• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On this day, 8 years ago, the world lost an amazing man... Mr. Steve Irwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi

Banned
I have no real affection for Steve Irwin, he was way bigger in America than Australia, but damn if I don't hate how people celebrated his death because they perceived him mistreating animals, etc. He was a huge conservationist and put a lot of money into preservation. He would be a leading voice on climate change if he was still around.

hidys

I have no real affection for Steve Irwin, he was way bigger in America than Australia, but damn if I don't hate how people celebrated his death because they perceived him mistreating animals, etc. He was a huge conservationist and put a lot of money into preservation. He would be a leading voice on climate change if he was still around.

Fucking aye.

There was a reason the sea shepherds named one of their boats after him.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Wait, what? People celebrated him dying? Who? What? Where? When? and most of all, Why?

panty

I certainly don't hate stingrays. What a strange thing to say.

You go near a starving polar bear and then start hating it too?

E: Time sure flies, 8 years already...

i know bill maher made a bunch of gloating jokes about it

Bill Maher is just a hateful ass, and also a comedian.

Did a video of the incident ever surface?

I believe the wife says she destroyed it. I'm sure there wasn't really that much to see as fast as it happened, and given the fact that I'm sure the cameraman stopped filming once he realized something was wrong. He said he just turned the camera back from watching the stingray swim away and suddenly Irwin was surrounded by bloody water.

-NeoTB1-

I'll never forget the day he died. For one, I was a huge fan. So naturally I was very upset when I heard of his death. Also, this was the same day that I started dating my wife. We were sitting in the DFW airport waiting for my plane to arrive when the news hit. Talk about a bittersweet day...

i watched his show on a daily basis back then.

he was an inspiration, and will be missed.

kmBeEcz.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was a big fan of his and use to always watch his show, I was devasted when I found out he died, and I might be wrong but wasent it also just a few weeks after he had his first movie?

StayDead

Steve Irwin got a new generation of people into nature and animals and for that we have a lot to thank hiim for. I know for me it was a mix of him and David Attenbrough that gave me such a sense of love for animals, I loved them since I was a kid, but they made me truely appreciate how amazing they are.

Can't believe it's been 8 years :(

I was really shocked at the nature of his death, i knew he was big around the world but i didn't know he was THAT big. I felt the emotion of his passing through everyone else that was touched by it. Feel like a fool for not appreciating him while he was alive, but he was a gentle all round nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom