• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just watched the interview again. Joakim is portrayed by a totally real person. There is too much life and emotion in his eyes for it to be CG. His lips move as they should and the dialogue is way too natural sounding. Pretty funny interview! Metal Gear Solid 5 looks crazy!

abrack08

I'm not sure if I see the problem here.

Well, you said to do that "if it's real". But coloring each team has nothing to do with whether or not it ends up being real. And it's not much of a punishment for the "losing" side, especially if it's the side that ends up looking like a mod. But again, I do like the idea of some sort of branding for each side.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Well, you said to do that "if it's real". But coloring each team has nothing to do with whether or not it ends up being real. And it's not much of a punishment for the "losing" side, especially if it's the side that ends up looking like a mod. But again, I do like the idea of some sort of branding for each side.

Do I really need to pull out Rainier Wolfcastle here?
Blue wins: blue username = normal color
Red wins: red username = mod

so it's stacked towards the SUPERIOR team.

31QwmH4.png

I'll let Kojima slap my butt with a wooden board if that is CG.
But sadly, it isn't.

gryz

Banned
so I just watched this again with my extremely observant fiancee, and she convinced me its CGI.

among the reasons: most of the time when he's talking he has his eyes closed as its probably too difficult to render both accurately at the same time. his eyes move around much less realistically than geoffs, the actual human eyes move around more randomly darting off to the side etc.

QiBRRhl.png

Phazon

For someone closing his eyes so much and panicking at the end, his pupils aren't shrinking and dillating very much imo.

Go and look for yourself in the mirror. close you eyes for 10 seconds . Open them and directly look to your pupils in the mirror. Then you know what I want to say :p

So I'm going for

QiBRRhl.png

so I just watched this again with my extremely observant fiancee, and she convinced me its CGI.

among the reasons: most of the time when he's talking he has his eyes closed as its probably too difficult to render both accurately at the same time. his eyes move around much less realistically than geoffs, the actual human eyes move around more randomly darting off to the side etc.

QiBRRhl.png

Good eye on her.
the day we can escape the uncanny valley is the day reality itself is unfurled.

forrest

formerly nacire
31qwmh4adz3z.png

After the bomb drops all you teamCG fools will be asking each other...

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

Xun

Pretty much.

Also the guy who did the acting would've been motion captured, and recorded with cameras to give the animators as much reference as they can to make this seem believable.

FluxWaveZ

How will you sleep at night when CG reaches (if it already hasn't) photorealism?

Hell, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep again if this Joakim guy turns out to be CG as my perception of the world will have been shattered.

He's not, though.

First time watching, I did immediately observe that he had his eyes closed way too much keeping this thread in mind...

Rapstah

Well seeing as this is going to all levels of crazy I'll just leave these here for you folks to tart up your avatars with

pRPYDu3.png

AVu9i8M.png

I am an idiot and downloaded the right-facing one and flipped it. Lips Dude is also too overweight to fit in the bandages unstretched, but it works.

Phazon

QiBRRhl.png

I just was reading about this today for my homework. It's this you are referring to I think ^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccade

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I want to believe it's CG, but I'm super skeptical. I think I'd rather have my mind blown than have my suspicions confirmed,

Top Bottom