• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paranormal Activity VR coming to Morpheus/Vive/Rift

The horror potential for VR is too high

Even that "playing a game while sitting on a couch" VR game seems scary in a fundamental way that even the scariest traditional games could never achieve.

This seems like it would be better with HoloLens, The marketing line could sell itself "Turn your home into a horror film" or "You scream at the characters on screen, now become that character making the same stupid decisions in your own home" :p

pants

I mean, I like PA, I watch all of them, but they're basically the Resident Evil of horror movies, this shit aint scary anymore gais, you all are pre-pissing way too soon

TedHub

Banned
Got to try this out on the Vive at a demo at a local theater... Gotta say, not a very good demo at all. Especially for a first-time VR man like myself. Too many jump scares, too much stuff being pushed into my face.

Loved the Vive, though. Definitely felt like I was there after a minute.

See I don't go in for found footage most of the time, but that schtick combined with interactivity and immersiveness of VR has some real potential.

TedHub

Banned
See I don't go in for found footage most of the time, but that schtick combined with interactivity and immersiveness of VR has some real potential.

There is real potential, definitely... But it surely wasn't taken advantage of much here, at least in the demo I was shown.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
There is real potential, definitely... But it surely wasn't taken advantage of much here, at least in the demo I was shown.

Pretty much anything horror is tailor made for vr. As it is horror games are massively enhanced with headphones isolating you so youre not sure were the sounds are coming from, imagine taking your sight too? Nightmareeesss

Jedi2016

I'll have a nope with a side of fuck that.

I don't do horror in the Rift. Frikkin' roller coasters are bad enough.. lol.

TedHub

Banned
Pretty much anything horror is tailor made for vr. As it is horror games are massively enhanced with headphones isolating you so youre not sure were the sounds are coming from, imagine taking your sight too? Nightmareeesss

I'd agree if we were talking about another, good, game/demo/experience. This one was just trash. Not very scary.

Piers

I always thought Paranormal Activity would work well for the Wii U game pad in terms of the CCTV security cameras. Like classic RE meets FnaF.

Got to try this out on the Vive at a demo at a local theater... Gotta say, not a very good demo at all. Especially for a first-time VR man like myself. Too many jump scares, too much stuff being pushed into my face.

Loved the Vive, though. Definitely felt like I was there after a minute.
What theater? Is there anyway to look for a demo in my area?

Edit: I found it, here's the list and my source

AMC Loews White Marsh 16 - Baltimore, MD
AMC Neshaminy 24 - Bensalem, PA
AMC Loews Boston Common 19 - Boston, MA
AMC Century City 15 - Century City, CA
AMC Bay Street 16 - Emeryville, CA
AMC Town Square 18 - Las Vegas, NV
AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16 - Lynnwood, WA
AMC Tysons Corner 16 - McLean, VA
AMC Mesquite 30 with Dine-In Theatres - Mesquite, TX
AMC Empire 25 - New York, NY
AMC Orange 30 - Orange, CA
AMC Mission Valley 20 - San Diego, CA
AMC Metreon 16 - San Francisco, CA
AMC Mercado 20 - Santa Clara, CA
AMC Universal CityWalk 19 - Universal City, CA

Oct 22-24

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/21/paranormal-activity-vr-demo/

I live 10 miles or so from the first theater. I'm considering going to check it out.

Bollocks

Wait a minute, Paranormal Activity is the second highest grossing horror franchise and they are already up to number 6?
I thought this was just another horror movie. Well guess it is time to look into this franchise

Wait a minute, Paranormal Activity is the second highest grossing horror franchise and they are already up to number 6?
I thought this was just another horror movie. Well guess it is time to look into this franchise
Definitely check out the first one. After that, eh...

Top Bottom