• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oscar Nominations 2016 |OT| 5:30am PT Thur Jan 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigorath

Banned
Revenant has had an amazing Oscar campaign. They've managed to successfully convince everyone that the entire cast and crew nearly died making this movie.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Best Picture - The Revenant

Best Director - Alejandro G. Iñárritu, The Revenant

Best Actor - Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

Best Actress - Brie Larson, Room

Best Supporting Actor - Sylvester Stallone, Creed

Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Jason Leigh, The Hateful Eight

Original Score - Ennio Morricone, The Hateful Eight

Original Song - “Writing’s on the Wall,” Spectre - Music and Lyric by Jimmy Napes and Sam Smith

Best Animated Feature - Inside Out - Pete Docter and Jonas Rivera

Best Film Editing - Mad Max: Fury Road - Margaret Sixel

Best Visual Effects - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Roger Guyett, Patrick Tubach, Neal Scanlan and Chris Corbould

Best Cinematography - The Revenant - Emmanuel Lubezki

Best Production Design - Mad Max: Fury Road - Colin Gibson (Production Design); Lisa Thompson (Set Decoration)

Best Costume Design - Cinderella - Sandy Powell

Best Makeup & Hairstyling - The Revenant - Siân Grigg, Duncan Jarman and Robert Pandini

Best Foreign Language Film - Son of Saul - Hungary; Directed by László Nemes

Best Documentary Feature - Cartel Land

Best Animated Short Film - World of Tomorrow

Toothless

or McKay winning Best Director, for a movie that doesn't look like it was directed by anyone for large sections of time

Wut. Big Short's direction is wonderful and definitely feels like a McKay film in a good way.

That said, you'll probably get Inarritu undeservedly winning his fourth Oscar.

I enjoyed big Short quite a bit but I didn't care much for McKays direction in it. Plus splicing in those random pop culture clips including his own stuff was such a baffling and off putting move. The award that one should win is screenplay

Personally think it would be criminal for him to win an Oscar over miller, though I think that for the other nominees too

Fuck it give it to Spielberg again if the prospect of giving it to the director of an action movie scares them so much.

Parch

I'd like to see Revenant miss out on all the major awards. It's really overrated.

I hope Room and Spotlight do well.

I like Leo but (imho) he doesn't deserve an Oscar for his Revenant role.
I think Eddie Redmayne had a better overall performance with The Danish Girl.
Fassbender is a strong candidate as well but I'd definitely go with Eddie for this one.

I don't wanna live in a world where Eddie Redmayne has 2 Oscars for 2 Oscar-bait movies that are 2 years apart and no one will remember in 4 years, while Al Pacino has just one.

If they're awarding the best performance it should go to Fassbender, but they'll mostly give it to Leo because he's "due" and it's fitting since this is one of his weaker performances. Part of me hopes Fassbender wins just to see the Internet's meltdown.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Wow so much Revenant hate lol. Don't get it. Best movie of the year for me. I hope it wins Best Picture, best supporting actor and best actor. Well deserved if it happens too.

MrV4ltor

If Writing's On The Wall wins Best Original Song...
biblio_zps23dff242.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom