• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 13, 2015

newjeruse

I'm actually surprised BF hardline is holding so well considering its average critical reception.
For some reason people think this game was more panned than it was. I'm not saying "average" isn't a fair description of its reception, but it seemed like people were prepared to dislike this game and that has been the narrative since it has been released. A 75 on Metacritic is completely respectable.

That said, I think it did a lot better in the UK than it will do in the U.S.

Daemul

The problem with MCV top ten is that it doesn't include digital sales. It only includes some digital sales that some companies decided to share with them which is something I don't really feel confortable considering it can be easily exploitable.

MCV asks EA how many copies of BF: Hardline were sold on the UK Origin/PSN/XBLA and they say 400k copies. Where is the proof? Might as well go to the banned site if we start forming opinions from a chart that doesn't name their sources which MCV doesn't.

If their digital sales chart is to be trusted they have at least to name those that shared their data.

Comparing getting numbers from EA to getting them from a banned site is complete nonsense, EA actually has access to those numbers and they cannot lie about them. Not to mention that digital sales ARE actually fully recorded, but they aren't usually shared with the public.

NHale

Comparing getting numbers from EA to getting them from a banned site is complete nonsense, EA actually has access to those numbers and they cannot lie about them. Not to mention that digital sales ARE actually fully recorded, but they aren't usually shared with the public.

If they are doing it as an anonymous source sure they can.

Cassovia

I'm really happy for Bloodborne and hoping for even greater numbers in upcoming weeks.
Well deserved.

Toukiden had a bad timing.
Personally I like the Vita version, but when I tried demo on PS4 the magic was gone.

sörine

Banned
Given the failure on PS4, I wonder where software houses are going to bring their hunting action games after PSV, if Sony is not going to release another handheld.
Given TK PS4 was made for the western market, and GE2B PS4 tanked in Japan already, I suspect this might signal the end of PS4 hunting ports. They'll probably continue Vita only as long as the system's still viable in Japan, then who knows (iOS? Android? NX?).

dolemite

Next week we have Dark Souls 2 PS4/One Edition out. I suspect the PS4 version will sell well below the Bone version due to the Bloodborne effect.

Derpyduck

Banned
Next week we have Dark Souls 2 PS4/One Edition out. I suspect the PS4 version will sell well below the Bone version due to the Bloodborne effect.

Bloodborne has made me want DS2 even more. I can't wait to finally play a Souls game with an acceptable framerate. Unless of course they fuck up the port and the framerate only hits 60 on rare occasions.

Chris1

ASDA have been bundling hardline quite heavily, replacing their old FH2 bundle.

Xbox One with X Men DOTF & BF Hardline £327
PS4 with Driveclub & BF Hardline £327

There's no driveclub in the charts so it may not be moving many units though.

Percy

Banned
First time in a while I've thought the top spot was well earned. Bloodborne is easily the best release this gen so far that hasn't been Nintendo published... which may not be saying a lot admittedly, but it is a truly fantastic game.

I know that XB1 only players are probably starving for a new game at the minute so it's certainly a possibility, but personally, I'd be willing to bet the PS4 version outsells the Xbox version easily.

That's assuming the PS4 and Xbone have the same number of Souls fans and I highly doubt that's the case at all. I'm betting the PS4 version will easily outsell the Xbone version, even if it is competing with Bloodborne on PS4.

I wonder if we can expect a BB hitting 1 million announcement sometime soon? Early showings from UK and Japan look very healthy and Infamous took 9 days for comparison's sake.

yazanov

Banned
Good Bloodborne sales. Hopefully we will see Bloodborne 2 sooner rather than later after the initial success of the franchise debut. Sony has one hell of an IP on their hands and I hope they treat it well.

Tubie

The average gamer that plays COD/BF/Sports could careless about reviews. I've seen a lot of casual gamers on my facebook feed talking about how Hardline is amazing haha

The rewiews aren't wrong for the most part as far as single player goes.

If you only care about multiplayer the game is great tho and the servers actually work properly (thats the low bar BF4 set lol).

Italy:
01. Battlefield Hardline (EA, PS4)
02. Battlefield Hardline (EA, XOne)
03. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom, PS4)
04. Battlefield Hardline (EA, PS3)
05. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Square Enix, PS4)
06. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar, PS4)
07. Minecraft (Sony, PS3)
08. Battlefield Hardline (EA, X360)
09. Dying Light (Warner Bros., PS4)
10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision, PS4)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/14755...dline-e-primo-nelle-classifiche-italiane.html

Kyoufu

"
Dispatched from and sold by Level99Games. "

It's not from amazon

lqei3Kj.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, so: going with the number posted earlier, and bringing it to 100%, we have

Week 13

[PS4] Bloodborne - 45,053
[ALL] Battlefield: Hardline - 67,553 (-43%)

Week 12

01 (NE) PS4 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 54,516
02 (NE) XBO BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 50,961
03 (NE) PS4 FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
04 (NE) WIU MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO)
05 (02) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
07 (01) PS4 DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
08 (NE) 360 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 7,111
09 (03) XBO DYING LIGHT (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
10 (NE) XBO FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
11 (NE) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM)
12 (07) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
13 (05) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
14 (NE) PS3 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 3,555

[PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 3,555 < x < 7,111

__

[ALL] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 6,837 < x < 13,675
[XBO] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 1,572 < x < 3,145
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 889 < x < 1,778
[360] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 752 < x < 1,504

[XBO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 4,480 < x < 7,111

__

[ALL] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 20,365 < x < 32,323
[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 15,885 < x < 25,212

Alo0oy

Banned

The vast majority of the Souls community is on the playstation platform, I'm gonna go ahead & say that your prediction is an impossibility.

Flayer

I reckon Bloodborne must have significant PSN sales as well considering that buying it via USA PSN account was by far the cheapest way to acquire the game. Even buying from a UK PSN account was very similar to the price for a physical copy

Shantom

Can someone explain to me what's the notion of "95%"?

Not entirely sure if this is right, someone can correct me if it isn't:
Chart Track, unlike other trackers like NPD or Media Create, give the actual sales figures they have data for, and don't try to estimate the rest of the market. It's thought Chart Track get figures from 95% of the retail market, and therefore if we get official sales from the UK, we know those figures need to be weighted up to 100%.

noobie

Banned
Not entirely sure if this is right, someone can correct me if it isn't:
Chart Track, unlike other trackers like NPD or Media Create, give the actual sales figures they have data for, and don't try to estimate the rest of the market. It's thought Chart Track get figures from 95% of the retail market, and therefore if we get official sales from the UK, we know those figures need to be weighted up to 100%.

QFT

Bruno MB

yW8JH.png

Germany:
Week 13, 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 BLOODBORNE (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
02 (01) PS4 BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (02) WIU MARIO PARTY 10 (NINTENDO)
04 (47) PS4 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
05 (NE) PS4 BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
06 (__) PS4 WATCH DOGS - BONUS EDITION (UBISOFT)
07 (87) PS4 LITTLEBIGPLANET 3 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
08 (11) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (07) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
10 (__) PS4 WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
11 (34) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
12 (__) PS4 ASSASSIN&#8217;S CREED IV - BLACK FLAG (PS4 EXKLUSIVE EDITION) (UBISOFT)
13 (10) 3DS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA&#8217;S MASK 3D (NINTENDO)
14 (04) PS4 FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD (KOCH MEDIA)
15 (__) XBO MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
16 (__) PS4 LEGO BATMAN 3 - JENSEITS VON GOTHAM (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
17 (03) XBO BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
18 (27) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
19 (06) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS 2 (CAPCOM EUROPE)
20 (12) PS4 DRAGON BALL: XENOVERSE (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
21 (NE) XBO BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
22 (22) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
23 (15) PS3 MINECRAFT - PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
24 (__) XBO FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 (DIVERSE DISTRIBUTOREM)
25 (__) PS3 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
26 (05) PC BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
27 (08) PS3 BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
28 (13) PS4 MINECRAFT - PS4 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
29 (__) PS4 LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
30 (__) XBO WATCH DOGS (UBISOFT)
31 (44) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
32 (__) XBO RYSE - SON OF ROME (DIVERSE DISTRIBUTOREM)
33 (52) PS4 DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
34 (__) PC CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
35 (70) 360 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
36 (23) 3DS POKÉMON: ALPHA SAPHIR (NINTENDO)
37 (17) 3DS POKÉMON: OMEGA RUBIN (NINTENDO)
38 (78) PS3 LITTLEBIGPLANET 3 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
39 (18) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
40 (__) XBO WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
41 (68) WII NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII (NINTENDO)
42 (67) WII MARIO PARTY 9 (NINTENDO)
43 (NE) PC PILLARS OF ETERNITY (KOCH MEDIA)
44 (21) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS (NINTENDO)
45 (29) PC DIE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
46 (__) PS4 INJUSTICE: GÖTTER UNTER UNS - ULTIMATE EDITION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
47 (20) PS4 THE ORDER: 1886 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
48 (86) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
49 (56) WII JUST DANCE 2015 (UBISOFT)
50 (19) 3DS MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)

Top 50

PS4 - 21
PS3 - 7
XBO - 7
3DS - 6
PC - 4
WII - 3
WIU - 1
360 - 1

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...There must have been some special deals last week in Germany, otherwise some re-entries can't be explained at all.

Top Bottom