. sony has no momentum. momentum would be every one on even ground and sony catching up and surpassing. not beating a handicapped opponent. again 1 ps3 game on the charts is bad considering this supposed "momentum"

5cywlc.gif

Busaiku said:
So if that NMH number is true, that'd make it the best performing Suda51 game ever right?
So awesome.

Easily.

I see very little reason to believe a mod is lying about NMH numbers

So it was a mod? Well that's good news then, should be pretty reliable numbers.

Liquid

Banned
until you can honestly say without a doubt that sony kicked as on their own and not because of anything else then meh. i mean can you say that if wii and 360 were well stocked sony would look as good? hell no. they'd still have the lowest amount of next gen hardware sold.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
THe PS3 selling 30% more than expected is the biggest statistic on the list. Regardless of X360 and Wii shortages, the PS3 still did much better than was expected and that is great news for Sony.

Kosma

Banned
Wii is supply constrained because it's selling out all over the world.

The 360 is supply constrained because ______________?

botticus

sp0rsk said:
Does anyone have K7 numbers handy?
If NMH sells over 100k, it will have almost outsold K7 GC+PS2. In like two weeks.

Nuclear Muffin said:
By over 5 times with both the GCN and PS2 versions combined :D
Are those the first month numbers or what? LTD is substantially higher.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
IF those NMH numbers are correct..then that is a really fucking big deal.

Lightning

Banned
jstevenson said:
Hoooot. Have fun kids.

/goes back to playing R2
That's not fair!!!!!

Anyway, PS3 beat the 360, DS and PSP and FINALLY the PS2. I feel happy. If the PS2 outsells the PS3 ever again in the US I will be very unhappy.

Liquid said:
:lol no tears here. sony has no momentum. momentum would be every one on even ground and sony catching up and surpassing. not beating a handicapped opponent. again 1 ps3 game on the charts is bad considering this supposed "momentum"

so "momentum" is defined as an object speeding up considerably and every moving object around it stopping simultaneously?

Draft

oo Kosma oo said:
Wii is having shortages because it's selling out all over the world.

The 360 is having shortages because ______________?
MS has had it up to here with you people rejecting the asstastic Halo 3 Special Edition Deluxe. They will manufacture no other models until you cooperate.

frAntic_Frog said:
february ought to continue that blu-ray push for ps3 as the netflix and bestbuy events recently

Feb? Try the rest of the year. If Sony is smart, they need to make the base-line PS3 as cheap as the low-end Blu-Ray models that will come out as Blu-Ray takes over. If they can catch the wave of the media frenzy that will probably play up a bit in coming months as it becomes more official that Blu-Ray has won, then they are going to get those people who abstained from PS3 for "price" cuz it was "just a game system" now since it is now, in their minds, a legit "media" device and the "future" of home movie entertainment. And of course, they're getting next-gen titles. And the price is as much as stand-alone Blu-Ray player, so why not get the PS3, as well? Sony may have found it's get out of jail free card. Now get those Killer apps out in time.

Odysseus

Banned
Liquid said:
until you can honestly say without a doubt that sony kicked as on their own and not because of anything else then meh. i mean can you say that if wii and 360 were well stocked sony would look as good? hell no. they'd still have the lowest amount of next gen hardware sold.

270k is an impressive number for ps3. you can be impressed by it, it's ok. it doesn't make you less of an xbot to admit sony did well for a month. they won't take your jacket, you won't lose your seat at major nelson's next dinner party.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MrPing1000 said:
the breakdown.

ps3 sold about what was expected, a little over even.

DS, Wii, 360 sold way less than predicted due to supply contraints. Wii still outsold PS3.

This months npd isn't really drama filled.

Looks like it sold 25% over what was expected. The rest is right though.

I think this is very great news for Sony and everyone who invested in the platform(s). With both PSP and PS3 pushing very strong sales all around and PSP doing so continuously(Especially in Japan). If Sony can keep hype going and bringing more to the table they might just be able to overtake Microsoft by a large margin.

Even more so with games such as FFVII: Crisis Core hitting the PSP this month in North America. It's great news for sure, but not a guaranteed win just yet because Nintendo is supply constrained with the Wii and to an lesser extent the DS.

But PS3 and PSP do have a lot of big games and neat things coming for them(Skype, HOME) so they will have momentum as well. Should be very interesting to watch going on.

Xavien

wow, i guess selling 1.3million (Wii) and 2.4million (DS) in December really cleaned out Nintendo's warehouses.

I know Nintendo is known for being cautious on shipments, but they really need to up their production by at-least twice to meet demand.

BboyDubC

Liquid said:

We heard you the first couple times. You're clearly in meltdown territory, and that only ends in a banning here at GAF.

Liquid said:

soapbox207.jpg

Top Bottom