• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscar Nominations 2016 |OT| 5:30am PT Thur Jan 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Oscar Isaac was good in Ex Machina, but I think at least Idris Elba did an even better job.

Don't worry, Isaac will win it in the future, no doubt about that.

Has MacBeth been getting any buzz? haven't heard of it in months.

That Cinematography from the trailer was some next level shit.

Javier

Haven't seen many films this year, but I will give a shout out to Bear Story in the Animated Short category. (Chile's only chance at getting an Oscar this year)

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
That's a good question, and I must admit to not having seen many of the other contenders. Maybe Leo IS the best out of the options. All I know is that he's done far better work in far better films in the past.

Yeah he has done far better work though his performance in the Revenant is on par with the other options the academy has in front of them this year. Same with Fassbender who has done far better work in the past but has put up a decent enough performance in Steve Jobs to win an oscar.

No 'OMG this deserves an oscar' performances this year sadly..

Fury Road for Best Everything.

In a perfect and just world this would be the case :)

Having seen the movie, it has some of the best cinematography I've ever seen. It needs to be nominated but it's sad to think it might be forgotten. It's a really visceral adaptation.

hamchan

On one side I would love to see Leo finally get an Oscar. On the other I would find it hilarious to see him snubbed again.

Farsi

Oscar Isaac was good in Ex Machina, but I think at least Idris Elba did an even better job.

Don't worry, Isaac will win it in the future, no doubt about that.

Oscar's career is only getting started, and it's weird to say that since he's already in his mid-30s but no doubt with the way his career is going he'll land one for sure.

Ridley327

Not particularly. The Weinsteins kind of buried it, and with a lot of the discussion about the film centered on its debut on Amazon Prime next month, it's likely to stay that way.

jett

D-Member
Mad Max better win something. Best action movie i've ever seen.

Uhm no.

Mad Max has a high chance of getting the most awards of the night since there's no frontrunner for the major categories. Will probably sweep all the technical stuff.

Into

Boyhood should get nominated

It took 12 years to make. So it should be nominated for the next 12 years.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think Spotlight has Best Picture wrapped up. I'd be shocked if it wasn't nominated and didn't also win.

I don't know why Writing's on the Wall is getting these Best Original Song noms. Must have been a slow year.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
The cinematography nominations.... also cheers everytime Mad Max is mentioned. The crowd has good taste! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom